PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't this moneybomb doing better?

tangent4ronpaul
09-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Just wondering....

It's not looking like we will break 1 Mil...

-t

bb_dg
09-17-2011, 07:17 PM
This one just hasn't been advertised as well. Also it seems you just get numbed by having a lot of money bombs. Too be honest, I wasn't going to donate either until I saw Ron's video about the money bomb.

trey4sports
09-17-2011, 07:20 PM
its nothing to do with advertising. There has been over a month of advertisement. I just don't think anyone got excited for this moneybomb.

spudea
09-17-2011, 07:23 PM
i'm perplexed as well, i've donated 5x what I did in 2007 and have turned my facebook into a Ron Paul love fest, and invited my friends to all the moneybombs. Maybe its because we're doing monthly moneybombs we can't expect really huge ones. Or maybe its because the economy is so bad, people don't feel like they can donate as much or if they are unemployed, can't donate at all. I'm one of the lucky ones, I was a student and unemployed in 2007 and put my donations on my credit card, now I have a steady job and am more comfortable donating all I can.

Reason
09-17-2011, 07:24 PM
The amount of $ I spent today attending the convention has me tapped out!

squirrelbrewer
09-17-2011, 07:25 PM
I think times are tough for people financially.

KCIndy
09-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Maybe everyone's broke?
And no, I'm not joking - I wonder how many people who donated big bucks in '08 are doing as well financially now as they were then? :(

Bruno
09-17-2011, 07:26 PM
The amount of $ I spent today attending the convention has me tapped out!

No worries, sounds like you had the time of your life! :)

JamesButabi
09-17-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm not going to poo poo at > 11,000 people shelling out > $600,000. Great success with limited promotion. Plus RevPac is bombing in 2 days. Plus theres a ton of big events simultaneously happening.

RKoho
09-17-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm tapped so I wasn't going to participate. But then Dr Paul had to go and make a video! How can I hold back now? :( My point is - a lot of us are probably tapped. And moneybombs are not as exciting as before. Too many. Plus, there's another moneybomb literally a couple days from now.

RonRules
09-17-2011, 07:28 PM
That's because not enough people have done what i just did:

Thank you!

Thank you for your generous donation!
Amount: $50.00
Transaction ID: 308770320
Transaction date/time: 2011-09-17 20:24:47

Please lets jolt this thing back in action and make it exceed $1 mil. Rick Perry will get $10 mil with a clack of his hand. Romney can just write a bigger check. That's who we have to beat.

Aratus
09-17-2011, 07:28 PM
the new straw poll results from the GOP convention in L.A might bump and boost
the 2nd moneybomb on the 19th if not this one by midnight today or tomorrow!!!

bluesc
09-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Honestly I think it was too soon, along with the difficult financial situation, and lack of excitement. Regardless, the amount we raise today is better than nothing. The black this out moneybomb is looking like it will be huge.

I think the campaign will keep the ticker up longer than intended. I predicted $800k, we look on track for that. If they keep it up for another ~16 hours, it will hit $1M.

jllundqu
09-17-2011, 07:29 PM
I REALLY hope the RevolutionPAC Superbomb (9/19) will be news-worthy. Also, I have a feeling people are keeping their powder dry for when the election season really heats up (December-ish).

Thoughts?

Feeding the Abscess
09-17-2011, 07:31 PM
The big moneybombs were in November and December last time. It's September, and this is what... the fifth moneybomb? The totals from these moneybombs would have placed respectably in single day totals from the last campaign, too.

In essence, they're pulling in money, and the big ones will come.

MelissaWV
09-17-2011, 07:33 PM
its nothing to do with advertising. There has been over a month of advertisement. I just don't think anyone got excited for this moneybomb.

I didn't see the advertising running up to this one, and it was not on the site to take advantage of the traffic spike related to the debate.

I'm not sure why so many repeat threads are popping up on this. I've posted repeatedly:

1. This was not advertised very well. I have heard many people who had forgotten or didn't know today was a MB at all.
2. It's a Saturday during NCAA football season. You might hate football, but in some cities that makes it very difficult to attract new donors.
3. People are tapped out, worn out, or maxed out.
4. Money Bombs are monthly all of a sudden. There are people still encouraging this. It's not a good idea.
5. For some reason, some people are holding onto some money for the 9/19 MB for RevPAC.
6. It is September, 2011. This early in the game we did not have this level of funding last time, nor professional ads, nor such coordination in the early states. Please have some perspective.

specsaregood
09-17-2011, 07:34 PM
I donated my budgetted amount like a week ago? when they sent out an email asking for it in order to run ads.

Arklatex
09-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Well my thoughts

1) it is successful, I remember when we were scrapping for 300K weekend fundraising goals back in 2007 which were big then
2) a lot of people have donated in all the other bombs
3) focusing on other important campaigning

today i put a sign up in a very thoughtfully obscure place that will make a lot of people say "what the heck" They'll remember that sign! A lot of fishermen/campers will see it. Also made my day when I saw a RP2012 sticker was still up at the cashier of a gas station for a month now. I highly recommend everyone buy those little rolls of 2x2 stickers and stick them everywhere, very fun putting up and when I get bored another and I hand them out at campuses. Good way to strike up convos Very encouraging results. Plus when you buy them it counts towards the donation total so today is the day for EVERYONE to buy some!

InTradePro
09-17-2011, 07:36 PM
It's doing better then I thought because the RevolutionPac moneybomb is in two days, also it's just so early and not long after the last moneybomb.

My question to the OP and others is why are you not very happy how it has done? Maybe you are having to high of an expectation?
At this point in the 2008 cycle there had not been a money bomb yet, in fact according to Wikipedia the term wasn't created until October 2007.

This is a long marathon not a sprint.

ProBlue33
09-17-2011, 07:37 PM
There were only 2 really big ones in 2007 Nov. 5/07 & Dec 16/07 and they were worth about 10M split 4/6 I think.
The true gauge will be the December one, although some people might be maxed out by then. That's why it's not good too blow it all on a few.
More might not be better as it spreads out the impact.

trey4sports
09-17-2011, 07:40 PM
I didn't see the advertising running up to this one, and it was not on the site to take advantage of the traffic spike related to the debate.

I'm not sure why so many repeat threads are popping up on this. I've posted repeatedly:

1. This was not advertised very well. I have heard many people who had forgotten or didn't know today was a MB at all.
2. It's a Saturday during NCAA football season. You might hate football, but in some cities that makes it very difficult to attract new donors.
3. People are tapped out, worn out, or maxed out.
4. Money Bombs are monthly all of a sudden. There are people still encouraging this. It's not a good idea.
5. For some reason, some people are holding onto some money for the 9/19 MB for RevPAC.
6. It is September, 2011. This early in the game we did not have this level of funding last time, nor professional ads, nor such coordination in the early states. Please have some perspective.

weve had multiple debates now and most people are plugged into politics this whole "its still too early" is getting played out. Secondly, we raised 1.75 million with only a ffew weeks notice leading up to the birthday bash. I think people keep making up excuses for our less-than-stellar fundraising because they're afraid to admit that we might not be able to raise the type of money we did last time.

MelissaWV
09-17-2011, 07:42 PM
weve had multiple debates now and most people are plugged into politics this whole "its still too early" is getting played out. Secondly, we raised 1.75 million with only a ffew weeks notice leading up to the birthday bash. I think people keep making up excuses for our less-than-stellar fundraising because they're afraid to admit that we might not be able to raise the type of money we did last time.

Last time? How much, precisely, had been raised by Ron and Ron-related PACs by this time in 2007?

madengr
09-17-2011, 07:42 PM
If you are going to donate a fixed amount, probably better to have done it earlier (as the campaign wanted) rather than now. I only coughed up $25 this time, but the first few bombs were +$100 each. I'm sure people are strapped for cash too. I can't do as much as I could the last few months, but I'll be able to again in the late fall and winter.

libertybrewcity
09-17-2011, 07:44 PM
I think the moneybomb is doing really well given the fact that we had one in July and August. People donated a lot in the post-Ames SP moneybomb (1.8 million) and so a lot don't have a whole lot to give now.

School has just started so many people have other expenses (textbooks, tuition, clothing, food) and so that takes a large chunk out of what they can give. I try to give about 50 each moneybomb, but I could only spare about 20 this time. Some will be bigger than others, some will be smaller.

I didn't have much time to promote this one. I didn't see any graphics, so 650k, 700k is an excellent amount given the amount of advertising.

Let's stay optimistic and keep the momentum going. Didn't the June or July moneybomb only pull in 600k? And the one after 1 million?

There is no downward trend. If the campaign needs money they will get it. It won't end anytime soon.

spudea
09-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Money Bombs are monthly all of a sudden. There are people still encouraging this. It's not a good idea.

monthly moneybombs inspire people to donate sooner rather than later. THIS IS A GOOD THING! And the campaign is very grateful or they wouldn't endorse the moneybombs. Sure it doesn't set records, but lets focus on the positives, we're raising several times more money for the campaign than last go round.

