PDA

View Full Version : Ron needs to say that the FED and the military is MAKING US POOR...

wgadget
09-16-2011, 10:15 AM
This might hit a nerve and make people start thinking about things, the elderly especially.

The FED's INFLATION is an unseen tax which is already being seen as prices rise, and the overseas military is making us both POOR and DEFENSELESS, ironically enough.

Just come out and say it. People who are feeling the bite of the economy will get it.

ronpaulfollower999
09-16-2011, 10:20 AM
He has mentioned the inflation tax but people really dont understand what he is talking about.

gb13
09-16-2011, 10:28 AM
He has mentioned the inflation tax but people really dont understand what he is talking about.

Yeah, that's why he should elaborate on it as much as possible. Put into terms that people can relate to.

wgadget
09-16-2011, 10:42 AM
I heard someone on the radio say that the military spending is to subsidize the oil companies. I had never thought of it this way before, but by the way Michael Medved disputed it, there must be something to it. ;)

Havax
09-16-2011, 10:49 AM
The last thing Ron should be saying is anything negative about the military. He should be critical of our foriegn POLICIES that have got us in this mess. He should begin any comment on foreign policies with saying "We have the best military on this earth, and I will go to war via a declaration if we are attacked by any country. I voted to go into Afghanistan after we were attacked and will bring to justice anyone that attacks us as president."

jason43
09-16-2011, 11:01 AM
I agree that he needs to emphasize that he is not a pacifist. That is a common misperception of people on the right either intentionally or unintentionally.

He also needs to talk about the dollar as world reserve currency and the relationship of bad federal reserve policy, a weak dollar, and going to war with anyone who challenges dollar hedgemony through oil sales, i.e. Iraq, Libya, Iran, etc.

wgadget
09-16-2011, 11:26 AM
The last thing Ron should be saying is anything negative about the military. He should be critical of our foriegn POLICIES that have got us in this mess. He should begin any comment on foreign policies with saying "We have the best military on this earth, and I will go to war via a declaration if we are attacked by any country. I voted to go into Afghanistan after we were attacked and will bring to justice anyone that attacks us as president."

Didn't he differentiate between military spending and defense spending in the last debate? I get your point, though. He should also repeat the fact that more military people support him than any other candidate.

Havax
09-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Didn't he differentiate between military spending and defense spending in the last debate? I get your point, though. He should also repeat the fact that more military people support him than any other candidate.

I think it's a bad decision to rail against the word "militarism" too. Sounds anti-military. He simply needs to say we need a strong national defense not a strong national offense. We cannot afford to be the policemen of the world and our founding fathers/constitution don't advise us to be the policemen anyway.

PaulConventionWV
09-16-2011, 03:30 PM
This might hit a nerve and make people start thinking about things, the elderly especially.

The FED's INFLATION is an unseen tax which is already being seen as prices rise, and the overseas military is making us both POOR and DEFENSELESS, ironically enough.

Just come out and say it. People who are feeling the bite of the economy will get it.

No. There is really no difference between what you just said and what he is saying now. What do you mean, "come out and say it"? He's been saying it for years! "This nation's policies are bankrupting us." What's the difference? What's so great about the word poor?

Brett85
09-16-2011, 04:19 PM

He shouldn't even call it "military spending." He makes it sound like he would actually cut funding for the military. He should just call it "foreign policy spending."