PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for future money bombs

yeshuaisiam
09-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Look guys, I donated today, but I'm just going to give my advice on future money bombs. The first thing I must state is that there are TOO MANY money bombs. It seems like every month there is another money bomb. Even other figures have money bombs like Peter Schiff for senate. It's just too many.

If we want to re-live the success of the Tea Party Money bomb in the last campaign, here's what NEEDS to happen.

1) Organization from the top. This means that the head of the Ron Paul campaign needs to set the date. Yes it was great for the organizers back in 2008, but now things are too big and too scattered.
2) Moving videos must be made so people can be inspired for that date. Many moving videos work well. They can be emailed over time and the excitement built up.
3) Months of planning in advance.
4) Forget Joe Blows money bomb idea that "The day George Washington chopped down the cherry tree" deserves a bomb.
5) Advertise it, advertise it, and advertise it some more.
6) I'd suggest the TEA PARTY date again. Months out, memories from last time...
7) Remember that people DO run out of money. Having a "money firecracker" every month and funds run dry. Many can't afford donating $20 a month for the next bomb. If it is built up, people can save up for one large BANG.
8) Campaign for liberty and other affiliate politicians etc., need to stop the MONEY BOMB rhetoric for "everything else", and get behind one for Ron Paul. This means politicians most of us like or individuals need to be at least told to cut it out and back Ron Paul on the date set.

Love Ron Paul, Love the campaign, love the politics behind it, but the constant money bombs do get old and not as special. Sorry.

If we want to re-live the Tea Party money bomb (and far surpass it), start now.

LibertyEsq
09-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Look guys, I donated today, but I'm just going to give my advice on future money bombs. The first thing I must state is that there are TOO MANY money bombs. It seems like every month there is another money bomb. Even other figures have money bombs like Peter Schiff for senate. It's just too many.

If we want to re-live the success of the Tea Party Money bomb in the last campaign, here's what NEEDS to happen.

1) Organization from the top. This means that the head of the Ron Paul campaign needs to set the date. Yes it was great for the organizers back in 2008, but now things are too big and too scattered.
2) Moving videos must be made so people can be inspired for that date. Many moving videos work well. They can be emailed over time and the excitement built up.
3) Months of planning in advance.
4) Forget Joe Blows money bomb idea that "The day George Washington chopped down the cherry tree" deserves a bomb.
5) Advertise it, advertise it, and advertise it some more.
6) I'd suggest the TEA PARTY date again. Months out, memories from last time...
7) Remember that people DO run out of money. Having a "money firecracker" every month and funds run dry. Many can't afford donating $20 a month for the next bomb. If it is built up, people can save up for one large BANG.
8) Campaign for liberty and other affiliate politicians etc., need to stop the MONEY BOMB rhetoric for "everything else", and get behind one for Ron Paul. This means politicians most of us like or individuals need to be at least told to cut it out and back Ron Paul on the date set.

Love Ron Paul, Love the campaign, love the politics behind it, but the constant money bombs do get old and not as special. Sorry.

If we want to re-live the Tea Party money bomb (and far surpass it), start now.

You forgot the most important part: Goal setting. There is no goal set for today's moneybomb, and the ticker doesn't show visual progress towards anything. Setting ambitious goals is management 101. I'd say $3 mil would be a good goal for blackthisout but I'm guessing the campaign will have an end-of-the-quarter push in between.