TheTexan
09-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Hopefully this just inspires people to step up their game for Black this Out

RonPaulFever
09-17-2011, 07:50 PM
They'll keep the ticker up until it hits a million, just like with the birthday money bomb. It may take until tomorrow, but it'll get there. That's a win in my book regardless of what previous money bombs have netted.

libertybrewcity
09-17-2011, 07:51 PM
They'll keep the ticker up until it hits a million, just like with the birthday money bomb. It may take until tomorrow, but it'll get there. That's a win in my book regardless of what previous money bombs have netted.

I have a fever...and the only prescription is more Ron Paul!

Diashi
09-17-2011, 07:52 PM

I'll second this.

libertybrewcity
09-17-2011, 07:54 PM
And you act like 650/700 is a bad thing?!!! Santorum would jump ship and promote gay marriage to have 600k in his bank account this quarter.

trey4sports
09-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Last time? How much, precisely, had been raised by Ron and Ron-related PACs by this time in 2007?

yes, well unless something changes the mantra will be, oh its only november, decemeber is too early, we're holding our powder for super tuesday.... etc etc. I keep hearing this excuse that it's too early.....bullshit. Yes, the moneybombs occured much later last time, but after having had 3 or 4 national debates and only raising $800K on our moneybomb tonight we need some serious introspection rather than making vague excuses about it being too early in the cycle.

EDIT: I'm not downing the effort. Please don't make this to be what it isn't. I'm just saying let's just be honest with ourselves.

IndianaPolitico
09-17-2011, 07:56 PM
As someone who has been trying to promote this for quite a while, I agree that for some reason people just did NOT seem to get motivated. It was very hard to try and get people to comment on social media sites, and alot of people said that they were "Waiting for the "Black out THIS!" Money bomb.

For me, a "Constitution Day" money bomb is VERY exciting... :)

speciallyblend
09-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Maybe everyone's broke?
And no, I'm not joking - I wonder how many people who donated big bucks in '08 are doing as well financially now as they were then? :(

i hate to steal this line but it's the economy stupid:) obviously not calling you stupid;)

Aratus
09-17-2011, 08:02 PM
the california straw poll rsults may be arriving in the next 30 minutes if they don't get announced sunday! winning!
ron paul is either first or second. he packed the room for his speech. the other candidates seemed less organized
however the event cost 100 bucks at the door and 90 dollars pre-paid. we may get very good news soon! winning!

MelissaWV
yes, well unless something changes the mantra will be, oh its only november, decemeber is too early, we're holding our powder for super tuesday.... etc etc. I keep hearing this excuse that it's too early.....bullshit. Yes, the moneybombs occured much later last time, but after having had 3 or 4 national debates and only raising $800K on our moneybomb tonight we need some serious introspection rather than making vague excuses about it being too early in the cycle.

EDIT: I'm not downing the effort. Please don't make this to be what it isn't. I'm just saying let's just be honest with ourselves.

And part of being honest is recognizing how things are, and why they are that way. The fact it's early on IS going to influence how we can raise money. The MB model is not going to work as well anymore. I've gone over reasons for that as well. I do think we are doing better than we did last time, and I do think the money is being spent more wisely. I don't think that "better" should be the goal, though.

speciallyblend
As someone who has been trying to promote this for quite a while, I agree that for some reason people just did NOT seem to get motivated. It was very hard to try and get people to comment on social media sites, and alot of people said that they were "Waiting for the "Black out THIS!" Money bomb.

For me, a "Constitution Day" money bomb is VERY exciting... :)

bottom line folks are living paycheck to paycheck. I work all the time yet i am one paycheck from being homeless and i haven't missed work in 20 plus yrs not one day!! times are very tough and most folks do not admit they are in trouble! no new jobs and if more folks lose their jobs. THE SHI_ WILL HIT THE FAN. The day they stop unemployment checks for millions is the day the riots start!!

RonPaulFever
09-17-2011, 08:06 PM
And you act like 650/700 is a bad thing?!!! Santorum would jump ship and promote gay marriage to have 600k in his bank account this quarter.

Indeed!

I'd like to point something out to the people who are getting discouraged and weren't around for the last campaign. Yes, the Nov. and Dec. moneybombs in '07 were HUGE successes, but the money came too late. The campaign didn't get enough money early on to build a strong organization or proper strategy, and they were scrambling to spend it. The end result was hastily made videos like "He's catching on!" and last-minute campaign offices being opened.

This time is much, much different. The campaign is getting money NOW - and a lot of it - when it is most needed. They are building a strong campaign and doing things the right way. A lot of people aren't even paying attention to the election cycle yet, and that includes Ron Paul supporters from the last go around....and yet look what has been accomplished so far. Keep your chin up because it's only going to get better. :)

devil21
09-17-2011, 08:09 PM
I just dont have any spare cash right now to donate. Im sure Im not the only one. I dont wait for moneybombs to donate anymore though.

SlowSki
09-17-2011, 08:10 PM
I donated half of what I normally do, though I'm thinking about giving another $25 later. I've already donated a few times and the last money bomb I donated twice technically since I donated that Monday as well. I spent too much money last month, so I'm trying to cut back this month. This is the most I've ever given to a campaign. I think it is a lot to ask people to donate even a couple of hundred dollars to any campaign, though I believe it is worth it. If Ron is able to jump in the polls in the next 2-3 months, I think that will help a lot. I just hope we can raise enough in the interim to get him there.

Chainspell
09-17-2011, 08:13 PM
yeah I didn't donate :( im so broke right now. I've paid for music rights to use on my videos and thats my donation. Plus I promote RP videos on youtube with adwords and adbrite so thats my donation as well. So being broke already, its a big stretch for me to donate :(

Zarn Solen
09-17-2011, 08:14 PM
This MB did better than I expected. I was thinking around $400k-$500k.

RonPaulFever
09-17-2011, 08:15 PM
yeah I didn't donate :( im so broke right now. I've paid for music rights to use on my videos and thats my donation. Plus I promote RP videos on youtube with adwords and adbrite so thats my donation as well. So being broke already, its a big stretch for me to donate :(

Google "royalty-free music" next time. Plenty of free stuff out there!

InTradePro
09-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Indeed!

I'd like to point something out to the people who are getting discouraged and weren't around for the last campaign. Yes, the Nov. and Dec. moneybombs in '07 were HUGE successes, but the money came too late. The campaign didn't get enough money early on to build a strong organization or proper strategy, and they were scrambling to spend it. The end result was hastily made videos like "He's catching on!" and last-minute campaign offices being opened.

This time is much, much different. The campaign is getting money NOW - and a lot of it - when it is most needed. They are building a strong campaign and doing things the right way. A lot of people aren't even paying attention to the election cycle yet, and that includes Ron Paul supporters from the last go around....and yet look what has been accomplished so far. Keep your chin up because it's only going to get better. :)

+1

Add to this that 4 years ago there had been no money bombs yet, so little funding and Dr Paul was not shown in any RCP polls, but when he did it was at a wooping 2%. ;)

Bottom line is the campaign is way ahead of 4 years ago and I believe a considerable way ahead of target to win. Small problem I see is RP supporters(or at least those on RPF) are uninformed, unrealistic and as a result create silly threads like this.

Paul4Prez
09-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Also, I have a feeling people are keeping their powder dry for when the election season really heats up (December-ish).

Thoughts?

December is WAY too late. November is too late. Ideally people will donate today, and before the end of the third quarter on 9/30.

CaseyJones
09-17-2011, 08:20 PM
to many chiefs not enough indians

Paul4Prez
09-17-2011, 08:21 PM

I hope they plan to keep the ticker up until the end of the month, for the end of quarter push. We need to stay in the top tier when the Q3 numbers are announced.

Oddone
09-17-2011, 08:21 PM
To many Money bombs is likely.. I will donate in all of the Money Bombs though. There was a thread earlier that had some good ideas on this subject. Plus people like to be rallied, a lot of hipe and a strong theme, such as the November 5th and Tea Party. The Last Money bomb did well due to the outrage of the treatment of Ron Paul after the AMES Straw Poll.

wongster41
09-17-2011, 08:23 PM
b/c we're broke. Well, i am anyways, but i still donated what i can.

Nate-ForLiberty
09-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Google "royalty-free music" next time. Plenty of free stuff out there!

yeah, but it's not as good.

cornell
Reason why it's "low":

Too early in the campaign season to get people excited, too many money bombs (i.e. people already donated a lot by now), people hurting economically overall. I know that I personally can't afford to donate to this one. These are tough times, I think raising $700,000 on a Saturday is respectable, especially this early in the campaign cycle. It's not enough, but it's not abysmal and is certainly very valuable to the campaign.

kojirodensetsu
I think it's because of money bomb exhaustion syndrome. When you have too many too fast I think people lose some interest in it. We've had a couple of em recently and there is even another one in a couple day.

IterTemporis
09-17-2011, 08:26 PM
To many Money bombs is likely.. I will donate in all of the Money Bombs though. There was a thread earlier that had some good ideas on this subject. Plus people like to be rallied, a lot of hipe and a strong theme, such as the November 5th and Tea Party. The Last Money bomb did well due to the outrage of the treatment of Ron Paul after the AMES Straw Poll.

Very good point. I wonder how the media will report the results of the California Straw Poll if Ron Paul wins... Perhaps the way they report it will anger people again, which, of course, only benefits Ron Paul.

RonRules
09-17-2011, 08:28 PM
$58,072 was donated during the last hour.
The total amount was $630,035 at the time when I donated an hour ago: 2011-09-17 20:24:47
Now it is $688,107

At this rate, we will be at $949,431 at MIDNIGHT Pacific time.

Please make the best effort you can to get this over ONE MILLION at Midnight today.

Thanks

Lafayette
09-17-2011, 08:30 PM
I've been out of work going on 3 month now, i donated the last two money bombs the little bit i was able.

I had to sit this one out :(

PaulConventionWV
09-17-2011, 08:30 PM

You are absolutely right that we need to be honest with ourselves. However, I really don't think anyone in their right mind would say that November or December is still too early. MelissaWV's post laid out the reasons pretty well. One thing I think has to do with the excitement and the advertisement since the two are connected. Also, unfortunately, I think many people here are disenchanted with the official campaign and have decided, for completely arbitrary reasons, to stop donating to them. The Rev Pac bomb gives them an excuse to do so. Many people are saving for the Rev Pac bomb because they think it's an official campaign thing. And still yet, the moneybomb was at least partially advertised as a "Moneybomb AND end of quarter push." Many people are holding their mone yf or the push part, rather than blowing it today. Also, the frequency of moneybombs during this election cycle has undoubtedly caused more people to max out earlier, whereas last time the majority of people hadn't maxed out yet when November 5 rolled around.

Perspective is a good thing. Don't attribute it immediately to lack of energy for the cause or for deteriorating support or less energetic support. There are many ways in which that obviously is not true. We have a much bigger base than last time.

jason43
09-17-2011, 08:31 PM
I gave $50 the night of the last debate because Santorum pissed me off and $60 today. I do think that its too many of money bombs on top of each other. I think they will kick up later in the year. Most people honestly arent even paying attention. My parents dont even know who is running aside from me talking about Paul with them. When the heat gets turned up, so will the contributions. Have faith, we have a long time left to go.

LibertyEagle
09-17-2011, 08:33 PM
the new straw poll results from the GOP convention in L.A might bump and boost
the 2nd moneybomb on the 19th if not this one by midnight today or tomorrow!!!

Yeah, but that one is to the RevPAC. The campaign badly needs the money.

These two things must not compete. The RevPac is intended for maxed out and wealthy donors.

Anti Federalist
09-17-2011, 08:34 PM
1 - I am one of those that has taken a huge cut in income from 2007, so the cash flow isn't there.

2 - Too many money bombs, for uninspired dates. Yeah, I'm talking about the 5th of November here. The whole concept of a money "bomb" has an appeal to the radical, fringe and extreme elements of the RP movement, like myself. My Pretty Pony and Cuddly Kitten money bombs are not going to attract much interest, especially from cranks like me. Go mainstream all you want, if that what it takes to "win", I suppose. But I think you can forget the idea of money bombs being part of that strategy.

3 - Too early in the process.

LibertyEagle
09-17-2011, 08:37 PM
You are absolutely right that we need to be honest with ourselves. However, I really don't think anyone in their right mind would say that November or December is still too early. MelissaWV's post laid out the reasons pretty well. One thing I think has to do with the excitement and the advertisement since the two are connected. Also, unfortunately, I think many people here are disenchanted with the official campaign and have decided, for completely arbitrary reasons, to stop donating to them. The Rev Pac bomb gives them an excuse to do so. Many people are saving for the Rev Pac bomb because they think it's an official campaign thing. And still yet, the moneybomb was at least partially advertised as a "Moneybomb AND end of quarter push." Many people are holding their mone yf or the push part, rather than blowing it today. Also, the frequency of moneybombs during this election cycle has undoubtedly caused more people to max out earlier, whereas last time the majority of people hadn't maxed out yet when November 5 rolled around.

Perspective is a good thing. Don't attribute it immediately to lack of energy for the cause or for deteriorating support or less energetic support. There are many ways in which that obviously is not true. We have a much bigger base than last time.

I don't get it. How can people be disenchanted with the campaign? They've been doing great, in my opinion. What is it that people expect them to be doing? They need to open more offices and they need to be running more ads, but those things take money. It also costs a ton of money for Ron to travel around like he needs to be doing.

If people put donating to the RevPac over the campaign, we might as well hang it all up.

Brett85
09-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Why are the money bombs now on Weekends? Wouldn't a money bomb on a weekday get more media coverage and bring in more money? Weren't the huge money bombs in 2007 done on weekdays?

Anti Federalist
09-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Why are the money bombs now on Weekends? Wouldn't a money bomb on a weekday get more media coverage and bring in more money? Weren't the huge money bombs in 2007 done on weekdays?

The 6 million dollar plus Tea Party bomb was on Sunday.

Biggest one day ever.

This was another argument I had about not having something on Independence day, and was shouted down by how nothing would work on a holiday or weekend.

RonRules
09-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Please think positive thoughts!

I remember back in 2007 when we had the first money bomb and exceeded $1,000,000. The main stream media had no choice but to cover the event. Other candidates were furious and trying to discredit Ron.

Now as a matter of course, we get multiple MB's over a MILLION. Rejoice and please donate!

Call your friends and family. We can make this one go over a Million.

We can do this by MIDNIGHT Pacific time. We can also let this go on to include Hawaii time and have a nice further success for breakfast tomorrow morning.

patriot2008
09-17-2011, 09:03 PM
It will go over! Don't forget us on the West Coast, we are just getting home and pulling out our cards. Don't count out even more help from California, with good news all around and Ron there. I think we all will get it cruising over 1 mill, if not so what? I'm giving what I can now, but I will be able to still give more later, especially in Nov-Dec. The Nov 5th one will thrill me, and I don't even care if it don't break records. We are doing Grrreat!

Did you see that vid of Ron entering the convention today? Go watch it you'll feel a lot better!!!

LibertyEagle
09-17-2011, 09:05 PM
:) You guys rocked it in California today!

R3volutionJedi
09-17-2011, 09:09 PM
REVOLUTION MONEYBOMB SEPTEMBER 19.......maybe........just a thought

Aratus
09-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Yep, they all sure did, Liberty Eagle!!!!
Doctor Ron Paul had a nice glimpse this
very morning of what it must have been
like to be Barry Goldwater up in frisco's
COW PALACE in 1964! you have to add
mitt's + michele's + both rick's votes all
together to get close to what Dr. RON did!

RonRules
09-17-2011, 09:12 PM
$731K and four more hours to go for California!

Where is the real-time graph? I want to see that California bump!

FSP-Rebel
09-17-2011, 09:13 PM
:) You guys rocked it in California today!
Yup and if you have some more ammo, we need yall!

jkr
09-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Dear Jason,

Thank you for your generous donation to the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee. Your contribution to Ron will help fuel the fight to return this country to the principles that made it great.

Here are your transaction details:
Donation amount: $20.12
Transaction date/time: 2011-09-17 15:59:28
Transaction ID: 308737521

Thank you,
Ron Paul 2012 PCC

reduen
09-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Those who think that raising 3/4 of a million dollars in one day is not a success are beyond me…. Times are tough and I think that this money bomb has been yet another huge success! We got nearly 13,000 people to give to Dr. Paul again. Great job everyone! Thank you…

trey4sports
09-17-2011, 09:21 PM

I'm out of +rep but that is a great perspective.

trey4sports
09-17-2011, 09:26 PM
P.S. i think the campaign will hire a fundraising team in the next couple days to call the phone lists and ask for money to end the quarter on just like last end-of-quarter push.

On top of this, we have a lot of excitement for Black This Out AND we have a High-Rollers moneybomb tommorow!

i guess, life could be a lot worse :)

BUSHLIED
09-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Ron has to exceed his Q2 totals..that is a must. Does anyone have a rough estimate of what was raised q3 so far including today's 800k or so...?

TruckinMike
09-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Why isn't this moneybomb doing better?

Money bomb fatigue. (non-financial)

TMike

Kimmie
09-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Although I contributed $50 today but I agree with some comments that it is really too soon after the last moneybomb, less than a month ago. i hope we make it to the million mark or above nonetheless. I just hope that it won't reflect badly on the campaign.

scrosnoe
09-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Just a couple of thoughts to add here -- this is truly grassroots and truly spectacular. A couple of hours ago, I calculated average donation per contributor and it was over $50/person on this moneybomb. It takes over a bunch of people to raise money that way. People who give money are going to vote. Voters who are committed win elections.

For those of you who expressed regrets about not being able to give money, I want you to know that your time is valuable. Everything you do for the campaign counts as a donation in many ways. It is also something the official campaign does not have to spend money to do. So if we do the things that effectively support them and vice versa without violating any rules, then that is a win/win too!

