PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC On Ron Paul's CA Straw Poll Victory

Cabal
09-18-2011, 12:32 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44565575/ns/politics-decision_2012/#.TnY3NI7shBk

LOS ANGELES — Texas congressman Ron Paul won the California Republican straw poll Saturday after making several speeches at the GOP state convention, officials announced.

The presidential hopeful drew 374 out of 833, or 44.9 percent, ballots, Tom Del Beccaro, California Republican Party chairman announced at the GOP state convention. Ballots were cast by party members, associated members and registered guests, who could choose among 11 candidates.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry came in second, with 244 votes, or 29.3 percent.

The rest of the field of 11, which included write-ins for the first time:

Mitt Romney (74, 8.8 percent)
Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (64, 7.7 percent)
Jon Huntsman (17, 2.0 percent)
Herman Cain (15, 1.8 percent)
Newt Gingrich (14, 1.7 percent)
Thad McCotter (7, 0.8 percent)
Rick Santorum (7, 0.8 percent)
Gary Johnson (2, 0.2 percent)
Fred Karger (1, 0.1 percent)
Write-ins (15, 1.8 percent)

Paul drew supportive crowds for several speaking appearances at the state party convention the JW Marriott in downtown Los Angeles.

"I think the main purpose of our Constitution and political action should be the preservation of liberty," Paul told delegates Saturday, which was Constitution Day.

more at link

Surprisingly positive article from what I gather.

notsure
09-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Yea, that was a surprisingly good article. Too bad I never heard them mention the straw-poll win on 'Meet the Press', however they didn't fail mention Perry and Romney again and their psuedo Social Security argument. I heard them say something like ' Perry and Romney are the front-runners, while the other candidates are struggling to breakthrough.' Maybe I just missed the part where they talked about the straw poll, but I doubt it.

axiomata
09-18-2011, 01:16 PM
I doubt they fired every respectable journalist when they decided to become the Democrats' propaganda arm.

Aratus
09-18-2011, 02:43 PM
hades, yes! heck, yes! ...and ben hecht, yes!

acptulsa
09-18-2011, 02:47 PM
And Cain, who just managed to get as many votes as the write-ins, got a spot on Faux Sunday Morning (which also failed to mention this straw poll today, along with every broadcast network).

CBS cut off my Chiefs game today. Admittedly they were sucking it through a straw and could never come back. But to cover someone who is that far behind and ignore someone who is third and crushed the straw poll in the most populous state in the Union? How can Rupert justify this?