PDA

View Full Version : Libya's Rebels Given Full UN Membership

Agorism
09-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Libya's Rebels Given Full UN Membership

http://news.antiwar.com/2011/09/16/quick-action-un-gives-libyas-rebels-a-seat

In a move which a number of African Union nations called premature, the United Nations General Assembly voted overwhelmingly to give Libya’s National Transitional Council (NTC) the nation’s seat at the United Nations.

The vote was 114-17 with a handful of South American nations opposing the measure, and much of the African Union abstaining, arguing that such a vote should only happen after the NTC forms a proper government.

Egyptian Ambassador Maged Abdel Fattah Abdelaziz defended the quick vote, saying that there was no other legitimate option in the face of the NTC’s conquest of Tripoli but to allow them to occupy the seat.

The vote to so quickly recognize the NTC may prove an interesting obstacle for the United States as it aims to block the Palestinian Liberation Organization’s attempt to secure recognition for Palestine as a member nation, a vote expected next Friday.

17 votes will be much more significant opposition than the Palestinians will face in the general assembly.

HOLLYWOOD
09-18-2011, 11:41 AM
The vote to so quickly recognize the NTC may prove an interesting obstacle for the United States as it aims to block the Palestinian Liberation Organization’s attempt to secure recognition for Palestine as a member nation, a vote expected next Friday. That pretty much proves the Empire of Lies and New World Order of Propaganda

oyarde
09-19-2011, 09:42 AM
I do not recall ever seeing anything happen so quickly.

_b_
09-19-2011, 07:21 PM
I wonder how long before they get a BIS bank and start cranking out the fiat money.

Seraphim
09-19-2011, 07:36 PM
And then all hail the wonders of modern money mechanics!!! Until it all crashes...

I wonder how long before they get a BIS bank and start cranking out the fiat money.

fj45lvr
09-20-2011, 01:13 AM
I guess this is supposed to be some kind of sick joke for the Palestinians

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-20-2011, 01:20 AM
Well Al'Qaeda has a seat in the UN...McCain must be ecstatic. :D

CaptainAmerica
09-20-2011, 02:40 AM
the U.N. is the enemy of the free people of this world.