Be encouraged and keep up the good work. If we are able to keep expanding our base and bring in new contributors, then we can sustain more frequent money bombs and ever expanding local efforts as well. Be sure to support those who are working in your local area as well and do not let people burn out. Take care of the needs of the group and keep winning hearts and minds for life and liberty!

davidt!
09-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Personally I didn't think this one was going to go over 500k because we just had a successful moneybomb a few weeks ago so I think it is going pretty darn good.

Jingles
09-17-2011, 09:55 PM
I had like $0.87 in my bank account so I donated that. I'm broke at the moment =[ I have like $20 to last me until next week when I get more money. Thank god I have food.

Yeah, like a lot of people are saying... People are more broke now. Back in like 2009/early 2010 I was able to shell out like $100s constantly to Rand's campaign, Peter Schiff's, Adam Kokesh's, etc... But now I don't have a job, back in school, and don't have any money.

TER
09-17-2011, 10:19 PM

I'll second this.

For sure, people do not have the money they had last go around. Quarterly taxes were due this week and people just wrote some painful checks. There are those who are also waiting for RevPac and for the Media Blackout Money Bomb.

But because of this, we know Ron Paul is winning.

Look how many people donated in the Constitution Money Bomb. Who else is getting support like that to celebrate Constitution Day?

This money bomb proves that the grassroots run DEEP and this movement has become now impossible to stop.

What an awesome day!

NewRightLibertarian
09-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Money well spent!

Amount: $20.12
Transaction ID: 308777316
Transaction date/time: 2011-09-17 23:23:59

davidt!
09-17-2011, 10:47 PM

Amount: $100.00
Transaction ID: 308776934
Transaction date/time: 2011-09-17 23:07:16

JaynLouv
09-17-2011, 10:53 PM
I think a lot of people are just tapped. I know I am. While I did donate, it was nearly what I've donated before. I just didn't have the extra send this time around.

RonRules
09-17-2011, 11:01 PM
$802,060 at 10:00 PM Pacific time.

We can bring this to a Million by Midnight!

RonRules
09-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Personally I didn't think this one was going to go over 500k because we just had a successful moneybomb a few weeks ago so I think it is going pretty darn good.

Have a look at this: http://www.ronpaul2012.com/

$803,804

TER
09-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Bump for all the west coast patriots!

pacelli
09-17-2011, 11:18 PM
I think a lot of people are just tapped. I know I am. While I did donate, it was nearly what I've donated before. I just didn't have the extra send this time around.

Maxed out here. Ron needs to attract new donors to the campaign. Nice to hear he is accepting debate preparations from Doug Wead-- this will help a great deal.

And by the way, no need to worry. Ron is a frontrunner. He will attract new donors by the very nature of the message itself.... it is just the delivery that needs a little massaging. Everything will be ok. Ron is on the path to the nomination, media blackout or not.

MadOdorMachine
09-17-2011, 11:24 PM
The reason the money bombs aren't doing as well are two fold. One, Ron Paul hasn't hit any home runs in the debates. There are a lot of reasons for this, but it doesn't help that everyone is copying him. Ultimately he has to be the one to call people out and be brutally brunt. I realise this isn't his style, but it's do or die. Ron Paul needs to realize the urgency of him getting elected. I honestly don't believe any of the other candidates will repeal Obama Care and he has the most knowledge about the economy. He needs to focus on the importance of these two issues. The man is a doctor, an Austrian free market economist and a former Air Force Officer. These should all be no brainers for him, but he has failed to deliver because others are copying him, thus degrading his ability to stand out from the crowd. I hate to say it, but he does look like the crazy uncle a lot of times right now. He really needs to have some key points that he says no matter what each time he's asked a question. I think it would help if he always threw in something about the economy no matter what question he's asked.

The other problem is simply the grassroots. We aren't being aggressive enough and quite frankly I don't think you'll supporters coming out of the woodworks to donate their money until RP addresses my first point. Somehow, he has to figure out what's wrong. It's like he expects people to know his stance on issues since he ran in 2007. People who saw then might know who he is, but for most, they have no clue. He needs to talk like people are hearing him for the first time. I'm digressing though. We need to have viral marketing to go out on the internet. The "V for Vendetta" video was great last time, but we've had nothing of the sort this time.

sailingaway
09-17-2011, 11:27 PM
To the OP I don't think the 'superpac' setting its moneybomb for two days after Ron's kick off money bomb and in the middle of his end of quarter push helped. They are advertising THAT as the big one and NOT saying for those who maxxed out already. I think people who don't monitor it may be confused. Meanwhile Ron needs the money for his end of quarter numbers.

ChrisDiamond
09-17-2011, 11:28 PM
Third Donation today. I think I've maxed now, or am damn close to it.

Thank you!

Amount: $100.00
Transaction ID: 308778565
Transaction date/time: 2011-09-18 00:27:59

qwerty
09-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Just wondering....

It's not looking like we will break 1 Mil...

-t

We havenīt promoted it well enoug and the NAYSAYERS will destroy every activism....

Karsten
09-17-2011, 11:30 PM
What is the average donation amount this time vs. Tea Party and 5th of November? I think back then, there was a lot of emphasis on donating "$100". I think the 5th of november website said what if 100,000 people donate 100 dollars on one day. Now people are just donating smaller amounts. That's just my hypothesis.

pacelli
09-17-2011, 11:34 PM
We havenīt promoted it well enoug and the NAYSAYERS will destroy every activism....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we have a month to promote this? How much time do we need?

Karsten
09-17-2011, 11:36 PM
The reason the money bombs aren't doing as well are two fold. One, Ron Paul hasn't hit any home runs in the debates. There are a lot of reasons for this, but it doesn't help that everyone is copying him. Ultimately he has to be the one to call people out and be brutally brunt. I realise this isn't his style, but it's do or die. Ron Paul needs to realize the urgency of him getting elected. I honestly don't believe any of the other candidates will repeal Obama Care and he has the most knowledge about the economy. He needs to focus on the importance of these two issues. The man is a doctor, an Austrian free market economist and a former Air Force Officer. These should all be no brainers for him, but he has failed to deliver because others are copying him, thus degrading his ability to stand out from the crowd. I hate to say it, but he does look like the crazy uncle a lot of times right now. He really needs to have some key points that he says no matter what each time he's asked a question. I think it would help if he always threw in something about the economy no matter what question he's asked.

The other problem is simply the grassroots. We aren't being aggressive enough and quite frankly I don't think you'll supporters coming out of the woodworks to donate their money until RP addresses my first point. Somehow, he has to figure out what's wrong. It's like he expects people to know his stance on issues since he ran in 2007. People who saw then might know who he is, but for most, they have no clue. He needs to talk like people are hearing him for the first time. I'm digressing though. We need to have viral marketing to go out on the internet. The "V for Vendetta" video was great last time, but we've had nothing of the sort this time.
I don't know what you're talking about regarding the debates. I've watched every single debate from 2007 until now and Ron Paul has been saying the exact same things. The problem is that he is getting very LITTLE TIME in the debates to talk, and the time he does get to talk, he's not asked any real questions!

Karsten
09-17-2011, 11:38 PM
To the OP I don't think the 'superpac' setting its moneybomb for two days after Ron's kick off money bomb and in the middle of his end of quarter push helped. They are advertising THAT as the big one and NOT saying for those who maxxed out already. I think people who don't monitor it may be confused. Meanwhile Ron needs the money for his end of quarter numbers.

Now's not the time to put a damper on the Revolution PAC. To be perfectly honest, I trust the campaign to do what they think is best, but I trust Woods and those guys at Revolution PAC a lot more and I think they are more in touch with the grassroots and know how to promote him in an edgy and substantive way.

qwerty
09-17-2011, 11:38 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we have a month to promote this? How much time do we need?

People didnīt do the job. I donīt know how much we need, why you ask me ?

But naysayers could shut up and let people do what they want to promote these MBīs!

XTreat
09-17-2011, 11:49 PM

lulz

TheViper
09-17-2011, 11:53 PM
People, we need to stop comparing these money bombs to the big money bombs of late 2007. November and December are different political animals compared to September.

justatrey
09-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Didn't Paul get at least 1 million total votes in the 08 primaries?

Now we all know that his base of supporters has grown, so I'd assume he has at least a couple million supporters. Probably more, but lets just say its 2 million.

Of those 2 million, less than 15,000 have donated for the money bomb. This is much less 1%, and I have a feeling 2 million is a low estimate? If everyone gave just $5, we'd have ourselves a massive $10,000,000. I know some people are literally broke, but the overwhelming majority of Americans have $5 or more to spare, right?

:confused:

Chainspell
09-18-2011, 12:03 AM
People didnīt do the job. I donīt know how much we need, why you ask me ?

But naysayers could shut up and let people do what they want to promote these MBīs!

yeah let's just let you trample on other people's rights in the name of Ron Paul, lets do that! let's hear some more of your great ideas that actually shows what this movement is all about! let's go with your idea and copy videos and upload them on youtube 5 thousand times so we can get some attention! let's do that to promote the money bomb!

forget the fact the the word money bomb already appears on all ron paul videos and tons of people commenting on even non-RP videos. let's waste our time doing ineffective things.

there's a reason why you had to bump your idea 5 times before you had 2 people discussing it and then saying that it was a bad idea. let's just not use our head and blame other people because we can't understand and accept when our thoughts have gone off the deep end.

but I admire your enthusiasm and your willingness to do whatever it takes. Just be mindful of other people. Spam and words in big bold characters isn't the only way to get more attention.

