PDA

View Full Version : The Crow Eaters Confessional thread

Revolution9
11-05-2007, 08:22 AM
OK..Ridiculous and a several dozen others. We have this thread opened for you now to act as your public confessional booth. Let's see how many of ya got real cajones and step forward to eat some crow.

Yer gonna remember the Fifth of November.

Regards
Randy

born2drv
11-05-2007, 08:23 AM
OK I admit it.... I thought we would hit 500k... maybe $1M max..... I was wrong, but I'm glad I am :)

Looks like we'll hit $3M easy today!

DrNoZone
11-05-2007, 08:24 AM
I was opposed to the V link, not to the project as a whole. Though, I had only predicted about $1 mil. And boy does my plate of prediction crow taste goooood! Serve me another plate!

stones88
11-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Anyone donating to celebrate Guy Fawkes is a loon.

Adamsa
11-05-2007, 08:28 AM
I thought success would be 2 million, so we'll see if it gets there. :P

Ron Paul Fan
11-05-2007, 08:28 AM

Exactly. There will be negative blowback from today! In the form of millions of dollars! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

kylejack
11-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Doesn't matter, we have explosive success.

KewlRonduderules
11-05-2007, 08:30 AM

Quite trolling.

We're rakin' in the doe!!!

In fact, you should be banned!!!

I am sick of all your negativity!!!

Because of people like you, I donated $750 today!!!

reduen
11-05-2007, 08:33 AM
OK..Ridiculous and a several dozen others. We have this thread opened for you now to act as your public confessional booth. Let's see how many of ya got real cajones and step forward to eat some crow.

Regards
Randy

LOL!!

Funny stuff..;)

stones88
11-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Quite trolling.

so my donations don't count? k, ban me.

fascist.

Mr. White
11-05-2007, 08:34 AM
Quite trolling.

Wouldn't that indicate that we need more people like him?

Anywho, I'll eat a little just because I figured it would take longer to get past the 1M mark.

That being said, I'm interested to see what effect this will have on the rest of the quarter with so many people altering their donation pattern. I predict a large slump, but will happily eat a lot of crow if I'm wrong on that one.

kylejack
11-05-2007, 08:35 AM
so my donations don't count?
Please explain how you came to that conclusion.

stones88
11-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Please explain how you came to that conclusion.

regarding that my donations don't count? or that he's a fascist?

Brian Bailey
11-05-2007, 08:36 AM
I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I meant to say: Go, Ron Paul!

Better.

Hurricane Bruiser
11-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Loons are wonderful birds and great and accomplishing things other birds can't. Just like us. We will win! Then call us a loon.

I donated and have no real idea on this Guy Fawkes character and don't really care.

KewlRonduderules
11-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Wouldn't that indicate that we need more people like him?

Anywho, I'll eat a little just because I figured it would take longer to get past the 1M mark.

That being said, I'm interested to see what effect this will have on the rest of the quarter with so many people altering their donation pattern. I predict a large slump, but will happily eat a lot of crow if I'm wrong on that one.

Actually, no.

Because these people create and sustain unnecessary conflict with all their negativity.

Being a mental health professional, I pledged to donate more because of such conflict to mitigate the unecessary damage it can cause. if they see real high numbers, more people are likely to donate. That is why I do this- pure psychological my friend.

;)

spiteface
11-05-2007, 08:39 AM

I wouldn't mind hearing how a message board operator could be a fascist for banning you. You sound silly when you just throw the term around with apparently no idea what it means.

stones88
11-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Loons are wonderful birds and great and accomplishing things other birds can't. Just like us. We will win! Then call us a loon.

I donated and have no real idea on this Guy Fawkes character and don't really care.

If you didn't donate in celebration of Guy Fawkes then you're not a loon. Pretty simple.

However if by loon you think I mean "pretty bird", well you're the other kind of loon.

Ron Paul Fan
11-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Of all days to bicker, this is not it! This is an historic day and a turning point in the campaign! If I'm a loon for helping us raise over $2 million in one day and surpassing our total from last quarter in 5 weeks then so be it!

LibertyEagle
11-05-2007, 08:44 AM

Go back to bed, stones. Clearly you got up on the wrong side of the bed.

