PDA

View Full Version : O woe! Fear and Loathing! We're Right Where We Want to Be!!

acptulsa
09-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Just look at what has become of us! We've refined our responses to the same old, tired criticism! We've gained so much attention that when we criticize 'news' outlets A, B and C in the morning for not covering a straw poll Dr. Paul pwned, outlets D and E are sure to cover it in the afternoon! We're getting so much traffic across the website we actually have to watch what we say!

We've put our man's name on so many lips that out-of-the-box ideas like blimps are considered unnecessary! We're getting so many crossover voters interested in the G.O.P. primaries that we're discussing how to win one group without offending the other! We have so discredited the MIA's pet MSM that we can sit back and laugh about it!

Where's the spark? Where's the fire? Where's that indefinable spirit of abject desperation that had us so very energized four years ago? What has popularizing so many of our wild and whacky ideas that three quarters of the G.O.P. field or more are stealing them and pretending they're their own done to us?

The country is adapting to our wisdom to such a degree that we're actually going to have to adapt to frontrunner status!! Who could have predicted such a calamity?!

My advice is simple: PANIC!!

febo
09-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Where's the spark? Where's the fire? Where's that indefinable spirit of abject desperation that had us so very energized four years ago? What has popularizing so many of our wild and whacky ideas that three quarters of the G.O.P. field or more are stealing them and pretending they're their own done to us?

The country is adapting to our wisdom to such a degree that we're actually going to have to adapt to frontrunner status!! Who could have predicted such a calamity?!

My advice is simple: PANIC!!

Maybe your second point answers the first - the nearer you get to getting what you want, the more sober you become... it ain't easy, getting what you want, when you chose to want something you were fairly certain you'd never get it...

ItsTime
09-18-2011, 02:41 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2vdnxnk.gif

Crickett
09-18-2011, 02:43 PM
I bet the gop in CA was surprised at how many new registrations they got in the last 2 weeks..LOL

acptulsa
09-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Maybe your second point answers the first - the nearer you get to getting what you want, the more sober you become... it ain't easy, getting what you want, when you chose to want something you were fairly certain you'd never get it...

It may be hard to adjust to libertarian ideas gaining mainstream traction. It may be. But as a person who loves this nation, I must admit that it does give me hope like I've never felt before.

I was raised on My Country, Right or Wrong. We're far too powerful a republic Of the People, By the People and (in a good decade) For the People for that these days--in truth, we were too strong for that even thirty-five years ago. I'm so proud to see a spark of true responsibility and rationality enter our national discourse I can't describe it. And I'm sure proud to have played a small part in it.

Can't say it enough. I'm truly honored to be among us.