PDA

View Full Version : How is all this money being raised, being spent?

cbc58
09-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Where is all this money going and how is it being spent? RP can raise millions and have it wasted on useless ads and promotions that don't work or that are not effective.

Is the campaign just doing blind ads or branding promotions or what? who's in charge of the ad campaign?? is it a tried and true ad industry veteran or some volunteer who thinks they know what they are doing?

Just curious because how money is getting spent should be of concern to everyone who gives.

What is the dollar cost to acquire one voter?

Bruno
09-16-2011, 09:49 AM
It begins

JoshLowry
09-16-2011, 10:15 AM
I don't think we'll be able to do that math equation if we lack the number of voters to divide by.

Unless you know one of them personally, the clearest answer you will get is the quarterly FEC reports.

http://query.nictusa.com/pres/2011/Q2/C00495820.html

jeremiahj13
09-16-2011, 10:41 AM
I know Ron Paul is/was traveling alot to Iowa and back, and New Hampshire. I'm sure that airfare has costed him quite a bit. I know playing an Ad on TV costs money too which he's been doing in early primary states... Otherwise, I do not know the details to be honest. Ron Paul saith, Jeremiahj followeth.

jeremiahj13
09-16-2011, 10:50 AM
I find this a bit disturbing :

Benton, Jesse 111,854.98

Guitarzan
09-16-2011, 10:52 AM

Benton, Jesse 111,854.98

Reimbursements for charter flights and such.

cbc58
09-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Benton, Jesse 111,854.98
Reimbursements for charter flights and such.

How do you know that?

What's this then? New Flight Charters 234,051.45

Guitarzan
09-16-2011, 11:18 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?315979-Possible-coming-attack-on-the-campaign!&highlight=attack

specsaregood
09-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Where is all this money going and how is it being spent? RP can raise millions and have it wasted on useless ads and promotions that don't work or that are not effective.

Is the campaign just doing blind ads or branding promotions or what? who's in charge of the ad campaign?? is it a tried and true ad industry veteran or some volunteer who thinks they know what they are doing?

Just curious because how money is getting spent should be of concern to everyone who gives.

Seeing as they hired on a top-notch, well known pollster:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?300886-Ron-Paul-Campaign-Scoops-Up-Major-GOP-Pollster
I wouldn't think they'd hire them just for the helluva it, but to better target their efforts. So I'd assume they aren't doing things "blind".

ItsTime
09-16-2011, 11:33 AM

Benton, Jesse 111,854.98

Jesse put up $200,000 of his own money to get the campaign moving. they are just reimbursing him. This happens all the time.

cbc58
09-16-2011, 12:01 PM
How does one find out who is in charge of advertising for the campaign? I am just going by last election where it appear they had good intentions but really didn't know what they were doing. Polling is one thing, using the results of those polls in an effective manner is another.

I did not know there was some kind of inquiry or research into the campaign finances and hopefully everything is above board. To assume everyone is for the best interests of the people, and not in it to line their own pockets, is not realistic in terms of politics - even for RP campaign.

LibertyEagle
09-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Clearly, you have not seen the ads they have run this year, cbc58. They are fantastic. This is not '07.

I find it rather interesting that you would be trying to place seeds of doubt about the campaign, right before a critical moneybomb.

specsaregood
09-16-2011, 12:07 PM
How does one find out who is in charge of advertising for the campaign? I am just going by last election where it appear they had good intentions but really didn't know what they were doing. Polling is one thing, using the results of those polls in an effective manner is another.

I did not know there was some kind of inquiry or research into the campaign finances and hopefully everything is above board. To assume everyone is for the best interests of the people, and not in it to line their own pockets, is not realistic in terms of politics - even for RP campaign.

Well, ronpaulforums of course:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?303164-Ron-Paul-on-Politico

MORE – THE REAL DEAL – The commercial starts tomorrow, running with six figures behind it in both Iowa and New Hampshire. That makes it the biggest television buy of the 2012 campaign from any candidate and the first major TV ad to air in New Hampshire. It’s a high-value spot produced by Paul’s newly-hired ad man, GOP media consultant Jon Downs.

cbc58
09-16-2011, 12:08 PM
I haven't seen any ads - at all - and that's part of my questioning. I'm not talking about short vids or youtube postings... I'm talking ads where money is spent to get the message out in traditional channels.

Everyone who gives to a moneybomb should know where thier money is going and how it is being spent. You should be thankful that someone is questioning things instead of just taking "trust us" for granted.

specsaregood
09-16-2011, 12:11 PM
I haven't seen any ads - at all - and that's part of my questioning. I'm not talking about short vids or youtube postings... I'm talking ads where money is spent to get the message out in traditional channels.

