PDA

View Full Version : GA-Family calls cops for help with harrassing phone calls. Cops show up and...

Anti Federalist
09-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Oh hell, you know what they did next. :mad:

Shot the 15 year old, toothless, family dog, dead and show no remorse over it whatsoever.

People, please, DO NOT CALL THE COPS.

Aiken Co. family upset after dog shot, killed by law enforcement officer

An Aiken County deputy shot and killed a family dog after responding to a call. Now that family wants to make sure it never happens again.
Reporter: Kristi Ludlow

Email Address: kristi.ludlow@wrdw.com
News 12 at 6 o'clock / Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2011

http://www.wrdw.com/homeandfamily/headlines/Aiken_Co_family_upset_after_dog_shot_killed_by_law _enforcement_officer_129767418.html

WARRENVILLE, S.C. -- An Aiken County family asked a deputy to stop by the house because their son was getting harassing phone calls. But when the deputy stepped out of the car, things quickly got out of hand.

The family says he shot too soon at their dog, who died after the incident.

"The deputy has to come home safe and the dog had to be stopped," said Cpt. Troy Elwell with the Aiken County Sheriff's Office.

But the dog's owner has something different to say.

"Abby has no teeth -- the officer said he saw teeth -- that dog is 15 years old, has arthritis and don't even have no teeth," said Scott Wright.

Abby may have been a German shepherd, but Wright says his dog has never been aggressive and was not charging the officer.

"By the time I got done getting the dog's name out of my mouth the officer had unhoisted his gun and shot her twice," Wright said.

Whether the dog was about to bite or not, it is completely within an a deputy's right to protect themselves if they feel threatened.

"If a dog is charging an officer, you can't talk to a dog, we can't talk that dog down -- that dog has his teeth coming, he is just as much a threat as a man with a gun," Elwell said.

Wright says Abby didn't die right away.

"I would have liked for her to die at home, of old age, instead of the way she died because she suffered," Wright said.

Wright has other dogs and just got a new one, but that won't make it any easier for him.

"Nothing will replace Abby, my dog Abby," Wright said.

The Sheriff's Office says deputies hate when a split-second decision like this has to be made.

"We always try to go one step farther than we need to to make sure we are doing the right thing; we never want to take anyone's life, any animal's life," Elwell said.

Wright just hopes deputies will take a closer look at this case before it happens again.

"I think there should some more alternatives before his officer should shoot his gun, fire it like that," Wright said.

If you have a dog or any other kind of animal at your home and a deputy or police officer is headed to your way, make sure to put your animal up.

That's the safest way to keep something like this from happening. (No, the safest thing to do is not call the fucking state killers into your home in the first place - AF)

And if you aren't able to put the animal away, make sure law enforcement knows if it is aggressive or not.

Vessol
09-16-2011, 10:56 PM
It's really sick and sad when my mind completes the thread title before I even click it :(

AGRP
09-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Silly mundanes shouldn't be allowed to keep and bear arms.

Leave that to the trusted professionals!

Kotin
09-16-2011, 11:03 PM
If you think a dog's teeth are as deadly as a man with a gun you are a fucking pussy

AFPVet
09-16-2011, 11:06 PM
I think there should some more alternatives before his officer should shoot his gun, fire it like that. [sic] Exactly. Cops have less lethal and non lethal weapons for situations such as this... but no, they would rather use them on 8 year old children.

heavenlyboy34
09-16-2011, 11:08 PM
sheesh, this is ridiculous! :( :mad:

Dr.3D
09-16-2011, 11:21 PM
The postal carrier uses pepper spray and carries a can just for this purpose. I guess the cops don't have enough money to buy any of that.

AFPVet
09-16-2011, 11:24 PM
The postal carrier uses pepper spray and carries a can just for this purpose. I guess the cops don't have enough money to buy any of that.

They are issued the shit—unless they're reserves (which have to buy their gear). I carried it working details... the problem is that some of these asshats like to use CS on children—and tasers on old ladies—rather than actually using less and non lethal weapons for proper circumstances.

DamianTV
09-17-2011, 01:10 AM
If Mailmen carried Guns...

123tim
09-17-2011, 03:43 AM

Some do:

Postal inspectors.
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Blotter/ht_marijuana_100315_mn.jpg
http://www.911jobforums.com/showthread.php?19666-US-Postal-Inspector-Firearms

The link to the picture is from a site that you probably shouldn't go to at work.
Link to picture:
http://www.marijuana.com/drug-war-headline-news/142807-usa-youve-got-mail-marijuana-shipments-skyrocket.html

mrsat_98
09-17-2011, 05:25 AM
Last time I saw a cop pull a stunt like this I would lay awake at night thinking of how I could hunt him down and shoot him till he was dead, over and over , night after night. Then my neighbor beat me to it. Now we are both suing him.

http://www.republicmagazine.com/news/arkansas-lawsuit-targets-abusive-%E2%80%9Cgypsy-cop%E2%80%9D.html

Kludge
09-17-2011, 05:32 AM
Then everyone would be more polite?

pcosmar
09-17-2011, 07:54 AM

Many carry dog treats.

Just how lame do you have to be to feel threatened by an old arthritic toothless dog?

moostraks
09-17-2011, 08:39 AM
AF I believe this is in SC not GA...as for the officer I have been bit several times by dogs and it is no comparison to a gun, esp. if you carry a stick and know how to use it (make yourself menacing and larger than you are, worst case to defend yourself). Most dogs will back down when you talk meaner than they do and you don't cower. My bites have been from breaking up dog fights and I was mistaken for the other dog. Do they not carry billy clubs anymore?

virgil47
09-17-2011, 10:20 AM
AF I believe this is in SC not GA...as for the officer I have been bit several times by dogs and it is no comparison to a gun, esp. if you carry a stick and know how to use it (make yourself menacing and larger than you are, worst case to defend yourself). Most dogs will back down when you talk meaner than they do and you don't cower. My bites have been from breaking up dog fights and I was mistaken for the other dog. Do they not carry billy clubs anymore?

Billy clubs? Hell they don't even carry brains or balls with them!

Anti Federalist
09-17-2011, 10:36 AM

Damn, you are right.

I was working on two stories and decided not to post one, that was the one in GA.

Thanks for pointing that out.

kazmlsj
09-17-2011, 12:18 PM
"...and don't even have no teeth..."

Yup, South Carolina all right.

AGRP
09-17-2011, 12:48 PM

Only if they wear an shinny badge!

PaulConventionWV
09-17-2011, 01:11 PM
What is it with all the dog-killing?

Anti Federalist
09-17-2011, 01:16 PM

Ratcheting up the tension to start on us before too much longer.

pcosmar
09-17-2011, 01:19 PM

The crux of the matter.

What is with all the dog killings? Seeing the Tip of an Iceberg are we? ;)

What about Political Prisoners?
What about both kids and Marine Vets?

Really,,, how much do you want to see?
Or an even better question,,,
How much do you have to see?

:mad: