PDA

View Full Version : Cain supporter leaning towards Ron Paul should Cain not win

Mike Frank
09-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Hello all,

I like Herman Cain because he is not a politician, but I like a lot of what Ron Paul says, especially ending the wars. I think we have a lot in common as far as policy to fix this country, why should I vote for Paul instead of Herman Cain?

trey4sports
09-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Welcome! glad to see you around here. Honestly, It's hard to really tell you why you should support Ron simply because (other than ending the wars) I'm not sure what issues matter to you. I can tell you this though, Ron Paul is a man of character, and even if you may not agree with all his policies his character is second to none, and he will NEVER tell you one thing and do another.

P.S. Ron will bring the troops home

The following video is really one of my favorites, and a great video if you want to know a little about Ron.

Bring. The. Troops. Home!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtd5XeamNNQ

eleganz
09-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Hello all,

I like Herman Cain because he is not a politician, but I like a lot of what Ron Paul says, especially ending the wars. I think we have a lot in common as far as policy to fix this country, why should I vote for Paul instead of Herman Cain?

Cool, welcome to the forums! We (as a whole) have been working on our own foreign relations here on RPF so hope it all pays off with new 'leaners' like yourself.

I have a few questions, how is the sentiment with other Cain supporters like yourself? do many like Ron Paul as well? do you come from a Cain forums/grassroots organization?

To answer your question, I think the something that really separates Ron Paul from Cain is that he is a top tier candidate, consistently polling in 3rd, not to mention his grassroots is very organized and dedicated to winning the primaries and caucuses. To be be a bit blunt, I do like some of what Cain has to say but he won't be a contender against Perry and Romney but Paul is currently exactly where McCain was in 2008 before he surged to win the GOP nomination.

I think that reason right there is enough to swing a vote from Cain to Paul, especially the person (you) likes both.

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-18-2011, 06:28 PM
One thing that Herman Cain says that has stuck with me is his message of getting government out of the way so businesses can work and grow the economy. That is 100% Ron Paul's philosophy. The taxation, regulation, and picking winners and losers has done nothing but hamper the recovery.

Elfshadow
09-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Hello all,

30 years of doing exactly what he says he will do.

Rocco
09-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Welcome to the forums, my friend of liberty! The reasons to vote for Paul over Cain have not to do with the differences between the two, but the similarities. They are the only two honest candidates who don't go out of their way to regurgitate talking points! They both have a track record of saying what they mean and meaning what they say. The difference is that Ron Paul does have a level of knowledge on how to end the system from within on issues like foreign policy that Cain doesn't YET have the experience in. Paul can articulate a lot on foreign policy that Cain will learn about after he earns an inevitable run for a congressional office to start his career.

The New Fury
09-18-2011, 06:32 PM
If you haven't checked this video out I would definitely suggest it. Welcome to the forums! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohKz9OeiI0g&feature=player_embedded

Oddone
Honestly, only Ron Paul himself can convince you. Please take the time to check out http://www.Ronpaulflix.com you will find many of his speeches, showing his view point on the issues. If you like what you see I would urge you to vote for Ron Paul as the Republican Nominee.

KingNothing
Hello all,

Awesome! Nice to meet, ya.

To answer your question, I would say that Ron has a completely unblemished history of backing his rhetoric up with appropriate action. Never voted for a tax increase. Never voted for an unbalanced budget. And he's not a pawn to lobbyists and corporations. Further, he predicted that the both the tech bubble and the housing bubble would burst, and that economic turmoil would follow.

To put it simply, he is an honest, humble man with the intelligence and character required to lead nation.

I'm sure others here will offer other, perhaps more convincing, arguments. Hope they're too you're liking!

TheTexan
09-18-2011, 06:34 PM
There's many, many, many reasons. But I'm just going to mention my favorite - ending the fed.

