PDA

View Full Version : NFL wants Pat-Downs from Ankles up at all Stadiums

bobbyw24
09-16-2011, 09:38 AM
The NFL wants all fans patted down from the ankles up this season to improve fan safety.
http://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/pat-downs.jpg?w=300

Under the new "enhanced" pat-down procedures, the NFL wants all 32 clubs to search fans from the ankles to the knees as well as the waist up. Previously, security guards only patted down fans from the waist up while looking for booze, weapons or other banned items.

The stricter physical screening policy impacts the 16.6 million fans expected to attend live regular season NFL games this season. The more thorough searches will spell longer lines for ticket-holding fans seeking entry to games. It's sure to raise the ire of some fans who consider it an invasion of privacy.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/09/nfl-orders-ankles-up-frisks-for-16-million-fans-enterting-stadiums-security-buffalo-bills/1?loc=interstitialskip

Bruno
09-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Pre-emptive strike against liberty.

Guitarzan
09-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Pre-emptive strike against their attendance, let's hope.

Brian4Liberty
09-16-2011, 12:17 PM
Why not contract TSA for this? :rolleyes:

AcousticFoodie
09-16-2011, 12:21 PM
This is fine. Its the way it should be done. The NFL is making its own rules as a private body and not a federal one like the TSA. they run the risk of more unhappy customers and thus lower attendance for doing this and would have to change it up if it starts becoming a detriment to their businesses. I don't like it and think its dumb, but the NFL has a right to how it wants to conduct its business.

Acala
09-16-2011, 12:33 PM
This is fine. Its the way it should be done. The NFL is making its own rules as a private body and not a federal one like the TSA. they run the risk of more unhappy customers and thus lower attendance for doing this and would have to change it up if it starts becoming a detriment to their businesses. I don't like it and think its dumb, but the NFL has a right to how it wants to conduct its business.

Yup. Private security on private property. Suits me fine.

edit: although one certainly COULD argue that there is often one hell of a lot of government mixed up in a big city sports arena. Often eminent domain, sometimes outright public funding, etc. And this undermines the idea that it is strictly a private property affair. I glossed over this wrinkle.

jkr
09-16-2011, 12:33 PM
this will be a BLAST in shittsburg...i c LOTS of arrests!

Icymudpuppy
09-16-2011, 12:38 PM
I see a huge drop in game attendence. Why go to get groped if you can just watch at home in High-Def 3D on your 54" LED.

Anti Federalist
09-16-2011, 12:42 PM
I see a huge drop in game attendence. Why go to get groped if you can just watch at home in High-Def 3D on your 54" LED.

One can hope.

Corporate sluts that don't give a shit about freedom can always be counted on to give a shit about the bottom line.

amy31416
09-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Actually, pat-downs could possibly increase attendance, considering that's the most action some of these fellows might get.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvRui2fopqloe56kmj7UCkFY2UFjGwx 4ksteRKhSw5ad0UgBA3Kg

evadmurd
09-16-2011, 01:31 PM

^^^yep^^^

LibertyEagle
09-16-2011, 01:33 PM

No kidding. If people stopping attending, the NFL would change their tune and fast.

Anti Federalist
09-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Actually, pat-downs could possibly increase attendance, considering that's the most action some of these fellows might get.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvRui2fopqloe56kmj7UCkFY2UFjGwx 4ksteRKhSw5ad0UgBA3Kg

Damnit, I was told that picture wouldn't be posted.

amy31416
09-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Damnit, I was told that picture wouldn't be posted.

Ya shoulda just paid the $10 and I would have kept it under wraps, so to speak.

James Madison
09-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Will the players also receive pat-downs? What about the coaching staffs? Will celebrities and VIPs be exempt? What about the GMs and owners?

John of Des Moines
09-16-2011, 03:18 PM

In most cases the stadiums are public property leased to the local football team.

ghengis86
09-16-2011, 03:27 PM
No kidding. If people stopping attending, the NFL would change their tune and fast.

Fat chance the people will stop going to the circus. They will take the pat downs and like it. Did you see how the airlines raised he'll with TSA when they lost revenue over TSA sexually assaulting their men, women and children customers? Neither did I.

Sorry, Amerika is fucked. Amerikans loves the police state.

MelissaWV
09-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Will the players also receive pat-downs? What about the coaching staffs? Will celebrities and VIPs be exempt? What about the GMs and owners?

That's only one loophole. If the terrorists that hate us for our freedoms come and destroy us, wouldn't they just use the epic "shoe bomb"?

Bossobass
09-16-2011, 05:12 PM
One can hope.

Corporate sluts that don't give a shit about freedom can always be counted on to give a shit about the bottom line.

Amen.

Anyone who'd pay as much as an NFL game costs and accepts being treated like a criminal with no probable cause needs a red hot poker shoved somewhere.