TruckinMike
11-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Some people don't understand the positive effects of positive thinking. Thus how can you expect a negative minded person have a positive outlook on something if their negative minds keep getting in the way. :D

Catch-22, they're trapped in a miserable down beat world.

I do have empathy..:o

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was motivated into donating specifically because of 11/5! Yes, people are changing their donating re gamine... they are GIVING more, like me!

In fact my sister is donating NOW for the first time because of the 11/5 hype!

TruckinMike

stones88
11-05-2007, 08:45 AM
I wouldn't mind hearing how a message board operator could be a fascist for banning you. You sound silly when you just throw the term around with apparently no idea what it means.

Ban/ censor me for what exactly? Being "negative"? That seems a bit fascist.

Revolution9
11-05-2007, 08:45 AM

fascist.

If they are negative..no. Did you jump on this thread to eat crow ot to disgorge your vomitus?

Randy

Brutus
11-05-2007, 08:46 AM
I don't care why people donate to Ron Paul, the effect is the same -- get his message out.

Revolution9
11-05-2007, 08:48 AM
If you didn't donate in celebration of Guy Fawkes then you're not a loon. Pretty simple.

However if by loon you think I mean "pretty bird", well you're the other kind of loon.

Looky here..It is a yellow bellied sap snarker.

Randy

stones88
11-05-2007, 08:48 AM
If they are negative..no. Did you jump on this thread to eat crow ot to disgorge your vomitus?

Randy

all I wanted to say was that anyone who is donating to celebrate Guy Fawkes is a loon. If all of these donations are coming from Guy Fawkes groupies then yes, I will eat crow.

LibertyEagle
11-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Come on, people. Let's enjoy this day! We are kickin' butt! The more money we raise, the more we can advertise.

We're gonna win!!! :)

ACJohn
Yummy this Crow tastes like Freedom.

James R

fascist.

Stone, don't feel bad. "Kewldood" also wrongly labeled me a "troll". In fact he probably thinks the majority of us are trolls paid for by the Guiliani campaign.

Revolution9
11-05-2007, 08:51 AM
all I wanted to say was that anyone who is donating to celebrate Guy Fawkes is a loon. If all of these donations are coming from Guy Fawkes groupies then yes, I will eat crow.

They are coming from folks who want to help the campaign. Guy Fawkes Day celebrates the STOPPING of a treasonous plot. Pretty appropriate..if ya ain't wearing your undershorts for a hat.

Randy

Ridiculous
11-05-2007, 08:51 AM
I never said I didn't think it will be successful, I thought it would be. And, if you look back you'll see that I prefaced most of my posts on this subject by saying I hope Paul takes in a bunch of money every day, but I don't like the association being made about the 5th.

I am against the V and Guy Fawkes associations. There has already been negative press about the association like I said their would be, and their will probably be more especially since the day is going to be a success.

Now, I know Ron Paul has said things about the 5th, of coarse he hopes any fund raising drive goes well, but he hasn't said anything about V for Vendetta or Guy Fawkes. He probably is now aware of it because of his staffers or the media, but I doubt you'll hear him say anything publicly about that association.

Revolution9
11-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Stone, don't feel bad. "Kewldood" also wrongly labeled me a "troll". In fact he probably thinks the majority of us are trolls paid for by the Guiliani campaign.

But he "wants" to feel bad. Are you going to deny him his freedom to be bound by the chains of feeling bad?

Best
Randy

KewlRonduderules
11-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Come on, people. Let's enjoy this day! We are kickin' butt! The more money we raise, the more we can advertise.

We're gonna win!!! :)

Exactly!!!

:)

stones88
11-05-2007, 08:54 AM
They are coming from folks who want to help the campaign. Guy Fawkes Day celebrates the STOPPING of a treasonous plot. Pretty appropriate..if ya ain't wearing your undershorts for a hat.

Randy

I think you're wrong. These people evoking V for Vendetta think Guy Fawkes is a hero. So basically they're condoning and celebrating a plot of mass murder.

But, maybe I'm wrong.

KewlRonduderules
11-05-2007, 08:56 AM

Yeah, but your tone changed immediately didn't it? ;)

So far from what I have seen, you have been pretty productive.

So I'll eat my OWN words and say "sorry" as promised.

:)

However, do you understand the implications of constant negativity?