In just 3 years time, the Federal Reserve, in secret, printed 16 trillion dollars and gave it to various corporations and foreign interests. I think Morgan Stanley got around 2 trillion, Goldman Sachs got 600-800 billion, etc. The Fed is essentially stealing from us, by inflating our currency, and giving it to the rich, and we have no idea how long they have been doing this, because their activities are protected with secrecy. Only in the past few years, thanks to Ron Paul, have we been able to achieve a modicum of transparency to see what they are really up to.

The Federal Reserve prints money just to print money. And they think this is a good idea. From Ben Bernanke himself, in 2002:

What has this got to do with monetary policy? Like gold, U.S. dollars have value only to the extent that they are strictly limited in supply. But the U.S. government has a technology, called a printing press (or, today, its electronic equivalent), that allows it to produce as many U.S. dollars as it wishes at essentially no cost. By increasing the number of U.S. dollars in circulation, or even by credibly threatening to do so, the U.S. government can also reduce the value of a dollar in terms of goods and services, which is equivalent to raising the prices in dollars of those goods and services. We conclude that, under a paper-money system, a determined government can always generate higher spending and hence positive inflation.

(Please note, Bernanke is speaking in FAVOR of inflation here - not against it)

Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate that truly understands this issue. He has been telling us for 30 years that the Federal Reserve is up to no good, and now the other candidates are mimicking his statements on the issue without truly understanding the issue.

Vote for the real deal, not the people who pretend to know what they're talking about.

bluesc
09-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Well, it's hard to say without any specific issues that you care about, but his honesty is one universal thing. 2nd is the fact that he predicted all the problems we are facing at this moment, he knows what caused them, he knows how to get us out of them.

One video that, if you can find the time, you should definitely watch is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR4WYqabTxU

I've seen it 3 times :)

IDefendThePlatform
09-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Here's two of my favorites videos that show Dr. Paul's foresight and consistency:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0LRQhxy0Mc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Bfz4qf_rA

Welcome to the forums!

IndianaPolitico
09-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Wow, welcome to the forums, I am glad you decided to join.

SchleckBros
09-18-2011, 06:57 PM
If you haven't checked this video out I would definitely suggest it. Welcome to the forums! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohKz9OeiI0g&feature=player_embedded

+1

TheTexan
09-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Oh, and one more bit about the Fed:

The Fed is what financed these needless wars, and financed the needless government expansion into the inefficient behemoth it is today.

Ron Paul knows this, and has known this for 30 years.

Working Poor
09-18-2011, 07:05 PM
I think Cain seems like a good guy and a gentleman and I can understand why people like him especially the fact that he is not a politician. I really respect that in his supporters.

Ron has been standing up for a long time against many of the issues Cain brings to the table. I think Ron has more advantage over Cain in that he really does have tremendous support in spite of what the media says about him and unfortunately it does not seem that Cain has the financial backing that Ron does.

harikaried
09-18-2011, 07:06 PM
I think we have a lot in common as far as policy to fix this country, why should I vote for Paul instead of Herman Cain?If you like Cain's "Chilean Model" for Social Security, Ron Paul's plan would allow for that and more.

Whereas Cain's plan would let people choose how to invest their money similar to retirement plans like 401k or IRAs; Ron Paul would let people opt-out of any kind of Social Security plan and keep that money to invest in retirement plans like IRAs. Or if the person chooses to not worry about retirement and emergency funds at some time, s/he could put that money towards other uses.

Esoteric
09-18-2011, 07:07 PM
Welcome to the forum! Ron and Herman have this in common - Neither of them are politicians. Ron is a Statesman. He is honest. He is humble. He is well studied. These aren't characteristics of a politician, as far as I'm concerned.

These two are must-sees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S3lXDOQ7ec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6hxE3mPgtM

FA.Hayek
09-18-2011, 07:13 PM
welcome to the forums! I hope you decide to stick around! Many people that like Hermain Cain also like Ron Paul. I have a friend who's a Cain supporter and the fair tax (I think) really resonates with him. Having followed both politicians, I feel Ron Paul not only has a proven record of never voting against the constitution, but he is also against nation-building, for auditing and ending the FED (Cain has worked for the FED I believe).

RonPaulFever
09-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the forums!