Wow. you are missing out, the ads have been great.

cbc58
09-16-2011, 12:13 PM
they must have been given terms on that expense because it's not on the last statement....

and what were the results from that advertising? how many voters were gained? what is the average cost per voter acquired? how do we get those numbers?

Chieppa1
09-16-2011, 12:13 PM
This is actually what Jesse and the campaign does with our money. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqcbgSpHMFs

specsaregood
09-16-2011, 12:16 PM
they must have been given terms on that expense because it's not on the last statement....
Maybe because its been during this quarter that ends at the end of september? July, August, September. FEC Filing --> expenses shown on report 15 days later?

Guitarzan
09-16-2011, 12:17 PM

Everyone who gives to a moneybomb should know where thier money is going and how it is being spent. You should be thankful that someone is questioning things instead of just taking "trust us" for granted.

Haven't seen any ads?

Could've fooled me as it seems you saw the "Conviction" ad back in July and thought that it was a waste of money.

Check post #96 here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?303114-Ron-Paul-s-First-Ad-as-per-his-facebook/page3

cbc58
09-16-2011, 12:25 PM
i'm talking about seeing ads on traditional channels - not seeing something posted in a thread on the RP board. give me a break.

since you bring it up - what was the result of that ad buy? what are the measurable results?

specsaregood
09-16-2011, 12:27 PM
i'm talking about seeing ads on traditional channels - not seeing something posted in a thread on the RP board. give me a break.
since you bring it up - what was the result of that ad buy? what are the measurable results?
Where do you live? They are only advertising in the early primary/caucus states. Do you live in one of those?

Measurable results? Well I did see a reputable IA poll that had him at 16% and one in NH at 14%. Both higher than his national average.

Guitarzan
09-16-2011, 12:27 PM

How about 2nd place in a virtual tie for first at the Iowa Straw Poll?

And are you going to keep changing your qualifiers every time someone answers your questions or proves you wrong?

cbc58
09-16-2011, 12:32 PM
forget i even asked. not worth my time to discuss with people who are drinking the RP koolaid. good luck with the campaign.

puppetmaster
09-16-2011, 12:34 PM
In it to win it costs

specsaregood
09-16-2011, 12:34 PM
forget i even asked. not worth my time to discuss with people who are drinking the RP koolaid. good luck with the campaign.

huh? all your questions were answered and sources cited.

Now you leave me feeling like I wasted my time and that I just got troll-raped. :(

XTreat
09-16-2011, 12:46 PM

Do you live in IA, NH, or NV? I saw the ads on TV when I was in IA. It was pretty awesome.

ItsTime
09-16-2011, 12:57 PM

He is up 6 points. Have you not been paying attention at all?

AdamT
09-16-2011, 12:59 PM

My understanding is it's the same people who designed Rand's successful Senate campaign ads. Can anyone verify?

AdamT
09-16-2011, 01:02 PM
I haven't seen any ads - at all...

Kind of silly then you come in here with these questions, right?

specsaregood
09-16-2011, 01:03 PM
//

BamaAla
09-16-2011, 01:40 PM
haven't seen any ads?

Could've fooled me as it seems you saw the "conviction" ad back in july and thought that it was a waste of money.

Check post #96 here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?303114-ron-paul-s-first-ad-as-per-his-facebook/page3

pwn3d

r3volution
09-16-2011, 06:32 PM
forget i even asked. Not worth my time to discuss with people who are drinking the rp koolaid. Good luck with the campaign.

ban ^

Eric21ND
09-16-2011, 08:53 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hX_x0075i8I/TP_ope5ZJUI/AAAAAAAAAVI/SD4vYx4GW6E/s1600/Ill-show-those-damn-libertarians.jpg

pacelli
09-16-2011, 09:06 PM

Welcome back to the forums, and welcome back to the campaign.

Now what's the story with you asking these sorts of questions of the GRASSROOTS, that have no connection to the campaign?? Trying to... perhaps... get on some sort of negative kick perhaps?

Post your donation transaction receipt after the moneybomb or email the campaign with your gripe.

This is a different campaign from 08. I was most critical of 08's campaign, as anyone will attest.

But you know... you come from out of nowhere, having left the forums for such a long time... what can we conclude???

PS- We're already aware of your belief that Dylan Ratigan should be president, and RP as secretary of the treasury.

ZanZibar
09-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Obvious troll.