PDA

View Full Version : Is there disagreement within the CIA about blowback?

bb_dg
09-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Are there any members/ former members of the CIA that have outspokenly disagreed with blowback in the middle east?

TheTexan
09-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Noone reputable, no.

The facts overwhelmingly support the idea that our actions have caused blowback. Any people who disagree with this rarely, if ever, provide any facts to substantiate their argument.

hubze
09-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Alex, I am not sure how they could. It is a fact and has been going on for years...ever since their inception. But to my knowledge, there is nothing out there. And if there was, it would most likely be to discredit Ron Paul and Scheuer.

eleganz
09-18-2011, 06:05 PM
lol how could they? CIA was caught visiting Osama Bin Laden during a dialysis session.

Oddone
09-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Indeed no one from any intelligence agency has ever said, they are attacking us for our freedoms. In fact all reports, including reports given to the 9/11 commission all collaborate blowback.

trey4sports
09-18-2011, 06:09 PM
i think some folks can disagree about the extent of the blowback we incur but i don't think anyone is going to debate whether or not blowback exists.

bb_dg
09-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Maybe the CIA should endorse Ron Paul :D

KingNothing
09-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Are there any members/ former members of the CIA that have outspokenly disagreed with blowback in the middle east?

No. Blowback is a fact.

It's important to remember though, that a perfectly reasonable and just action could have negative consequences. I say that because there is, without a doubt, a very small segment within the Muslim world that does indeed hate America because we're free and have no interest in converting to their religion. People within that group are dangerous, are at war with us, and have to be dealt with. The neo-conservatives believe that we can deal with these people by installing pro-American, "democratic" and "capitalistic" regimes all over the middle east, in order to life those nations out of poverty. With wealth, they believe, the hatred for the West would fade. Michael Scheuer says that this belief is non-sense and that the Islamists will be at war with us regardless of how much wealth their homelands produce, because of the long history of American involvement in their world. What we've got to realize, however, is that many things we've done in the past (while waging the Cold War, working out oil deals, supporting Israel, fighting violent Islamists, etc) have had unintentional consequences and incident broader resentment within the more moderate muslim community towards America.

KingNothing
09-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Maybe the CIA should endorse Ron Paul :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0VatZhh3pE

Eric21ND
09-18-2011, 08:54 PM
"He knows as much about the middle east as my chair."

lmao!!