PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts about Nov. 2012

IRONCLAD
09-18-2011, 11:17 AM
There is more support for Ron Paul and the support for him is real, you can't say that about Bachmann. In Iowa Bachmann had to sell tickets for a show to get the votes.

Perry this weekend in Ca. dragged teens out of school "pulling strings" to come support him at the event, but that was a big flop all together. It's sad when anyone has to sell, force, trick, or even lie to get people to vote for them in a campaign/straw poll or what have ya'.

Ron Paul's supporters are real, true, and who loves freedom. They come from all walks of life, their from the left, right, and even in the middle. No one else can do that, not even Obama can muster up support like Dr. No can. When Congressman Ron Paul receives the nod from the GOP, Obama is in so much trouble he will lose by a landslide.

I guess my point is: I wish Nov. 2012 would come already, so we can get our president in office.

Luckie McDonald

R3volutionJedi
09-18-2011, 12:14 PM
If Ron Paul wins the Nomination- he will win.
(Hypothetical Prediction if a landslide)

Paul 54.6%
Obama 45.2%
Other 0.2%

If he ran as an Independent (and was allowed to participate in the debates), I believe he would win as well.
(hypothetical prediction)

Perry 24.7%
Obama 37.2%
Paul 39.0%
Other 0.1%

but right now....we need to do all we can for the nomination.

Paul 37%
Romney 35%
Perry 26%
Other 2%

gerryb
09-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Don't be so cocksure.

we are not winning.

Doors need to be knocked on. Phone calls made. Tables at events staffed.

RP is polling between 6-12% nationwide among those who vote...

acptulsa
09-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Well, to get to November we must first get the nomination. Which is the hard part.

Republicans do love to win. If only that were enough, we could just tell them 'nominate our man and watch our smoke!' Which is true. But winning isn't the only thing every Republican wants.

This is certainly no time to let up.

BUSHLIED
09-18-2011, 05:37 PM
There is long road ahead...winning is the outcome of the hard work that needs to put forth from now until the nominating convention...my sense is that if Ron were to win, it would be at the convention and even that is unlikely...Perry and Romney will have money to spend all the way down until the last primary and you can bet that one of them will stay in even if Ron wins many caucuses.

If Ron were to win all the purely caucus states (11 in total I believe) the total number of delegates won would be approximately 361 out of the 1190 needed to win. Which is about 1/3 needed. Anyway, my point is that Ron simple must win a Primary within a delegate rich state like NY, TX, CA, FL, OH etc...if he is going to muster enough delegates to force a convention. Which means that 502 delegates must be won by Ron or a combination of other candidates (assuming that the other candidate doesn't drop out and pledge them to the other candidate to edge out 1190...

iamse7en
09-18-2011, 07:18 PM
But he always wins.

IRONCLAD
09-19-2011, 09:06 PM
I just hope sure as hell the GOP allows Ron Paul a fair shake. Look what the Texas GOP did a couple of months ago. The GOP in Texas was so afraid of Ron Paul winning, the GOP decide not to have one this go around.... what a bunch of candy asses. Are the Neo-cons so scared of Ron Paul they'll do anything to stop Ron Paul?