There are some who are constantly negative and I believe this goes against the forum rules.

spiteface
11-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Ban/ censor me for what exactly? Being "negative"? That seems a bit fascist.

Um, he can ban you for whatever in the world he wants, what does that have to do with being a fascist? Just say "asshole" or something if that's what you mean. People that yell "fascist" at every perceived slight just sound silly, and make it difficult for anyone who uses the term properly to be taken seriously.

FluffyUnbound
11-05-2007, 08:59 AM
I think you're wrong. These people evoking V for Vendetta think Guy Fawkes is a hero. So basically they're condoning and celebrating a plot of mass murder.

But, maybe I'm wrong.

That's only true if you believe that England had a legitimate government at the time of the plot.

I condone or condemn acts of insurrection based on the character of the regime that is the target of the plot.

A Catholic in England at that time had the moral right to strike back at his oppressors using violence. Of course, the Catholics would probably have established an oppressive regime of their own, given the chance, but that doesn't really impact the evaluation of the discrete act of the Gunpowder Plot itself.

Another way of looking at the question is to ask: If John Brown's plot had succeeded, would he have been in the right or the wrong? Brown was in the wrong in Kansas, but he was in the right at Harper's Ferry millions of times over.

Sorry about the threadjack, and I understand that the campaign could potentially get negative press out of the date association here. But my point is that it would be UNFAIR negative press.

LibertyEagle
11-05-2007, 08:59 AM
stones,

I was one of the people who questioned the association with anything that could be twisted by the MSM as advocating violence. But, the reality is, that is not what this is all about and regardless of what any of us thought, we are here. It is November 5th and it's succeeding. So, we might as well stop the blame game and get back on the same team again. We have an election to win! :)

JaylieWoW
11-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Of all days to bicker, this is not it! This is an historic day and a turning point in the campaign! If I'm a loon for helping us raise over $2 million in one day and surpassing our total from last quarter in 5 weeks then so be it!

Agree... aren't we all in this thing to see to it Ron Paul gets the keys to the White House?

I have not made my donation yet but will do so about mid-day.

For those so opposed to the symbolism of today and the whole Guy Fawkes thing I would ask you consider the following description of what this event means. I think it says best what this day represents from THIS (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=31356) thread:

Anyway, the Republican presidential candidate, Ron Paul, wants to dismantle (figuratively blow up) a number of large government agencies (without people in them of course). His supporters, now numbering at least 3% of registered Republicans and probably numbering at least 3% of the US population, are not anarchists, despite their choice of Monday, November 5th as the day when they try to get 100,000 people to donate $100 each in a "Money Bomb" that would put Ron Paul in the major leagues in terms of being able to compete financially in the 2008 election cycle. Ron Paul has already raised enough money to be considered a first tier candidate (financially), but he wants to break records with the November 5th effort.

Simply put, the symbolism is the "figurative" wish to dismantle overreaching government services into our lives. If anyone reads anything significant, violent or otherwise disturbing into the correlation then they should cease in their constant belittling accusations of Ron Paul supporters being "wacko conspiracy theorists" and should instead consider ordering their own psychiatric treatment. Symbolism is taught and studied in just about any high school literature class as being a valid and artistic means of conveying one's thoughts.

I was excited all weekend to see the results of this event and so far it has certainly lit a beacon of hope for me because any doubts (though few) I've had about support continuing to grow have now been completely decimated.

GO RON PAUL!!

Bryan
11-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Everyone should please remember the forum guidelines:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22
+ No excessive / pointless negativity on the campaign, its future or elements of it. All messages with a negative tone about the campaign from new users must provide supportive facts as to why there is a perceived negative and provide some suggested solutions to the issue.

This isn't in reference to the OP of course.

Question_Authority
11-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Quite trolling.

Raking in the "doe"? OK PEOPLE! Who is donating female deer!??!? I think that is against FEC regulations.

Plus, it's just plain cumbersome.

tmg19103
11-05-2007, 09:10 AM
I had never heard of Fawke or "V" and I was never for the associating Fawkes or "V" with a findraising event - and I am still not, HOWEVER after studying up, I see Guy Fawkes as a revolutionary in the same manner as the Jews who stood up for themselves in the Warsaw Ghetto. Catholics were treated no differently in the late 1500's and early 1600's in England than Jews in Germany in the 1930's.

Guy Fawkes was standing up against religious persecution which involved the bannishment of his religion, with jail or death to those who practiced the Catholic religion.

Thus, while I think it was wise to distance the 5th site from Fawkes or "V" because the media can spin it in negative ways, I view Fawkes as noble for what he was doing - seeking to put an end to a monarchy that really was not different than the regimes of Hitler or Stalin. If Elizabeth I or James I had the weapons Hitler and Stalin had, you can bet there would have been a true holocaust against Catholics of that time in England.

"The Queen died in 1603 without leaving an eligible heir to the throne. Many hoped that Catholic sympathiser James VI, King of Scotland, who succeeded as James I, would now reverse the harsh policies towards them.

"However this was not to be the case, and James I continued the persecution of Catholics in England with new vigour."

http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/web/corporate/pages.nsf/Links/113C29BC42F49F188025702D004DD4B4

"When Elizabeth I of England died in 1603, she left behind a kingdom bitterly divided along religious lines. Under her guidance, the Anglican Church grew in power and closer to Protestantism. At the same time, Catholics were marginalized. When James VI of Scotland took the throne and became James I of England, most Catholics hoped he would bring a more tolerant religious attitude. They were quickly disappointed."

http://britishhistory.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_gunpowder_plot

Spirit of '76
11-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Yummy this Crow tastes like Freedom.

lol

filmmaker58
11-05-2007, 09:16 AM
It's about freedom. "The people shouldn't fear their government". Forget Guy Fawke. The symbolism is more about one man not being afraid to speak out can make a difference. And he certainly has. "Just come home"

Perry
11-05-2007, 09:17 AM
I have never been so happy to eat crow in my entire life!

KewlRonduderules
11-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Raking in the "doe"? OK PEOPLE! Who is donating female deer!??!? I think that is against FEC regulations.

Plus, it's just plain cumbersome.

LOL!!!

:D

Elwar
11-05-2007, 09:20 AM
I was a bit wary of this because the donations fell by quite a bit in the past two weeks.

If we get more than a million for each of those weeks then by all means...serve it up.

I do recall seeing one article on donklephant talking about Ron Paul not reaching his $4 million goal for October... send them a plate.

speciallyblend
11-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Crow Cookies with a lil special something something,ready to be served to the naysayers:)

wwycher
11-05-2007, 10:10 AM
From what I know about Guy Fawkes, he was the part of a movement to throw off religious tyranny,soun familiar. I think he was just the one elected to light the fuse. I hope this is the metaphoric, non-violent, peaceful even, fuse that gets lit today.
Tu Ne Cede Malis! It is time to stand against tyranny, that would and wants to end this great experiment.
Remember the fifth of November, the British do, they burn his effigy every year to celebrate his failure and his hanging, along with the hanging of hundreds of others who fought against tyranny.
Yes, lets make this a day to remember.

yongrel
11-05-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm pleased to see that the money bomb thingy is a success.

Hopefully, this will make up for the abyssmal fundraising numbers we've had for the past two or three weeks, which are arguably a result of theis fundraising whatchamacallit.

Spirit of '76
11-05-2007, 10:17 AM
From what I know about Guy Fawkes, he was the part of a movement to throw off religious tyranny,soun familiar.

No, he just wanted to institute a Catholic theocracy and force tyranny on Protestants, as had been the case under the rule of Bloody Mary Tudor who, just decades before, had been burning Protestants at the stake.

All of these religious fanatics tearing Europe apart at the time should be viewed with distaste by American freedom lovers who value our religious liberty. Guy Fawkes was no hero fighting for religious liberty, he was just another theocrat fighting to reinstate his own favored brand of religious tyranny.

That said, the Nov. 5 fundraiser is awesome. I donated for Ron Paul, not for Guy Fawkes.

work2win
11-05-2007, 10:25 AM
There is one message that unites us all, and brings in the money. That is the message of Ron Paul.

tmg19103
11-05-2007, 10:26 AM
From what I know about Guy Fawkes, he was the part of a movement to throw off religious tyranny,soun familiar. I think he was just the one elected to light the fuse. I hope this is the metaphoric, non-violent, peaceful even, fuse that gets lit today.
Tu Ne Cede Malis! It is time to stand against tyranny, that would and wants to end this great experiment.
Remember the fifth of November, the British do, they burn his effigy every year to celebrate his failure and his hanging, along with the hanging of hundreds of others who fought against tyranny.
Yes, lets make this a day to remember.