I actually like and respect Mr. Cain, but it's my opinion that Ron Paul has a far greater understanding of the problems facing the country than any other candidate. He has been warning us for decades about the consequences of fiat money, fractional reserve banking, costly foreign interventionism and big government, and his voting record in Congress shows his unwavering allegiance to Constitutional principles. Simply stated, he is the most qualified candidate for the job!

Cabal
09-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Hello all,

Greetings.

I agree with your support of ending the wars, and Ron Paul is certainly one to support if you agree as well. This isn't a new issue for Ron Paul, he's been preaching this some message of peace and non-intervention for decades now. It is true Ron Paul has had a successful career as a Congressman, but relative to the connotations that apply to the word "politician" today, Ron Paul is what I'd suggest is a politician in name only. He stands by his principles--principles which are often in opposition to the establishment--and he does not waver from them; his unmatched record of consistency is clear evidence of this.

Not only do I agree with much of what Ron Paul stands for and proposes, I find Ron Paul to be of unmatched character and conviction. He says what he means and means what he says, unwilling to pander, even if people are not happy to hear the truths he speaks. I believe this takes courage and resolve which most politicians cannot be bothered to conjure as they flip from one position to another just to appease a certain constituency for the sole purpose of winning votes. Ron Paul is not running for President to enjoy the power of the executive office, he's running for President because he truly believes that we all deserve liberty and peace, and that's what he intends to restore.

_b_
09-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Welcome to the forum, Mike!

In addition to what everyone has said so far, I recommend going to the Ron Paul Classics channel on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/RonPaulClassics

Listen to what Ron is saying now, and then watch these old videos. You'll find that his message is the same. There is no one more devoted to individual liberty, free markets, peace, and the restricted government called for in the Constitution than Ron Paul, and there is also no one who more openly, honestly, and consistently upholds these values and works for their implementation.

Ron Paul is the closest we've come to Thomas Jefferson since Thomas Jefferson.

MelissaWV
09-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Cain has had some excellent points during this race, and his not being a politician is refreshing, but when I go to get my car fixed I don't see "I've never even changed a tire" as a plus. Dr. Paul has had a chance to vote on and propose many of the things Mr. Cain has been talking about. By being in Congress, he has had a chance to walk the walk.

The seriously amazing part of it is that he has done all of that, without compromising himself.

NickOdell
09-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Although I don't agree with absolutely everything Cain says or stands for like I do Ron, I see both of them as honest and looking for real solutions. Ron has more knowledge on most issues than the rest of the candidates running IMO.

-Nick

Note to forum members- This thread is exactly how we need to reach out to people who may like a different candidate a little better, or don't know about Ron Paul enough to support him. You don't have to be rude about everything you disagree with them on. They are more likely to support Ron if you are kind and respectful.

james1906
09-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Ron Paul may be a long-term Congressman, but in the grease pit that is DC, he is a glass of refreshing water that simply won't mix in.

TheTexan
09-18-2011, 07:46 PM
By being in Congress, he has had a chance to walk the walk.

The seriously amazing part of it is that he has done all of that, without compromising himself.

Yes, it wasn't so long ago, that I only believed in 3 things. Death, taxes, and dishonest politicians.

Then Ron Paul happened.

CaptainAmerica
09-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Hello all,

I like Herman Cain because he is not a politician, but I like a lot of what Ron Paul says, especially ending the wars. I think we have a lot in common as far as policy to fix this country, why should I vote for Paul instead of Herman Cain? Ron Paul will bring the gold standard back and get rid of the monopoly that runs the currency. The Federal Reserve board is a monopoly on our wealth. They can tax us by using the backdoor of "inflating money" and then handing it out secretly to foreign nations to bail them out from bankruptcy. That inflation of money and handouts hurts the value of our u.s. currency...Ron Paul wants to abolish them,and bring the gold standard back by using the U.S. Treasury the way the u.s. constitution says its suppose to be done.