TER
09-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Didn't Paul get at least 1 million total votes in the 08 primaries?

Now we all know that his base of supporters has grown, so I'd assume he has at least a couple million supporters. Probably more, but lets just say its 2 million.

Of those 2 million, less than 15,000 have donated for the money bomb. This is much less 1%, and I have a feeling 2 million is a low estimate? If everyone gave just $5, we'd have ourselves a massive $10,000,000. I know some people are literally broke, but the overwhelming majority of Americans have $5 or more to spare, right?

:confused:

Aside from the already stated fact that the economy is worse now and people simply do not have the resources to donate as much, back in 08 every money bomb was the last potential money bomb. Now, we have a money bomb almost every month, even as 2 more major ones are planned within a few weeks. People are pacing themselves. The good news is that the base is there and growing. The numbers are growing, and when the election heats up and the money bombs become even more significant, I think we will see numbers that will leave the last election in the dust.

justatrey
09-18-2011, 12:20 AM
I just don't understand why we can only get 15,000 to donate when we have millions of supporters. The size of donations isn't as important as the # of donations.

I almost had to beg my coworker to get him to give $5 or $10, and I know for a fact that he makes a good $80k/year +. Hell, he spends like $10 on lunch every day. We spend more than $5 routinely on 2 gallons of gas. I would think 90% of supporters have $5 to spare, or they'd all be dropping dead left and right from starvation.

Sorry if I'm whining. I'm just really trying to understand what we're doing wrong. If we can get just 100,000 (which is still a very small % of supporters) we'd have massive money bombs.

kylejack
09-18-2011, 12:20 AM
$800K is nothing to sneeze at. We're doing great, keep it up.

DeadheadForPaul
09-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Honestly we just have too many moneybombs.

Additionally, this one wasn't very well advertised. I'm on here all the time and I forgot about it until a few days ago

Crickett
09-18-2011, 12:32 AM
I'm not going to poo poo at > 11,000 people shelling out > $600,000. Great success with limited promotion. Plus RevPac is bombing in 2 days. Plus theres a ton of big events simultaneously happening.
Me either. These bombs cost nothing and raise tons of money. We are doing FINE, and all the foreigners can donate to the PAC. We should get individual donors from all over the world!

devil21
09-18-2011, 12:38 AM
They all can't be millions. I do think some of the older 2007/08 participants are jaded. How can you feel satisfied when you've seen a $6 million day? It'll work itself out. It's not like Paul supporters switch to Romney and donate to him.

truthsaga
09-18-2011, 12:43 AM
I drove from San Jose for LPAC and tapped me to a smaller contribution this moneybomb, plus I have Revolution PAC in the back of my head. Will donate another 20 before I tap out.

Paul4Prez
09-18-2011, 12:55 AM
800K+ is nothing to sneeze at. Ready Ames Fire was a modest total too, but the birthday bomb did very well the next month. Maybe the October bomb will show we still have it. Of course, donating before 9/30 would be better....

Cabal
09-18-2011, 01:01 AM
Unfortunately RP supporters aren't the Fed, so we can't just print money to donate constantly. We generated a pretty good amount here--nothing to be ashamed of, and there's more where it came from. This is a win in my book.

TheTexan
09-18-2011, 01:14 AM
Honestly we just have too many moneybombs.

Additionally, this one wasn't very well advertised. I'm on here all the time and I forgot about it until a few days ago

About three weeks ago I was looking for a money bomb to donate to and couldn't find one. Took quite a bit of digging, in fact thats how I joined this forum in the first place.

Fortunately googling "ron paul moneybomb" takes you to the right spot now, but 3 weeks ago it was all garbage. SEO please :rolleyes:

TexMac
09-18-2011, 01:19 AM
We need a clear page for pledges. This moneybomb had pages all over the place and 2 FB pages as well. That's confusing to people and it doesn't have the impact of a pledge counter.

Ex Post Facto
09-18-2011, 01:23 AM
I'm broke. In 2008 I was chalk full of cash. Today, I am jobless, and my saving is drained. Yay freedom in the land of poor, low paying jobs and increasingly rising prices. Yay free markets. Yay rich tilting laws in their favor destroying the middle class. Yay corruption in Washington. The only way I manage to get by is through government handouts something most Ron Paul supporters would stone me for. So stone me unless you want to be charitable. Didn't think so. Charity is easier said then done when many of us have nothing left to give. So Ron Paul gets no money from me this year. Wish things were different.

Monique
09-18-2011, 02:09 AM
Unless I am seriously mistaken, the average amount donated today was about the same as the one where we got $6 million dollars. The difference is the number of people that donate. On this site all I see are that people are split all over the place working on different things. We only had one money bomb at a time last time and had no plans for future ones, so we ALL worked together on each one.

This time, I see people saying they are working on this money bomb or that one...For this one, people made suggestions and were told to get lost. I know. I was one of those people, so...I got lost. So did a lot of others.

For a long time, this moneybomb was promoted as an end of quarter push and the date on facebook was 2 weeks long. People had no idea what day they were supposed to donate.

It isn't about the economy. It is about organization, and help. I don't know if traffic is down on this site, but it sure feels like it. I remember when threads were gone off the front page in a matter of seconds. I also see people talking about food recipes on the chat room rather than doing anything to help Ron. Not making any judgments, but it seems to me that is taking focus from the hard work.

I think we need to really work together to make the Black this Out moneybomb THE BIG ONE. We need one million people to donate, not 10,000. We need to ALL work on that moneybomb and that one only. If others are working on one in November, then we won't be able to do what needs to be done.

We need thread after thread about how to get more people to pledge to donate. We need to have folks share ideas about where they are posting this moneybomb and how effective their strategy is. When I work 9 hours straight and send out as many messages as I can on Facebook, I see around 60 or so click attend each day. When I take a day off, I see two or three added to the total.

However, I can't do this alone. One person getting 60 people a day is not very effective. One thousand people getting 60 people a day is. How about we just try to get one hundred people all working to get 60 people a day to join up?

If we don't get Ron a ton of money and very soon, he might be out of funds and the race by November. If we can really work hard to make a difference on the BTO bomb, we might get others to join in the help.

And one last thing...I know I will get blasted to hell for this...but this forum needs focus. I have seen so many people run off of this place because of the things in Hot Topics, or things that get sent to Hot topics. We need to be attracting people to this site so we can get workers. And the bashing each other, or anything, or any group has to stop. We are being destroyed by it. I don't like to be here because people seem like it is ok to attack people and they love to attack me for saying what needs to be said. Well, I am human and I don't like to sit here with my heart pounding, filled with feelings of dread. Being told I should just leave if I don't like the way it is. If we can't speak up and say what needs to be said, we have no chance.

Monique
09-18-2011, 02:16 AM
P.S. We will never do very well if people are satisfied with 800k. We need to be PISSED about that! We need to get passionate and DO SOMETHING!!! 800k? That is what someone like Huckabee draws in Not RON PAUL!! WE don't accept piddling little figures like that!! We get mad and we get to work!!!! Forget that!! Let's all work TOGETHER on one money bomb and one only!!! Black This Out...October 19th! If you are broke this year, then just work harder to find more friends to donate. And you need to be very scared, because Ron can't possibly win unless we get him a lot more money.

CaptainAmerica
09-18-2011, 02:19 AM
1.advertising
2.unemployment rate is worse compared to 2007's campaign
3.people spent a lot on vacation and back to school materials or school tuitions
4.moneybombs are more frequent than they were in 2007

angelatc
09-18-2011, 02:21 AM
If people put donating to the RevPac over the campaign, we might as well hang it all up. I don't disagree. But while I don't think that will happen, if it does - it means there's a problem with the campaign. But they are doing all the things we wanted them to do last time, and the Iowa finish shows that it's working.

Half of me wants to say that I think the money bombs are turning out to be a bad idea for the campaign. The grassroots did them better with them when the donors were motivated by something in the news cycle. But the other half of me sees them raising a lot of money today, which certainly doesn't seem to support that assessment.

Cabal
09-18-2011, 02:24 AM
I think the major difference is spontaneous, unplanned moneybombs vs. month-to-month planned in advance moneybombs. There's also the inclusion of the SuperPAC moneybombs to consider. And like it or not, we've been dealing with another 4 years of recession since the last campaign which certainly doesn't help many of us.

In any case, I think the lack of spontaneity may potentially take away from some of the effectiveness. I could be wrong, but there seems to be a greater sense of urgency and motivation when the moneybombs are just out of the blue. Everyone's efforts are all concentrated in a very short window of time, instead of being spread thin almost a month in advance--urgency declines, people forget, procrastination, etc. In theory more time should mean more donations, but is this the case?

