PDA

View Full Version : We need to eliminate the November 11th moneybomb.

PaulConventionWV
09-18-2011, 10:56 AM
The BlackThisOut! moneybomb is already garnering a lot of support and excitement, and should be kept on the agenda. However, I think we need to reschedule a bit.

The problem is that November 11th is only a couple of weeks after BTO, and BTO is only a little less than 3 weeks after the end of the quarter push. I think the campaign should strive to get as much money as possible early. Think about it. If we follow this strategy and absolutely dry up our money pool from here until November 11th, the moneybombs aren't going to be very successful. My proposed plan is:

1. End of quarter push. This gets the money as early as possible and helps our 3rd quarter fundraising goals. By the time the fourth quarter rolls around, the money won't matter as much.

2. Black This Out! moneybomb. This has a lot of organic energy behind it, and we can manage it.

3. Tea Party moneybomb on December 16th.

The problem is when we have another moneybomb sandwiched between the two big ones. It brings down the totals and keeps the money from getting to us early if we eliminate the end of quarter push in favor of the frequent moneybomb strategy. If we have a successful push now and then start off the fourth quarter with a fairly good BTO moneybomb, we should be set until the Tea Party bomb. If we don't have any moneybombs between October 19th and December 16th, the totals will be much better. Inserting a November 11th really dries up the donation pool with 4 major fundraising events (Constitution day, end of quarter push, BTO, and November 11th) all within a few weeks of each other. If we eliminate November 11th, that gives us a lot more time to promote the original tea party moneybomb, and I think that has the potential to be a big success, which will effectively take care of the fourth quarter. The thing is, if we try to use the November 11th moneybomb, then we will have to give up the idea of a big end of quarter push now in favor being able to make BTO and November 11th reasonably successful. If we do this, we dilute the effect of the moneybombs, raising less money overall, and we get the money later than we would if we adopted my strategy. The point is, the money is less important the closer we get to 2012, so allocating most of the money to the end of quarter push and a BTO moneybomb would help fund the campaign for the most part, and then a successful tea party moneybomb would seal the deal, so to speak.

The only major change this is from the popular schedule is that we give up the November 11th moneybomb. I think everyone should listen to this strategy and try to work on getting the money now and not worry about November 11th or downplay it because it's only going to take away from future success by starving the donating populace and degrading efforts to get the money now as well as downgrading our ability to raise money in the future (Tea Party moneybomb). After that, it really doesn't even matter. We'll come up with something. But for now, we must eliminate the November 11th moneybomb from the schedule.

wstrucke
09-18-2011, 11:03 AM
Don't agree. This is about spreading the message and bringing in new donors at this point. We're very close to a critical mass.

PaulConventionWV
09-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Don't agree. This is about spreading the message and bringing in new donors at this point. We're very close to a critical mass.

And how does my strategy not do that?

kylejack
09-18-2011, 11:10 AM
I would have preferred to have a Fifth of November moneybomb, but shrug.

cero
09-18-2011, 11:12 AM
I have no prob with the nov 11 moneybomb being a minibomb :D

notsure
09-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Yea, I thought it was the Fifth of November? 11/V/11

RonPaulFever
09-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Enough of these vanilla-themed moneybombs. Ron's birthday, Constitution Day, Veteran's Day....boring! The last two served their purpose but we need to get people excited.

cero
09-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Enough of these vanilla-themed moneybombs. Ron's birthday, Constitution Day, Veteran's Day....boring! The last two served their purpose but we need to get people excited.

---

ItsTime
09-18-2011, 11:18 AM
I dont think we should get rid of Nov 11th.

Yea, I thought it was the Fifth of November? 11/V/11

No, 'Anonymous' has hijacked that date and we want nothing to do with terrorist groups. They are planning an attack on Facebook on Nov/5th. Plus all the terrorist ties with that date to begin with.

notsure
09-18-2011, 11:21 AM
I dont think we should get rid of Nov 11th.

No, 'Anonymous' has hijacked that date and we want nothing to do with terrorist groups. They are planning an attack on Facebook on Nov/5th. Plus all the terrorist ties with that date to begin with.

O Lawd

MJU1983
09-18-2011, 11:22 AM

Yes, screw raising millions of dollars. lol

Black THIS Out I thin could be a big money bomb but to say that Veterans Day isn't important, seems silly. Dr. Paul is a Veteran, 2Q he received the MOST from active duty military, I assume Veterans also like him. If nothing else, it would be nice to honor those that are supporting him and his message of peace...plus raise a million bucks. ;)

Maximus
09-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Money is money, the campaign needs it, we will get it to them.

TexMac
09-18-2011, 12:24 PM
I'm all for doing all the moneybombs,but NickOdell has a point about the Veteran's day one. What if it's small and the media narrative is that we don't really support the troops? Kinda risky.

InTradePro
09-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Debate dates.

The 2012 Republican National Convention
August 27-30, 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Republican_National_Convention

The 2012 Republican Party Presidential Debates
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_(United_States)_presidential_deba tes,_2012#Debates_and_attendance

May 5, 2011
June 13, 2011
August 11, 2011
September 7, 2011
September 12, 2011
September 22, 2011
October 11, 2011
October 18, 2011
November 9, 2011
December 10, 2011
January 12, 2012
January 19, 2012
January 30, 2012
February 7-13, 2012
February 19-27, 2012
March 5, 2012

November 11th is with CNBC and looks an excellent date for new supporter interest.

libertybrewcity
09-18-2011, 12:33 PM
No way. The November 11 moneybomb may be the most important one of the entire election. The Iowa caucus might be early December and the campaign will NEED money to run ads and WIN Iowa.

hueylong
09-18-2011, 12:39 PM
No way -- 11/11/11 is one of the most memorable dates you could ask for. No reason to cancel ANY Moneybombs.

Paul4Prez
09-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Keep it. There are always new donors, and previous donors who have saved up more money.

Donate now if you can -- Q3 numbers will get big media coverage, attract new supporters, and prove Ron Paul is top tier. (Or that he can't keep up with Bachmann, Huntsman, and Cain -- it's up to us.)

Find new donors for 10/19, and make it a big success.
Find new donors for 11/11, and keep the money flowing in.

After Ready Ames Fire fizzled a little, I suggested dropping the Birthday Bomb and waiting for Constitution Day. Fortunately we didn't, and the Birthday Bomb was a big success. 9/17 was modest, but needed to juice the Q3 numbers.

Paul4Prez
09-18-2011, 12:45 PM

Constitution Day is "vanilla"?????? Isn't Ron Paul's decades-long support of the Constitution the reason he is doing so well? Didn't he call himself "the Champion of the Constitution"?????

PaulConventionWV
09-18-2011, 12:45 PM

My point precisely. Along with getting the money earlier, which I explained in my previous post.

PaulConventionWV
09-18-2011, 12:49 PM
No way. The November 11 moneybomb may be the most important one of the entire election. The Iowa caucus might be early December and the campaign will NEED money to run ads and WIN Iowa.

Wait, I thought primaries weren't starting until february this time?

rich34
09-18-2011, 02:31 PM
NO, and I wouldn't mind seeing a "rouge" group of Ron Paul supporters fire up the 5th of November! I could see that day having a foreshock of a million bucks leading up to the 11th..

afwjam
09-18-2011, 02:36 PM
no

ItsTime
09-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Over 900 rsvps for the Black This Out and we have not even started to get warmed up yet!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=181997088537471