Eric21ND
09-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Hello all,

I don't consider Dr. Paul a politician either; he's more of a statesman. The key in this election is record, it comes down to who can you trust to walk the walk. Paul's record is pristine. He's a throwback to the founding fathers and we'll likely never see another like him in our lifetime.

tremendoustie
09-18-2011, 08:52 PM
Hello all,

Welcome!

I think if ending the wars is important to you, as it is to me, Ron Paul really is the only candidate of you can count on.

For my part, I'm sick of the politicians who say one thing and do another. Ron Paul has a 30 year record of standing for liberty, even when it was not popular, and he had to vote alone or nearly alone. I know he's the real deal, for that reason. Many of the prominent candidates talk a talk about small government, but when given the opportunity in the past, they increased government. Both Perry and Romney supported the bailouts, for example, as well as government involvement in medicine.

If you really want to get into the issues in-depth, here's what I think is a pretty good hour long interview with Ron during his campaign in 2007.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCM_wQy4YVg

TheTexan
09-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Welcome!

I think if ending the wars is important to you, as it is to me, Ron Paul really is the only candidate of you can count on.

For my part, I'm sick of the politicians who say one thing and do another. Ron Paul has a 30 year record of standing for liberty, even when it was not popular, and he had to vote alone or nearly alone. I know he's the real deal, for that reason. Many of the prominent candidates talk a talk about small government, but when given the opportunity in the past, they increased government. Both Perry and Romney supported the bailouts, for example, as well as government involvement in medicine.

If you really want to get into the issues in-depth, here's what I think is a pretty good hour long interview with Ron during his campaign in 2007.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCM_wQy4YVg

Very good video. I've seen it before, but it was nice to see again. It really should be linked more often to new people.

Edit: one excellent point near the end, that I haven't heard in a long time. The interviewer asks "What about campaign contributions? Should there be no limit to that? What would stop corporations from controlling the government?" and Paul tells him "Sure, there shouldn't be any limit on contributions... and the corporations wouldn't have any interest in lining up to donate if the government wasn't in charge of taking people's money and divvying up the loot"

Such an awesome point imo.

Mises_to_Paul
09-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Hermain Cain supported the bailouts, is very inconsistent in his perspectives on the Fed, and supports the Patriot Act. He is also inexperienced, which is not a good thing, in and of itself (all else being equal). He expressly supports intervention into foreign affairs, particularly when it concerns Israel.

The executive summary would be:

Ron Paul wants you to have liberty and freedom to run your own life, for better or worse. A true small government mind in terms of economics, domestic policy, and foreign policy.

Herman Cain is much closer to the "I can run the farm better than anyone else" brand of conservative. So you would probably get a moderately more efficient version of the status quo.

How that appeals to you as a voter, I don't know.

Akus
09-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Hello all,

What issues matter to you?
Why do you BELIEVE Herman Cain?
If neither RP nor HC wins, who would you vote for?
Do you/did you like(d)/vote(d) for Obama?

I can't proceed until I know the answers to these.

Mike Frank
09-19-2011, 07:09 AM
I believe we need to restore our economy and bring jobs back to this country. I want the wars ended now. I want lower taxes and less spending, we don't have a tax problem we have a massive spending problem. We need to start building products in this country not outsourcing to China.

What I like about Herman is his business background and I believe he is honest. He is also not in politics, as he said a few times when asked what qualifies you to be president you have no political experience and he says, we have had experienced people in washington, how's that working out for everyone.

I've had paul supporters call me neocon and sellout and even worse, I was really reluctant to come here, but you guys have been very nice, thank you.

You guys have put up a lot of videos, I watched yours and I like a lot of what he said, thanks.

Mike Frank
09-19-2011, 07:10 AM
Sorry for the double post.

Welcome! glad to see you around here. Honestly, It's hard to really tell you why you should support Ron simply because (other than ending the wars) I'm not sure what issues matter to you. I can tell you this though, Ron Paul is a man of character, and even if you may not agree with all his policies his character is second to none, and he will NEVER tell you one thing and do another.

P.S. Ron will bring the troops home

The following video is really one of my favorites, and a great video if you want to know a little about Ron.

Bring. The. Troops. Home!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtd5XeamNNQ

I believe we need to restore our economy and bring jobs back to this country. I want the wars ended now. I want lower taxes and less spending, we don't have a tax problem we have a massive spending problem. We need to start building products in this country not outsourcing to China.

What I like about Herman is his business background and I believe he is honest. He is also not in politics, as he said a few times when asked what qualifies you to be president you have no political experience and he says, we have had experienced people in washington, how's that working out for everyone.

I've had paul supporters call me neocon and sellout and even worse, I was really reluctant to come here, but you guys have been very nice, thank you.

You guys have put up a lot of videos, I watched yours and I like a lot of what he said, thanks.

Mike Frank
09-19-2011, 07:17 AM
Cool, welcome to the forums! We (as a whole) have been working on our own foreign relations here on RPF so hope it all pays off with new 'leaners' like yourself.

I have a few questions, how is the sentiment with other Cain supporters like yourself? do many like Ron Paul as well? do you come from a Cain forums/grassroots organization?

To answer your question, I think the something that really separates Ron Paul from Cain is that he is a top tier candidate, consistently polling in 3rd, not to mention his grassroots is very organized and dedicated to winning the primaries and caucuses. To be be a bit blunt, I do like some of what Cain has to say but he won't be a contender against Perry and Romney but Paul is currently exactly where McCain was in 2008 before he surged to win the GOP nomination.

I think that reason right there is enough to swing a vote from Cain to Paul, especially the person (you) likes both.

Many Cain supporters agree with a lot of what Paul says, we have tried to ask questions about Paul about his positions and are treated pretty rotten when we argue our case or disagree with something, the name calling has turned many off at this point, I have thick skin so I try to ignore the negative but others don't have the patience for it.

Cain isn't doing well in the polls but I still support him, Paul seems to be the closest to my views now. I don't need to agree 100% with any candidate but I need 80% so I am not throwing away my vote.

I will try to answer some more questions later and I may pose a few more after I watch some of these other videos.

LawnWake
09-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Many Cain supporters agree with a lot of what Paul says, we have tried to ask questions about Paul about his positions and are treated pretty rotten when we argue our case or disagree with something, the name calling has turned many off at this point, I have thick skin so I try to ignore the negative but others don't have the patience for it.

Cain isn't doing well in the polls but I still support him, Paul seems to be the closest to my views now. I don't need to agree 100% with any candidate but I need 80% so I am not throwing away my vote.

I will try to answer some more questions later and I may pose a few more after I watch some of these other videos.

Would you wanna make a separate thread detailing how you along with other Cain supporters have been treated by Ron Paul supporters and how they're turned off by it? Some people really can't put themselves in someone else's shoes and think that just because they have the right to be idiots, they should be, regardless of what it does to the campaign.

I will say that I think Cain is awful to me, but heh, I don't expect any of his supporters to worship him because they're pro-infanticide.

Kudos for having an open mind, though.

eleganz
09-19-2011, 07:35 AM

Mike, sorry to hear you all had bad experiences with some Ron Paul supporters but many of us here on the forums have gone through self/cross-examination and are determined to be nice and patient to those who are willing to give Paul a chance and ignoring the haters altogether because arguing is simply not the way to get things done.

I'd like to say Ron Paul's video on Mutually Assured Respect vs Mutually Assured Destruction really put things into perspective (at least for me), he was talking about nations but it has a lot to do with ourselves as how we all come off with our own actions.

If you want to see exactly how the Ron Paul phenomenon started that got the nation and GOP party talking about federal reserve, ending the war, etc... feel free to watch "FOR LIBERTY", a documentary that more or less follows Ron Paul's 08 campaign and explains how the grassroots became so strong through the message of freedom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIcIkoOwp7s

here is the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emaeln--tzo&feature=relmfu

D.A.S.
09-19-2011, 09:45 AM

Hey Mike,

Kudos to you for coming here to ask questions and learn about Ron Paul.

