PDA

View Full Version : Ronpaulgraphs.com: Capturing at capacity?

bp2519
11-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Has anyone else noticed the perfectly straight line at which www.ronpaulgraphs.com is capturing? It seems to me that ronpaul2008.com can not output names any faster than it is currently doing and therefore ronpaulgraphs.com cannot capture names any quicker. Does anyone else share this sentiment?

DjLoTi
11-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Yeah, I think they're coming in so quick that they can't keep up, for sure.

bp2519
11-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Yea DJ - It just seems odd that the line has been very straight the past 2-3 hours. Could this mean we have really donated 100k or 200k more?

DjLoTi
11-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Na, I think the $$$ is correct, but on the donor maps, I don't think they're catching all the donors. In fact, I'm sure of it.

bp2519
11-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Let's hope you're wrong :)

kylejack
11-05-2007, 09:05 AM
http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/US_pc_donors.html

The difference between black and red on this graph is the number of names that aren't being captured.

ashlux
11-05-2007, 09:08 AM
The dollars raised and the number of donors should be right on (maybe a few minutes delayed).

The donor map will be wrong since it is relying on a small (random?) sampling of donors.

kylejack
11-05-2007, 09:08 AM
The dollars raised and the number of donors should be right on (maybe a few minutes delayed).

The donor map will be wrong since it is relying on a small (random?) sampling of donors.
quoted for truth. This is an accurate post.

Exponent
11-05-2007, 09:17 AM
My guess for why it is so straight is because of the really high sample size. So many people are donating that the preferred time of donation is very well distributed throughout the day. With such a large sample of people, it is hard for clumps to occur that are somewhat arbitrary. The only changes you'll see in the graph are related to actual reasons (such as the "slump", if you can call it that, that occurred while most people were asleep). Aside from sleeping, it's not all that clear that any time is more appropriate to donate than any other, except for the people who donated as quickly as possible (i.e., 12am-1am), or who are holding out for the last minute (11pm-12am). We might see a few patterns emerge throughout the day, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't.