If today is the fuse that gets Ron Paul elected, then the U.S. will have its own reason to "Remember, remember the 5th of November" - the day Ron Paul showed the MSM and the world that he is top-tier and a force to be reckoned with.

Throw in the Philly Rally, and this week will be worth millions upon millions of free advertising on top of all the donations. This is nothing short of AMAZING! There is Hope for America!

MSNBC just stated polls show 73% of Americans are not happy with the direction of the country and 65% of Americans believe we are headed into a recession. The Perfect Storm that gets Ron Paul elected is not just on the horizon - it is fast approaching.

Revolution9
11-05-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm pleased to see that the money bomb thingy is a success.

Hopefully, this will make up for the abyssmal fundraising numbers we've had for the past two or three weeks, which are arguably a result of theis fundraising whatchamacallit.

Actually..the economy tanking, milk, meat, bread and petroleum have gone up as much or more than a dollar per unit (quart/gallo9n/pound and rent and bills coming due are more liely the cause. Some in the northern states got their first heating bills..Probably another financial shock. Now the rent and mortage have been paid and this is the first week of the month when those who do not have high incomes and live from paycheque to paycheque have some cash to spare before putting away a good portion of the next three cheques to hit the bills and rent/mortgage.

Best Regards
Randy

hellah10
11-05-2007, 10:28 AM
I admit...

Im eating crow... big time...

libertythor
11-05-2007, 10:31 AM
On my Ron Paul Radio program I told people repeatedly to quit being negative, and I predicted a million. We already surpassed that. I confess to underestimating....but not to poopooing this day. :)

wwycher
11-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Let us buy our country back.

Spirit of '76
11-05-2007, 10:37 AM
If Elizabeth I or James I had the weapons Hitler and Stalin had, you can bet there would have been a true holocaust against Catholics of that time in England.

Oh, please. Spare us the hyperbole.

If you only just learned who Guy Fawkes was recently, then you obviously lack the historical understanding to frame his actions appropriately in the context of the Wars of Religion sweeping Europe in those days. Catholics and Protestants had both been persecuting each other in various countries and various regimes throughout the period.

The marginalization of Catholics under James, who even allowed Catholic lords to attend court so long as they swore that the king was not subject to the pope, pales in comparison to the acts of Mary Tudor, who violently murdered hundreds of Protestants.

And if you want to draw comparisons to a "holocaust", you'd be far better served to look at the treatment of the Protestant Huguenots in France, where as many as a hundred thousand were slaughtered on a single day, an act for which Pope Gregory XIII said a special mass giving thanks to God for the murders, commissioned a mural commemorating the massacre to be painted in the Vatican, and even had a special papal medallion made to celebrate the slaughter.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8d/Massacre_saint_barthelemy.jpg/571px-Massacre_saint_barthelemy.jpg
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9418/gregorymedal1zw4.jpg

Again, none of these religious fanatics -- including Guy Fawkes -- should be viewed as heroes. These were the type of people our forefathers left Europe to avoid, and they are the reason the Founders had the foresight to ensconce religious liberty in our Constitution.

Please continue to donate today, but do it for Ron Paul, not for Guy Fawkes.

tmg19103
11-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Oh, please. Spare us the hyperbole.

If you only just learned who Guy Fawkes was recently, then you obviously lack the historical understanding to frame his actions appropriately in the context of the Wars of Religion sweeping Europe in those days. Catholics and Protestants had both been persecuting each other in various countries and various regimes throughout the period.

The marginalization of Catholics under James, who even allowed Catholic lords to attend court so long as they swore that the king was not subject to the pope, pales in comparison to the acts of Mary Tudor, who violently murdered hundreds of Protestants.

And if you want to draw comparisons to a "holocaust", you'd be far better served to look at the treatment of the Protestant Huguenots in France, where as many as a hundred thousand were slaughtered on a single day, an act for which Pope Gregory XIII said a special mass giving thanks to God for the murders, commissioned a mural commemorating the massacre to be painted in the Vatican, and even had a special papal medallion made to celebrate the slaughter.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8d/Massacre_saint_barthelemy.jpg/571px-Massacre_saint_barthelemy.jpg
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9418/gregorymedal1zw4.jpg

Again, none of these religious fanatics -- including Guy Fawkes -- should be viewed as heroes. These were the type of people our forefathers left Europe to avoid, and they are the reason the Founders had the foresight to ensconce religious liberty in our Constitution.