May I ask where you ran into those abrasive Ron Paul supporters? Was it Facebook, Twitter, or some specific events? I think a lot of Ron's supporters have been absolutely frustrated with the media black-out of good news about Ron's campaign and blatant negative spin of Ron's positions, which makes it extremely difficult to educate people about Ron's positions. Of course, it isn't an excuse to behave poorly and be rude to people. Ron is LOVED by his supporters, so some people have trouble controlling their emotions when they are faced with an argument against their beloved candidate. A lot of Ron's supporters are still learning to be civil - I hope they understand they do a disservice to Ron when they aren't civil.

Welcome to the forums. Watching Ron's videos -- both speeches and interviews - is by far the best way to educate himself about the man.

Kylebutler
09-19-2011, 10:01 AM
I switched from Cain to Paul. By my own wild guess i expect 90% of Cain supporters to do the same should he lose.

jmdrake
09-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Hello Mike. Sorry for your ill treatment. People are often not as cordial online as they are in real life (myself included).

As for your original question, as others have pointed out if you're against the wars Ron Paul is the only viable option. Cain supports have troops in Iran and Afghanistan indefinitely. I'm not sure what he thinks of Libya.

On the economic front, Ron Paul seems to have more faith in his economic philosophy than Herman Cain has in his. Take the debt ceiling. Herman Cain said he was against raising it. The Chris Wallace stated that fed chairman Ben Bernanke said we needed to raise it. Rather the say "Bernanke is wrong", Herman Cain said "My plan can't work now because they waited too late". Then a couple of months later he was saying once again that we shouldn't raise the debt ceiling. Which is it? Same thing on TARP. The next president will face enormous pressure on the economic front to compromise with the big government types that got us in this mess. I'm not certain that Cain would stick to his guns if someone like Bernanke or Greenspan gave him bad advice.

leonster
09-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Just IMO, but Herman Cain is not bad, and if he was the nominee I'd probably vote for him in the general election. He's much preferable to Obama.

You'll see on here, there's several of the Republican candidates we really dislike--Perry chief among them (will say or do anything to get elected but isn't actually conservative in the slightest... many of us think he's kinda scummy, both on policy and personally), Santorum (irrelevant but severely, dangerously misguided) as well, and might as well lump Romney in there (not *personally* a bad guy, but again not at all conservative, and flip-floppy to boot).

Bachmann and Gingrich... some of us grudgingly accept, some not so much. They've recently adopted many of Ron Paul's major talking points for popularity, but I don't think they really mean them.

Cain, though... well, I'm sure someone somewhere on the board said negative things about him, but I don't really remember anything specific. Ahh, yes I do, come to think of it--about him having been high up in the Federal Reserve in the past--we're anti-Fed here. Overall though I'd say he's fairly respected, though not preferred, here. To me, he seems a decent guy, not a politician/blowhard (!), and refreshingly enough admits when he doesn't know something.

The thing is: Ron Paul doesn't have to admit that, b/c it's pretty rare for him to be unaware of any political issue and how it relates to liberty. :)

georgiaboy
09-19-2011, 03:13 PM
I switched from Cain to Paul. By my own wild guess i expect 90% of Cain supporters to do the same should he lose.

I get the same impression.

I ran into a Cain supporter who had great things to say about Ron as well. Foreign policy was this person's point of differentiation. To which I said "foreign policy or not, Ron Paul's long record in Congress of actually doing what he says he'll do to reduce the size of gov't is something that's astonishing and at the front of my thoughts when I think about my kids' and grandkids' futures". Nods.

Havax
09-19-2011, 03:16 PM
The vast majority of Cain's support is because "he is not a politican". The main reason why Ron Paul is a great 2nd option if this is your main concern is because he is not a politican either. He's a principled statesman whose only 'special interest' is liberty.

Eric21ND
09-19-2011, 03:53 PM

Paul will have an economic dream team in his administration. Peter Schiff will have a prominent role. Not only are you getting Dr. Paul, but all the great people he will bring with him to turn around the economy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLmD9TeUC54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbQGpf3D_Q

MRoCkEd
09-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Welcome, Mike! Great to have you here.