How many total donators were that for a moneybomb from a previous campaign in comparison to this one?

anaconda
09-18-2011, 02:24 AM
Imagine if the 500,000 Facebook likes each gave $10 per month...

angelatc
09-18-2011, 02:25 AM
Me either. These bombs cost nothing and raise tons of money. We are doing FINE, and all the foreigners can donate to the PAC. We should get individual donors from all over the world!

No, foreigners cannot donate to the PAC.

Cabal
09-18-2011, 02:29 AM
I suppose the main question we need to answer is do we prefer less frequent 'burst' moneybombs, or more frequent sustained moneybombs. And more importantly, aside from potential media recognition, does choosing one method or the other affect the bottom line, or does the net income remain fairly identical?

Jake Ralston
09-18-2011, 02:34 AM
I'm sorry but a measley 15,000 donators is pathetic. I'm still pissed about that right now.

Guess it brings about the age-old question, do Americans deserve Ron Paul?

leonster
09-18-2011, 02:48 AM
Can't really afford it at the moment. Will be saving up for the Black This Out moneybomb next month--*that* topic gets me fired up. ;)

I think (as someone said before) the "Man vs. Washington Machine" theme gets the money flowing better than more positive topics do, in general. In 2007 our two big moneybombs were both obviously on that theme--Nov. 5th (V for Vendetta) and Tea Party (a band of rogues defying the British superpower).

Monique
09-18-2011, 03:01 AM
Do we? If all we are doing is infighting and refusing to work together do WE deserve Ron Paul.

People seem to think this is all a joke and that this is a free speech zone where they can badmouth people's religion, and post disgusting pictures of corndogs and nothing matters. I am pissed right now. Really pissed. Where is the passion for WORKING for Ron Paul? Moneybombs don't happen by themselves. They take ALL of us doing something to promote the SAME ONE!

I agree with Liberty Eagle, in that I don't know how many newcomers have been driven out of here forever after reading hot topics. What is the point of that section anyway? I thought we were here to get Ron Paul elected. If anyone can tell me that posting nasty pictures or discussing vile things gets Ron votes, I will eat my hat. But I will bet you anything that for any one possible vote that is gained by saying horrible things about other candidate's supporters, you lose 100 votes for Ron.

I also don't think that anyone should share their opinion about anything on this site. What if your opinion offends someone? Is that worth it? What is the point of this site anyway? Is it to get Ron Paul elected, or to have a place where a bunch of kids who are made brave by being behind keyboards can say whatever it is that fills their brain?

We used to say that Ron Paul cured our apathy. It seems that cure stopped working a long time ago, because I see nothing but.

I suggest that hot topics be eliminated. I suggest that any time anyone says something cruel to someone they get suspended, if they do it twice, they get banned. I suggest that anyone who says anything racist gets banned. I suggest that we refocus this site to be all about electing Ron Paul and nothing else. I suggest that we all respect one another. I suggest that we get rid of the chat room for now as it seems to draw focus away from the real work. I suggest that we all work together on a projects that help ron.

I suggest that first and foremost we make this a place where people can come to learn about Ron Paul and be respected if they have differing views. That we make this a welcome and caring place where we are tolerant and teaching. Where we attract rather than try to demand that people feel the same way we do. I suggest most importantly, that we realize that we need the votes of millions of people to get Ron elected and that means people who currently are statists, and Obama supporters, and Perry supporters, and all religions, and all races, and from the north and the south, and from people who think all sorts of things about all sorts of things.

That's my opinion.

TheTexan
09-18-2011, 03:01 AM
This money bomb was a success, by any standard of measure, but c'mon, let's make the next one HUGE! :D

nc4rp
09-18-2011, 03:48 AM
yea people are just broke. we made enough to fuel Ron until the next one.

Chainspell
09-18-2011, 04:01 AM
Do we? If all we are doing is infighting and refusing to work together do WE deserve Ron Paul.

People seem to think this is all a joke and that this is a free speech zone where they can badmouth people's religion, and post disgusting pictures of corndogs and nothing matters. I am pissed right now. Really pissed. Where is the passion for WORKING for Ron Paul? Moneybombs don't happen by themselves. They take ALL of us doing something to promote the SAME ONE!

I agree with Liberty Eagle, in that I don't know how many newcomers have been driven out of here forever after reading hot topics. What is the point of that section anyway? I thought we were here to get Ron Paul elected. If anyone can tell me that posting nasty pictures or discussing vile things gets Ron votes, I will eat my hat. But I will bet you anything that for any one possible vote that is gained by saying horrible things about other candidate's supporters, you lose 100 votes for Ron.

I also don't think that anyone should share their opinion about anything on this site. What if your opinion offends someone? Is that worth it? What is the point of this site anyway? Is it to get Ron Paul elected, or to have a place where a bunch of kids who are made brave by being behind keyboards can say whatever it is that fills their brain?

We used to say that Ron Paul cured our apathy. It seems that cure stopped working a long time ago, because I see nothing but.

I suggest that hot topics be eliminated. I suggest that any time anyone says something cruel to someone they get suspended, if they do it twice, they get banned. I suggest that anyone who says anything racist gets banned. I suggest that we refocus this site to be all about electing Ron Paul and nothing else. I suggest that we all respect one another. I suggest that we get rid of the chat room for now as it seems to draw focus away from the real work. I suggest that we all work together on a projects that help ron.

I suggest that first and foremost we make this a place where people can come to learn about Ron Paul and be respected if they have differing views. That we make this a welcome and caring place where we are tolerant and teaching. Where we attract rather than try to demand that people feel the same way we do. I suggest most importantly, that we realize that we need the votes of millions of people to get Ron elected and that means people who currently are statists, and Obama supporters, and Perry supporters, and all religions, and all races, and from the north and the south, and from people who think all sorts of things about all sorts of things.

That's my opinion.
uhm wow what the hell is going on here? did I miss something? The forum seems fine to me, and the chatroom is a different experience than the forum but what's in there is normal chatroom stuff. Why are you pissed anyhow? your message was so spread out into so many places that it was hard to digest and understand what your real concerns are. Tell us what's the matter? what really is your problem?

in response to everything you said tho. My opinion is that this is what happens when you become popular. We are drawing in so many people with different backgrounds and beliefs. We are getting popular and that's a good thing. We have people who are committed and some semi-committed and some who only care about themselves. Let the forums work itself out just like the free markets that Ron Paul talks about. Let the bad threads just get ignored and let the bad comments or commenters be shunned if they are bad. It's a public forum just like any other forum out there.

Now if you're suggesting that a special, exclusive and by invitation only forum exist for organizing events, well that's on this forum as well. its just under a different forum number. But if you're suggesting that we start tightening up this forum completely to make it an orderly forum then how does it help our cause by being non-inclusive? You don't have to like everything you read here. And that's the reality of forums becoming more popular--the lesser the people the easier and more orderly it is, the more people there are the more cluttered it becomes. This is just normal.

anyways I've run plenty of forums, and this one is pretty much doing more than fine. One thing I can say about this forum tho. I've never seen a forum so engaged in the giving of +reps as in here. And people in here are quick to remember if you posted something good or something interesting, even if it is a difference in opionion.

forced regulation isn't the only way, we heard this from Ron Paul many many times. Setting a good example for other members, and bringing up concerns like you just have. So that other members are aware that they are getting too out of hand, is a better way, a much free'er way rather than closing the doors. The stickied thread on the top "be nice to new members" is a pro-active way by admins at combating the unruly normal-forum crowd.

mhad
09-18-2011, 04:29 AM
I wish you would all stop whining it has raised almost 1M it is good.

Chainspell
09-18-2011, 04:38 AM
I wish you would all stop whining it has raised almost 1M it is good.

and dont forget theres the RevPac on Monday!!! no donation limits!

LibertyEagle
09-18-2011, 04:43 AM
P.S. We will never do very well if people are satisfied with 800k. We need to be PISSED about that! We need to get passionate and DO SOMETHING!!! 800k? That is what someone like Huckabee draws in Not RON PAUL!! WE don't accept piddling little figures like that!! We get mad and we get to work!!!! Forget that!! Let's all work TOGETHER on one money bomb and one only!!! Black This Out...October 19th! If you are broke this year, then just work harder to find more friends to donate. And you need to be very scared, because Ron can't possibly win unless we get him a lot more money.

I agree. If I recall correctly, the Tea Party moneybomb in the last election had around 67K donors. Successfully advertising these events takes a lot of work by a lot of people. We need some passionate YouTubes like we had before. We need banners. We need people telling everyone they know; not only on the internet, but in real life. We have to build the excitement. The Black this Out moneybomb is right around the corner and we can make it the best one yet. But, to do that, we're all going to need to pitch in to spread the word.

Dr. Paul is counting on us.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-18-2011, 04:46 AM
A lot of Ron Paul supporters are young. The youth in this country are one of the most unemployed segments of society. I think it goes without saying that the fortunes of the movement are not as swollen as they were in 2007 (inflation, unemployment, etc.) & the money bombs this time are far more frequent. Is our goal to get Ron money faster this time, or just one large bomb every quarter? Not to mention a lot of people helped Rand, Adam, BJ, local liberty candidates, etc. so it isn't like we had years to save without any other expenditure. Not sure how many institutions people here donate to, but that can eat away at extra savings too (FEE, FFF, Mises Inst., Independent Institute, Antiwar.com, etc.).

