PDA

View Full Version : US drone strikes increasing in Yemen and Somalia with nothing more than executive OK

Anti Federalist
09-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Somalia...so what is that now...seven wars?

U.S. increases Yemen drone strikes

Karen DeYoung
Washington Post
Sept 17, 2011

http://www.infowars.com/u-s-increases-yemen-drone-strikes/

The Obama administration has significantly increased the frequency of drone strikes and other air attacks against the al-Qaeda affiliate in Yemen in recent months amid rising concern about political collapse there.

Some of the the strikes, carried out by the military’s Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC), have been focused in the southern part of the country, where insurgent forces have for the first time conquered and held territory as the Yemeni government continues to struggle against escalating opposition to President Ali Abdullah Saleh’s 33-year rule.

Unlike in Pakistan, where the CIA has presidential authorization to launch drone strikes at will, each U.S. attack in Yemen — and those being conducted in nearby Somalia, most recently on Thursday near the southern port city of Kismayo — requires White House approval, senior administration officials said.

Brooklyn Red Leg
09-18-2011, 12:32 PM
:sigh:

Ya know, I have to wonder how it is the media can live with themselves.

Brian4Liberty
09-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Before WWII started, Germany was dropping bombs on other countries to help them with their "insurgents". Guernica comes to mind.

http://www.pbs.org/treasuresoftheworld/guernica/glevel_1/1_bombing.html

Golding
09-18-2011, 01:00 PM
People don't seem to care how many wars the US is involved in, as long as it's under the name "NATO" or "United Nations". It's not bombing brown people that disgusted the so-called anti-war. It's that Bush wasn't shrouding himself enough while doing so.

james1906
09-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Hey, football is on!

Anti Federalist
09-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Before WWII started, Germany was dropping bombs on other countries to help them with their "insurgents". Guernica comes to mind.

http://www.pbs.org/treasuresoftheworld/guernica/glevel_1/1_bombing.html

Great point, +rep

heavenlyboy34
09-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Murder is the regime's business, and business is good. :( :mad:

BlackTerrel
09-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Thanks for posting this. Most people I talk to don't know or care that this is even going on.

HOLLYWOOD
09-18-2011, 04:01 PM
SO I presume this is all Classified on the Costs to the Taxpayers?

It needs to be explained, we're cutting off your Food-stamps, 4H housing, welfare, whatever, to spend Billions on bombing and killing overseas. If the borrowing for War or Welfare continues... it's the hidden tax of inflation on all of us. Now go buy that $5 gallon gas and $4 for bag of potato chips.

Anti Federalist
09-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks for posting this. Most people I talk to don't know or care that this is even going on.

You're welcome and that's a damn shame, but what I run into quite a bit as well.

MRK
09-19-2011, 01:49 AM
Still six by my count: Somalia, Yemen, Pakistan, Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq.

puppetmaster
09-19-2011, 02:04 AM
Hey where is code pink.......? Cowards....code yellow

MRK
09-19-2011, 02:14 AM
Hey where is code pink.......? Cowards....code yellow

hahaha. i'll be using the code yellow quip in conversations with people about the expedient, hollow anti-war sentiment of the democratic party's support machine. thanks.

Czolgosz
09-19-2011, 03:03 AM
We the People need to put an end to this.

vita3
09-19-2011, 05:20 AM
This is exactly why the real culprits of 911 must be exposed.

oyarde
09-19-2011, 09:35 AM
The CIA has shop set up at the airport in Somalia .