I think you will come to really like Ron Paul because of his consistent record of standing for smaller government, balanced budgets, and lower taxes. He also wants to bring our brave young men and women home to defend this country.

Hope you stick around.

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-19-2011, 04:08 PM
The main reason politicians have such a bad reputation is because so many of them become corrupted by Washington and forget what matters. They start voting with their party and against the will of their constituents. Ron Paul has such a dedicated and enthusiastic following because he has been able to resist pressure from his fellow congressmen and remain true to his conservative principles. The Tea Party doesn't have to hold his feet to the fire because he has been tested countless times and has held strong.

BSU kid
09-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Now might be the time to reach out to Cain supporters on other sites. At least lay the foundation for RP once Cain drops out....

Cain really is a nice guy, but lacks experience and is a little anti-muslim for my tastes; I think he is very similar to RP on other issues though.

PaulConventionWV
09-19-2011, 04:16 PM
I think Cain is one of the most honest people in the race now, and he lets it be known what he stands for. In my honest opinion, however, I think his positions are too vague, and I believe he is severely misguided on the economy. Only Ron Paul knows what it really takes to help boost the economy, and that ties in nicely with his views on the wars. If we end the wars, it will immediately help our economy, but I don't think Cain would do either at this point. However, Ron has a very deep understanding in economics and how the Federal Reserve Bank causes the business cycles and the booms and busts of our economy. If he were president, I believe we would have a much more stable economy because he is the only one who truly wants to change our monetary policy, out of anyone running. That's why I sincerely believe that, as people begin to realize that the economy is only going to continue to worsen if we follow the same economic strategies we always have, more people are going to turn to Paul and support him because he is the only one who truly represents a change in the direction our economy is headed, and that is the most important issue to me and many.

However, I don't know what's important to you, but I hope you will look into Ron Paul some more and see why he speaks the truth on this issue when most people advocate the status quo and the same policies we've had for so long that have gotten us in so much trouble. This has been going on ever since the creation of the Fed and Roosevelt's New Deal. We really need a change, and Ron Paul is the only one who can bring it.

Shane Harris
09-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Ive been a Paul supporter for 3 years now, but i briefly liked Cain back in February before I learned about his support for TARP and the patriot act and the fed. Just this weekend I got my great aunt who was leaning Cain to lean Paul. Most of his supporters just know that he is not a politician and are fed up with the status quo. Ron Paul is the natural better choice in my opinion. Also, if you want to end the wars then Cain is not your guy. He has never once mentioned bringing the troops home. In fact, as someone leaning Cain you ought to watch his 9-11 campaign video which many of us on the forums found to be disturbing and in bad taste. It uses the fear and pain from that tragic day for political gain in my opinion.

Shane Harris
09-19-2011, 04:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ-WTFA2vXY

they disabled ratings on the youtube because it was getting so many dislikes.

Rudeman
09-19-2011, 05:11 PM
The only issue I have with Cain is I feel like he's sort of a slogan machine (9-9-9 plan). I'm sure he does that to simplify his positions for the American public. He seems honest though and I don't get the slimy politician feel from him like I do from someone like Perry.

Not being a politician doesn't really matter to me because he's running for a political position. How you act once in that position is key and that's why I value someone who is honest has conviction and principles that they abide by, that is why I like and support Ron Paul (that and obviously because I agree with him on a large majority of the issues).

I'm sorry that other Ron Paul supporters have been abrasive to you guys. We ourselves should listen to Dr. Paul and understand the blowback of such actions.

Mike Frank
09-20-2011, 09:24 AM
One thing that Herman Cain says that has stuck with me is his message of getting government out of the way so businesses can work and grow the economy. That is 100% Ron Paul's philosophy. The taxation, regulation, and picking winners and losers has done nothing but hamper the recovery.

This is another reason I like Cain, I am really liking Paul too, I don't agree with him on everything nor do I agree with everything Herman says either, As I stated earlier Paul is my second choice, most of you folks have been very civil here, this is how a dialog is started and how people can come together and talk politics and actually get things done.

Mike Frank
09-20-2011, 09:25 AM

Yes his record makes a strong statement, I am slowly learning more about him thanks to all of you.