Cabal
09-18-2011, 05:13 AM
I agree. If I recall correctly, the Tea Party moneybomb in the last election had around 67K donors.

That's the issue then. The number of donors for this moneybomb was pretty low, even if we did get a good amount of net dollar donated. 15k people is surely only a fraction of how many people support RP, so why is the number of donors so low? Even people who are low on cash would probably be inclined to throw in a few bucks here and there--so either the message isn't getting out, people aren't being reminded enough, or there's a lack of motivation and/or sense of urgency.

What can we do about this for future bombs?

...Aside from posting rants about censoring forums and such.

speciallyblend
09-18-2011, 05:36 AM
I'm broke. In 2008 I was chalk full of cash. Today, I am jobless, and my saving is drained. Yay freedom in the land of poor, low paying jobs and increasingly rising prices. Yay free markets. Yay rich tilting laws in their favor destroying the middle class. Yay corruption in Washington. The only way I manage to get by is through government handouts something most Ron Paul supporters would stone me for. So stone me unless you want to be charitable. Didn't think so. Charity is easier said then done when many of us have nothing left to give. So Ron Paul gets no money from me this year. Wish things were different.

i hear, i have lost everything and really one paycheck from having to live with my parents. I am almost to the point of f it all!!

speciallyblend
09-18-2011, 05:37 AM

That's my opinion.

i suggest your totally wrong.

Chainspell
09-18-2011, 05:40 AM
i hear, i have lost everything and really one paycheck from having to live with my parents. I am almost to the point of f it all!!
ahw poor blend.. yeah me too im really close to reaching my debt limit. im gonna start looking for a 2nd job on january if things dont improve.

I also don't think that anyone should share their opinion about anything on this site.
still cant believe someone could say such things lol

reduen
09-18-2011, 06:50 AM
A more appropriate question would be:

What did you (everyone...) do to promote this money bomb? I would say that if you did not do all that you could do then you really have no right to complain.

tangent4ronpaul
09-18-2011, 07:16 AM
There were only 2 really big ones in 2007 Nov. 5/07 & Dec 16/07 and they were worth about 10M split 4/6 I think.
The true gauge will be the December one, although some people might be maxed out by then. That's why it's not good too blow it all on a few.
More might not be better as it spreads out the impact.

I don't believe this didn't connect before... somewhat over 15,000 people donated to this moneybomb. Donations picked up after Dr. Paul did a short video. Promotion of this MB were slightly lacking. I too, had forgotten this was a moneybomb day till I saw the posts.

Imagine what might happen if the day of the moneybomb, a 30-60 min "infomercial" was broadcast nationally that was promoted by a week of hundreds of national :30 spots across 77+ channels nationally and reached a potential audience of 100-150,000,000 people?

This would fit in beautifully with this project:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?316499-Ron-Paul-quot-infomercial-quot

-t

rich34
09-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Guys, 900 grand is a great deal of money. I sensed this money bomb wouldn't blow up as much as the last one did, due to the anger not being there as the last one. Also people gotta remember the economy is not what it was in 07. They'll get bigger in Oct. Nov. and of course Dec. I'm still running the idea through my head if we should have competing money bombs in Nov between the 5th and the 11th. Of course let this forum and the official campaign stay away from the 5th, but allow a "rogue" group of supporters to push the 5th. I'm tellin ya we respond better to themes and the 5th is one that we just can't duplicate. Josh made known to me the possible attack on facebook that day and the possibility that they'll link it to us, but sometimes you just gotta take chances and the financial benefit could outweigh the risk. Either way I still say Nov. 5th will be a much larger donation day than normal just due to the fact that people will be doing it in rememberence.

sam1952
09-18-2011, 07:41 AM
To OP, The Moneybomb was born out of the 2008 campaign. It generated themes, enthusiam and of course money. It fed off itself almost. There was lots of discussion early this time about when and how often. I was in the camp of just to many moneybombs would dilute its impact.

I've always felt we should have been having fundrasing days and saving the term Moneybomb for just 2 or 3 special days. I myself am contributing each time but something tells me when Nov. 5th and Dec. 16 come around I will be digging deeper. Call me sentimental :-)

ItsTime
09-18-2011, 07:45 AM
Time to turn focus to Black This Out. We need this one to be huge.

Reindeer
09-18-2011, 07:47 AM
I am not a rich man. Over the last three months, I have donated about $300. For my family, that's a lot considering our income and expenses. I feel tapped out. I will probably donate one more time before the primaries, but we just don't have the money. Hopefully some other donors are able to step up.

TexMac
09-18-2011, 07:52 AM
Let the forums work itself out just like the free markets that Ron Paul talks about.

This. +++rep

RonPaulFever
09-18-2011, 07:54 AM
If only the other candidates were lucky enough to have grassroots supporters that whine and cry after raising nearly a million dollars in one day. :)

I have to admit that your passion is very endearing, but seriously guys - get a grip on yourselves!

TexMac
09-18-2011, 07:59 AM
That's the issue then. The number of donors for this moneybomb was pretty low, even if we did get a good amount of net dollar donated. 15k people is surely only a fraction of how many people support RP, so why is the number of donors so low? Even people who are low on cash would probably be inclined to throw in a few bucks here and there--so either the message isn't getting out, people aren't being reminded enough, or there's a lack of motivation and/or sense of urgency.

What can we do about this for future bombs?

...Aside from posting rants about censoring forums and such.I think we'll all be surprised at the end of quarter figures. I think the moneyombs aren't huge because people are just donating. They aren't waiting around for moneybombs. Moneybombs are fun but they aren't the only way to donate to Ron.

Y'all remember the $150,00 to run ads? Wanna bet we raised twice that?

Anyway, moneybombs aren't everything. If there's so much apathy going on around here, how did we win the CA straw poll? We raised a thousand dollars just here and on Daily Paul for that in about 2 days.

ItsTime
09-18-2011, 08:04 AM
I dont know if it has been mentioned but this moneybomb is two weeks long. 800k on the first day is great.

tangent4ronpaul
09-18-2011, 08:11 AM
I dont know if it has been mentioned but this moneybomb is two weeks long. 800k on the first day is great.

HU? - that's different...

Peace&Freedom
09-18-2011, 08:12 AM
The money bombs are proceeding just fine, and in a saner way overall than four years ago at this time. The grassroots declared so many money bomb dates that it was hard to sustain steady momentum and plan to use the funds raised. This time Paul is getting $800K+ each month, as immediate cash on hand, which every other candidate in the race wishes he/she could count on. Let's keep on keeping on at this pace. Imagine how much money he will be raising next spring, from both Demcrats and Republicans, once he emerges as winner of the nomination, or declares to run independent!

ItsTime
09-18-2011, 08:19 AM
HU? - that's different...

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=166449466757113

Saturday, September 17 at 12:00am - September 30 at 11:30pm

TexMac
09-18-2011, 08:22 AM
878 K now. People still donating like crazy Ron Paulers. :)

djruden
09-18-2011, 08:31 AM
I assumed the facebook event for the money bomb was just set up incorrectly and someone overlooked the end date...

ItsTime
09-18-2011, 08:33 AM
I assumed the facebook event for the money bomb was just set up incorrectly and someone overlooked the end date...

Nope

Following the moneybomb, an "End of Quarter Push" will be held until September 30, to help Ron Paul finish the third fundraising quarter of 2011 in first place.

frodus24
09-18-2011, 08:38 AM
I am honestly broke. I have been budgeting my money to pay off credit card debt in fear of an economic collapse. I must be debt-free in 7 months. I am not sure if it will happen, BUT my gut is telling to pay this shit off ASAP. If I were currently debt-free, I would be able to do much more, but right now, I have to survive until Friday

On a lighter note, I get paid Friday and I will give to the campaign as I have set aside money to go to Dr. Paul.

pacelli
09-18-2011, 08:41 AM
About three weeks ago I was looking for a money bomb to donate to and couldn't find one. Took quite a bit of digging, in fact thats how I joined this forum in the first place.

Fortunately googling "ron paul moneybomb" takes you to the right spot now, but 3 weeks ago it was all garbage. SEO please :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting how you got here, and welcome!

MelissaWV
09-18-2011, 08:44 AM
If only the other candidates were lucky enough to have grassroots supporters that whine and cry after raising nearly a million dollars in one day. :)

I have to admit that your passion is very endearing, but seriously guys - get a grip on yourselves!

Instead, they have corporate cronies that give them millions in support. This MB is fine, but in order to win, something has got to change. Shoving your fingers in your ears and screaming that we are doing everything perfect is not going to help the future of fundraising. Every time there is a MB, people toss around ideas for fundraising. Usually we are screamed down by people who adore the MB's. What I learned last MB, much to my chagrin, was that the loudest people telling me the MB model worked were also people who had not donated anything to it.

