PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul wins California straw poll

Rael
09-18-2011, 01:07 PM
(CNN) -- Texas Rep. Ron Paul won a California straw poll, the state Republican Party announced in a statement Saturday night.

A total of 833 ballots were cast during the straw poll, the statement said.

Paul won with 44.9% of the votes, Texas Gov. Rick Perry came in second with 29.3% of the votes, and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney came in third with 8.8% of the votes.

The California Republican Party, associated members and registered guests were allowed to vote in the straw poll, according to the statement.

Paul was scheduled to give speeches in Los Angeles on Saturday, including the keynote at the Republican Liberty Caucus of California.
Ron Paul's sick staffer died uninsured

He has gained momentum in the race for the White House in recent weeks, according to the latest CNN/ORC International Poll. Among current GOP candidates, Paul placed third in the poll with 13%, following Romney in second place with 21% and Perry in first with 32%.

His win came the same day he celebrated Constitution Day with another one of his "money bomb" fundraisers.

The online event attempts to raise a large sum of cash in 24 hours, a tactic that's proved successful in the past for Paul.

DamianTV
09-18-2011, 08:20 PM
This deserves a Bump!

dannno
09-18-2011, 09:48 PM
bump

Rael
09-18-2011, 09:50 PM
I can't figure out why no one else here is talking about this? This is a great thing.

Forums are slow today...

james1906
09-18-2011, 09:51 PM
There's about a dozen other threads on it.

Rael
09-18-2011, 09:54 PM
There's about a dozen other threads on it.

You know I thought surely I can't be the only one who noticed this. But I didn't see any other threads on it.

james1906
09-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Go to grassroots...
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?316554-Congressman-Ron-Paul-Wins-2011-California-Straw-Poll

Anti Federalist
09-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Ron Paul's sick staffer died uninsured

That's the new racist newsletter meme.

Pauls' Revere
09-19-2011, 01:27 AM
bump!

sailingaway
09-19-2011, 07:15 AM
That's the new racist newsletter meme.

His family said he had a preexisting condition and couldn't be insured. The left is using it to say, aha, a preexisting condition that couldn't be insured! This is why the entire nation should be stuck with Obamacare! Nevermind that he did get medical care even without it.

Maestro232
09-19-2011, 10:01 AM
His family said he had a preexisting condition and couldn't be insured. The left is using it to say, aha, a preexisting condition that couldn't be insured! This is why the entire nation should be stuck with Obamacare! Nevermind that he did get medical care even without it.

I work next to an RP hater who brought this up the other day. Can someone send me to the right resources on combating this one? Thankz.