Mike Frank
09-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Welcome to the forums, my friend of liberty! The reasons to vote for Paul over Cain have not to do with the differences between the two, but the similarities. They are the only two honest candidates who don't go out of their way to regurgitate talking points! They both have a track record of saying what they mean and meaning what they say. The difference is that Ron Paul does have a level of knowledge on how to end the system from within on issues like foreign policy that Cain doesn't YET have the experience in. Paul can articulate a lot on foreign policy that Cain will learn about after he earns an inevitable run for a congressional office to start his career.

Herman doesn't want a career in congress, this is why I like him, he only wants this country back on track, I need to look more into Ron's monetary policy before I pass judgement.

Chester Copperpot

+1

Mike Frank
Honestly, only Ron Paul himself can convince you. Please take the time to check out http://www.Ronpaulflix.com you will find many of his speeches, showing his view point on the issues. If you like what you see I would urge you to vote for Ron Paul as the Republican Nominee.

Thanks, I will take a look at the site.

KingNothing
09-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Yes his record makes a strong statement, I am slowly learning more about him thanks to all of you.

Well, there's a lot to learn and I do have to say that you've been an absolutely wonderfully open-minded guest and a welcomed addition to the forum. So take your time in trudging through all of the Paul videos and information on these fair interwebs of ours.

You know, one of the most important things that Paul preaches to Americans is the need to form coalitions. I really think that the Cain and Paul supporters can do that. Both groups recognize that "business as usual" in Washington just won't cut it. And it seems like all of the other candidates only pay lipservice to that fact.

eleganz
09-20-2011, 09:52 AM
Herman doesn't want a career in congress, this is why I like him, he only wants this country back on track, I need to look more into Ron's monetary policy before I pass judgement.

The only thing you need to know about Ron Paul and finance is that he repeatedly grills Ben Bernanke in financial services committee meetings :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkUc0k2ePhk&feature=related

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Herman doesn't want a career in congress, this is why I like him, he only wants this country back on track, I need to look more into Ron's monetary policy before I pass judgement.Ron Paul wants sound money. That's his monetary policy in a nutshell. The Federal Reserve is constantly inflating our dollar and imposing an invisible tax on us. Each dollar we earn is losing buying power, all so the government can maintain out-of-control spending. Dr. Paul was the one who brought this issue to the forefront.

fearthereaperx
09-20-2011, 06:04 PM
The only thing you need to know about Ron Paul and finance is that he repeatedly grills Ben Bernanke in financial services committee meetings :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkUc0k2ePhk&feature=related

After watching that clip again..I don't think even Ben Bernanke believes half the stuff he is spewing.

matt0611
09-20-2011, 06:22 PM
After watching that clip again..I don't think even Ben Bernanke believes half the stuff he is spewing.

Lol yeah..."prices might rise because the price of oil might go up", but what makes the price of oil go up Ben? Why isn't the price of oil going up in gold or in other "harder" currencies? Why does the price of oil and other commodities follow closely to the inverse in the increase in the money supply Ben?

Shane Harris
09-20-2011, 06:40 PM
www.mises.org provides all you will ever need to know on ron pauls monetary beliefs and political beliefs as well. I suggest reading Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt, or How an Economy Grows and Why it Crashes by Peter Schiff.

fearthereaperx
09-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Just go straight to Peter Schiff; he explains how the economy works better than anyone else out there by keeping it interesting, smart, and very engaging.

Eric21ND
09-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Have you gotten a chance to view the Peter Schiff video I posted? He was Ron Paul's economic advisor.

steph3n
09-24-2011, 02:51 AM
I tell you, Cain has me falling for this chilean model thing, I mean who could pass it up?

http://static7.businessinsider.com/image/4e68e54349e2ae5b3900007f/what-the-heck-is-the-chilean-model.jpg

Oddone
09-24-2011, 03:18 AM
If that was the "model" he wanted us to start using, I'd have to reconsider my vote. :p

Sjmfury
09-24-2011, 07:23 AM
^ lol