The title is not "why did this MB suck" but "why isn't this moneybomb doing better?" and I think asking how we can improve things is not whining or crying. If that's the way you see it, then perhaps you're the one that needs to get a grip :)

I wasn't aware it was a "push" either. I'd hardly heard of it, but when I finally did, this was touted as a straight-up MB. People were even talking about how we needed to rush around to get support by midnight. I don't think it was communicated very well that we had until September 30 to get donations in. If you have a "Constitution Day Moneybomb" then the obvious inference is that it is one day of fundraising. I don't think I'm alone in thinking it was a single-day event. There are more people in the world than people who check Facebook religiously.

trey4sports
09-18-2011, 08:47 AM
I think we'll all be surprised at the end of quarter figures. I think the moneyombs aren't huge because people are just donating. They aren't waiting around for moneybombs. Moneybombs are fun but they aren't the only way to donate to Ron.

Y'all remember the $150,00 to run ads? Wanna bet we raised twice that?

Anyway, moneybombs aren't everything. If there's so much apathy going on around here, how did we win the CA straw poll? We raised a thousand dollars just here and on Daily Paul for that in about 2 days.

I believe we raised roughly $400,000 between the last two money bombs...

ItsTime
09-18-2011, 08:47 AM
I believe we raised roughly $400,000 between the last two money bombs...

Based on?

trey4sports
09-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Based on?

the guy who graphs the moneybomb said that when the campaign turned on the donation feed it was showing 387,000 which would indicate the amount raised between when it was turned off and just now turned on. So the end of the birthday moneybomb until yesterday.

TexMac
09-18-2011, 08:51 AM
OK, so how much have we raised this quarter that we know of? Birthday moneyomb almot 2 mil, this one nearly a mil, what else?

The campaign hasn't rolled any of their fundraising money into this bomb, have they?

ItsTime
09-18-2011, 08:55 AM
the guy who graphs the moneybomb said that when the campaign turned on the donation feed it was showing 387,000 which would indicate the amount raised between when it was turned off and just now turned on. So the end of the birthday moneybomb until yesterday.

So that wouldnt be counting offline donations? If that number was not a cache issue.

JamesButabi
09-18-2011, 09:04 AM

If you are talking about todays MB I recall seeing the slow creep from below 100,000

TheDriver
09-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Stop having the money bombs on Saturday!

RonPaulFever
09-18-2011, 09:08 AM
Stop having the money bombs on Saturday!

LOL....I have to agree, although it was pure dumb luck that the last two happened to fall on Saturdays. At least Black THIS Out! is on a Wednesday.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-18-2011, 09:08 AM
///

trey4sports
09-18-2011, 09:09 AM
So that wouldnt be counting offline donations? If that number was not a cache issue.

i'm not sure, it very well could be a technical error, but my guess is that it is the money raised from the end of the last moneybomb until the start of this moneybomb. We raised roughly 1 million through all of last quarter in non moneybomb situations. So 400K for one month this quarter seems very reasonable.

If you are talking about todays MB I recall seeing the slow creep from below 100,000

I meant the day before the moneybomb. I wasn't implying that the 400K was included in the moneybomb.

justatrey
09-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Some people are literally 100% broke and do not have $5 to donate. We can't blame them for anything. Let's say that 25% of Paul supporters fall into this category. That still leaves millions of Ron Paul supporters. 15,000 supporters donated. I still don't get it. All I know is we're doing it wrong!

Maybe we need to really emphasize how big a difference $5 can make? Most people can afford a happy meal, right?

I mean $5 * 1,000,000 = $5,000,000.

For Black This Out, I suggest we don't try to encourage big $100+ donations but instead focus on improving the number of donors.

pacelli
09-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Unless I am seriously mistaken, the average amount donated today was about the same as the one where we got $6 million dollars. The difference is the number of people that donate. On this site all I see are that people are split all over the place working on different things. We only had one money bomb at a time last time and had no plans for future ones, so we ALL worked together on each one.

This time, I see people saying they are working on this money bomb or that one...For this one, people made suggestions and were told to get lost. I know. I was one of those people, so...I got lost. So did a lot of others.

For a long time, this moneybomb was promoted as an end of quarter push and the date on facebook was 2 weeks long. People had no idea what day they were supposed to donate.

It isn't about the economy. It is about organization, and help. I don't know if traffic is down on this site, but it sure feels like it. I remember when threads were gone off the front page in a matter of seconds. I also see people talking about food recipes on the chat room rather than doing anything to help Ron. Not making any judgments, but it seems to me that is taking focus from the hard work.

I think we need to really work together to make the Black this Out moneybomb THE BIG ONE. We need one million people to donate, not 10,000. We need to ALL work on that moneybomb and that one only. If others are working on one in November, then we won't be able to do what needs to be done.

We need thread after thread about how to get more people to pledge to donate. We need to have folks share ideas about where they are posting this moneybomb and how effective their strategy is. When I work 9 hours straight and send out as many messages as I can on Facebook, I see around 60 or so click attend each day. When I take a day off, I see two or three added to the total.

However, I can't do this alone. One person getting 60 people a day is not very effective. One thousand people getting 60 people a day is. How about we just try to get one hundred people all working to get 60 people a day to join up?

If we don't get Ron a ton of money and very soon, he might be out of funds and the race by November. If we can really work hard to make a difference on the BTO bomb, we might get others to join in the help.

And one last thing...I know I will get blasted to hell for this...but this forum needs focus. I have seen so many people run off of this place because of the things in Hot Topics, or things that get sent to Hot topics. We need to be attracting people to this site so we can get workers. And the bashing each other, or anything, or any group has to stop. We are being destroyed by it. I don't like to be here because people seem like it is ok to attack people and they love to attack me for saying what needs to be said. Well, I am human and I don't like to sit here with my heart pounding, filled with feelings of dread. Being told I should just leave if I don't like the way it is. If we can't speak up and say what needs to be said, we have no chance.

I hope people take the time to read Monique's post above.

ItsTime
09-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Monique is awesome! She has helped lay the ground work for a huge Black This Out moneybomb. Now that the one day, Constitution, event is moving into the end of the quarter push, we need to focus on getting Black This Out as big as we can!

RonRules
09-18-2011, 09:23 AM
I'll be here for the "Black This Out" moneybomb. Please stop bickering, donate and encourage others to donate too.

Meanwhile the Constitution moneybomb ticker is still ticking and we will exceed $900K in a few seconds. We can get this over one Million.

Thank you for all that donated.

William R
09-18-2011, 09:34 AM
The economy.

pacelli
09-18-2011, 09:34 AM
By the way, if anyone from the campaign is reading this thread (and I know you are), could you please politely suggest to Dr. Paul that perhaps he can also help plug these moneybombs by mentioning them during interviews?

There's been 2 moneybombs so far where Ron has done either a national radio or TV interview on the day of the moneybomb, yet he mentioned nothing about them. However, he or his campaign surrogates sent out an email asking for existing supporters to donate.

If Dr. Paul sees the benefit of doing a phone interview on the moneybomb radio program on each moneybomb day, surely he can see the benefit of plugging the moneybomb during national interviews.

Please ask Ron to mention the Black This Out moneybomb.

Sjmfury
09-18-2011, 09:49 AM
If we could break 1 million in the next 12 hours, I'd be happy ;)

hubze
09-18-2011, 09:54 AM
I donated twice and donated in the last one as well, but do agree I think so many people are tapped out. There is also the Super PAC coming Monday. It is sad that this is driven more by money than anything, which I know is no fault of Ron's. And if Ron would sell out to a couple lobbyists, he would stand a better chance...but his principles do not let him do this...which is even MORE reason to want to help him...so even if times are tough think of it this way...if Ron Paul does not get into office in 2012, they will be even tougher...so much so that I feel the middle class will all but be wiped out...so even if you have to do what we did and have a garage sale...I sold my guitar...my pride and joy yesterday because I KNOW how important this is...and that once things are on their way to getting fixed I can get another one...

So it depends on how serious you are. If you can sell something for $20 and turn around and donate the $$ then do it...where there is a will there truly is a way.

hubze
09-18-2011, 10:04 AM
I hope people take the time to read Monique's post above.

I totally agree! We are trying to organize by creating social media marches to do just that...on these days have it organized so people know what they need to do...we can all work together and promote together. It seems that people need to get re-motivated and I think some ACTIVE ENGAGEMENT would help. I talked to Ron Paul's official social media staff, because that is our expertise and they are going to use us to do all of their Facebook stuff and one thing I have been suggesting to them is to POST MORE OFTEN on the official pages and to engage the people more who are posting...I know realistically they cannot respond to every post, but even if they responded to several per day they would create a new wave of excitement...

So let US work together to help organize. I am sorry to keep promoting our site but http://socialmediamarch.org is where we are trying to organize social media marches...and we NEED mass numbers to make an impact so TELL ALL YOU KNOW and let's pick up the ball where it even seems that the media staff for Rons official campaign is...I mean when I was on a conference call with the whole team...they just do not seem excited enough in my opinion...so let's do it ourselves!

I am in no way knocking them because I KNOW they are very busy...but I know if they implemented what I have suggested to them, they would have close to a million fans right now...anyway that is neither here nor there. LET'S GET THIS DONE!!!!

RON PAUL 2012!!!