Bosso

Romulus
09-16-2011, 06:17 PM
It getting to be that if we leave our little cages were going to prodded everywhere we go. So much for free range..

HOLLYWOOD
09-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Sad, that Bronco Barrel Man Died in 2009...http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13934615

The NFL/Stadiums can keep their overpriced everything... I'll stick to 1080P NFL by way of Lasers and backed by Digital Dolby Surround.

http://www.mevsadealers.com/products_2012/L75-A94/-A94_Left_3DFootball_med.png

AFPVet
09-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Why not contract TSA for this? :rolleyes:

Actually, I heard that the TSA will be "training" them. They also wanted TSA "certified" state cops to do pat downs for high school dances.... This is the shit we're living in.

ronpaulfollower999
09-16-2011, 07:56 PM
Well, not many Dolphin fans show up already so I don't see this as a detriment here. :o

amy31416
09-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Sad, that Bronco Barrel Man Died in 2009...http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13934615

The NFL/Stadiums can keep their overpriced everything... I'll stick to 1080P NFL by way of Lasers and backed by Digital Dolby Surround.

Well now I feel bad. RIP Bronco Barrel man--may your heavenly barrel be roomy, plush and comfortable.

ChaosControl
09-16-2011, 09:53 PM

I don't think it is okay just because it is "private" industry. Especially considering a lot of those stadiums get tax funding to be built and whatnot. How private are they really? Regardless though, something invasive is not suddenly acceptable when it is in private industry. I'd hate a private version of the TSA as much as I hate the government one. It makes no difference. Freedom is freedom and that means both from government and other authoritarian scum.

I'd love it if this dropped attendance dramatically. But the American public is a joke that doesn't care one bit about liberty. I expect no change in attendance. Well, I guess molesters can choose either Sports Center or Airports for their feeling up needs. I suppose these are the new jobs we were promised.

Anti Federalist
09-16-2011, 10:08 PM
+rep +1776

I don't think it is okay just because it is "private" industry. Especially considering a lot of those stadiums get tax funding to be built and whatnot. How private are they really? Regardless though, something invasive is not suddenly acceptable when it is in private industry. I'd hate a private version of the TSA as much as I hate the government one. It makes no difference. Freedom is freedom and that means both from government and other authoritarian scum.

I'd love it if this dropped attendance dramatically. But the American public is a joke that doesn't care one bit about liberty. I expect no change in attendance. Well, I guess molesters can choose either Sports Center or Airports for their feeling up needs. I suppose these are the new jobs we were promised.

Brooklyn Red Leg
09-17-2011, 09:37 AM

Everyone has their own opinion, but I will say this much. I work in Security at a stadium and, while I have no want to pat people down at all (done it, its a suck ass job), it is something they are voluntarily agreeing to do. The best way to get said policy changed is to vote with your pocketbook. The NFL will eventually get the idea.

V4Vendetta
09-17-2011, 09:40 AM
by the time this is over there will be 100,000's of professional gropers

Danke
09-17-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm hoping fans begin to complain about pat-downs so my stock in the Z Backscatter X-ray system improves. It's all part of the plan.

Cleaner44
09-17-2011, 02:49 PM

Exactly, let the NFL run their business as they see fit and I will refuse to attend their games and buy their product. That is how the free market should be.

Anti Federalist
09-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Exactly, let the NFL run their business as they see fit and I will refuse to attend their games and buy their product. That is how the free market should be.

The problem is that most people don't see things "our" way, thus the 100 percent democratic processes of the market will mean that eventually every business will adopt such policies.

Corporate tyranny is as bad as government tyranny.

I have no issue at all with corporate enterprises being prohibited by law from violating fundamental rights of customers or employees as laid out in the Bill of Rights.

Especially in this case, where most modern day Coliseums are whole in or in part taxpayer funded.

Cowlesy
09-17-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm going to the Jets/Jaguars game tomorrow, will see if this actually happens.

Danke
09-17-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm going to the Jets/Jaguars game tomorrow, will see if this actually happens.

OK. Just no pictures, please.

amy31416
09-17-2011, 05:06 PM

Killjoy.

Anti Federalist
09-17-2011, 05:39 PM

Silence, You!

(Danke at the Wal Marx, picking up some beer and Marlboro Lights for the big game)

http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/3108.jpg

Humanae Libertas
09-17-2011, 05:40 PM
What's next? NFL going to announce naked body scanners as well?

Danke
09-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Silence, You!

(Danke at the Wal Marx, picking up some beer and Marlboro Lights for the big game)

http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/3108.jpg

Dude, you're stalking me. Scary. Telling your "wife" and RPFs Admin.

Anti Federalist
09-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Dude, you're stalking me. Scary. Telling your "wife" and RPFs Admin.

LOL - I'm taking my cats and going home!

ETA - Actually you should be flattered. That guy looks like Lemmy, having a bad clothing day.

Lemmy is badass.