Please continue to donate today, but do it for Ron Paul, not for Guy Fawkes.

Chill dude. We are trying to keep things positive on this great day. Stop raining on the parade. The 5th has been and will continue to be an HUGE success. Let's focus on that.

M.Bellmore
11-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Quite trolling.

Ah the strategy worked then! :D

Spirit of '76
11-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Chill dude. We are trying to keep things positive on this great day. Stop raining on the parade. The 5th has been and will continue to be an HUGE success. Let's focus on that.

I'm not trying to rain on the parade or detract from the fundraiser in any way. I think it's a great day.

I'm just trying to clear up some disinfo with historical fact.

But yeah, I'm all for focusing on celebrating Ron Paul today. :)

Ra_
11-05-2007, 11:08 AM
I think someone in the Radio Chat named Freedomman said it best;

"I feel like I'm on eBay, bidding on Freedom!"

max
11-05-2007, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE=Revolution9;350450]OK..Ridiculous and a several dozen others. We have this thread opened for you now to act as your public confessional booth. Let's see how many of ya got real cajones and step forward to eat some crow.

Regards
Randy[/QUOTE

I came on here to post this exact same sentiment...but you beat me to it.

Lets hope November 5th teaches these naysayers a lesson....BOLDNESS WORKS!

Damn shame the Vendetta theme was removed from this effort...It would have been a nice media touch.

Anyway...lets get ready for the Boston Tea Party!

sandersondavis
11-05-2007, 11:18 AM
I didn't like the November 5th idea.
Now I have to admit that the idea is growing on me.
I guess its catching on!

Snowfire
11-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Caw! Caw!

I'll admit, I was hopeful -- yet secretly doubtful.

Off to donate again......

DeadheadForPaul
11-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Glad the money bomb is working

Kind of wish he hadnt set the goal at 10 mill though - that's pretty unrealistic. I expect to finish out around 3 mill

American
11-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Not that I care but did stones88 get banned?

sedele
11-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Glad the money bomb is working

Kind of wish he hadnt set the goal at 10 mill though - that's pretty unrealistic. I expect to finish out around 3 mill

Shoot for the stars, hit the moon.

manny
11-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Guys we're all on the same team!! Today is a happy today however you cut it so we should celebrate.

I think the real crow eaters will be Rudy/Romney/McCain/Thompson - imagine how gutted they will have to be to tell their backers that they won't be getting those huge orders for F35 fighters and nukes to lauch at Iran.

Actually scratch that. The crow eaters today are the mass media. All the mud they've thrown at Ron Paul, the loaded questions, the times they've ignored him. That guy who deliberately twisted Paul's words and asked "so you want us to take orders from al quaeda?" - he should be eating his words. Everyone here is cool, remember who the bad guys are!

rrcamp
11-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Naysayers, I love you. V people, I love you. Don't you see? We all need each other! If the V thing sucked, we'd have Nov 11th to fall back on, or the Tea Party or the money bombs or the Philly rally.

Disagreements breed innovation. If everyone jumped on the Windows bandwagon, we wouldn’t have Linux.

So instead of trying to make the naysayers feel bad, I salute them for being different, just as I salute you crazy-ass mask wearing V people! :-D

manny
11-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Naysayers, I love you. V people, I love you. Don't you see? We all need each other! If the V thing sucked, we'd have Nov 11th to fall back on, or the Tea Party or the money bombs or the Philly rally.

Disagreements breeds innovation. If everyone jumped on the Windows bandwagon, we wouldn’t have Linux.

So instead of trying to make the naysayers feel bad, I salute them for being different, just as I salute you crazy-ass mask wearing V people! :-D

LOL - well said :D

TooConservative
11-05-2007, 12:06 PM

Guy Fawkes Day is normally celebrated with bonfires where effigies of Guy Fawkes and sometimes an effigy of the pope are burned. So it is a pretty Protestant thing.

If they donate to celebrate some musty Catholic terrorist, who are we to object?

Pour it on.