PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to alexaforronpaul!!!

BattleFlag1776
09-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Fox News played her video submitted for the upcoming debate this morning and asked "special guest" Mike Huckabee to provide an answer. He basically said it was a good question and took his leave but the video was shown and they did cite Alexa by name! So congratulations to her!

Of special note: Huckabee was there to give his opinion of Jimmy Carter's endorsement of Mitt Romney!

Join The Paul Side
09-16-2011, 08:42 AM
I saw that! I was wondering if that was her. Do we have a star in the making? :D

Is it possible Fox will run that video question during the debate?

flightlesskiwi
09-16-2011, 08:51 AM
this is great!! i hope they use it in the debate!!

alexaforronpaul
09-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Oh my gosh!!! Video please!!!

sailingaway
09-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Congrats Alexa!!

I hope they use it in the debate, too!

Eric21ND
tubez

Revolution9

I am so pleased to see your work pay off for you. I think you are finding your future.

Best
Rev9

sailingaway
09-16-2011, 08:57 AM

fox has a video section you can search by words in the video, I understand, so you might be able to search for your video at their site. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but folks here do it. If anyone has the tube, post it!

brushfire
09-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Good work, and thanks!

Travlyr
09-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Congratulations Alexa!

alexaforronpaul
09-16-2011, 09:00 AM
I just saw it on the Fox News Website!! I don't know how to download it though!!

JamesButabi
09-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Wow thats awesome! Grats Alexa! Did they play any others or was that the solo choice?

SchleckBros
http://video.foxnews.com/#/v/1163326210001/younger-generation-wants-answers-on-national-debt/?playlist_id=87937

Nate-ForLiberty
I just saw it on the Fox News Website!! I don't know how to download it though!!

where is
http://mobilityupdate.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/d-link-logo.jpg????? :)

Nate-ForLiberty
http://video.foxnews.com/#/v/1163326210001/younger-generation-wants-answers-on-national-debt/?playlist_id=87937

oh there it is :p

Bruno
09-16-2011, 09:04 AM
congrats, Alexa!

alexaforronpaul
09-16-2011, 09:05 AM
Is there anyway to put this on YouTube! (:!

Nate-ForLiberty
09-16-2011, 09:06 AM
holy smokes, Huckachucka put the weight back on already! :eek:

ShowMeLiberty
09-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Wow - Huck's getting tubby again. But congrats to Alexa - you're making waves! :)

KingNothing
Wonder if it will lead to more subscribers.

EDIT: Can't really the username on the Fox video, so probably not.

Travlyr
Mike Huckabee couldn't answer the question. Maybe Ron Paul can.

orenbus
09-16-2011, 09:11 AM
I noticed her video moved up from page 19 to 9 here:

hxxp://www.youtube.com/foxnews

Unless they are counting the votes in thousands (because currently it says 20 up votes) not sure if those numbers mean anything, all of a sudden its showing some down votes which were not there before and how could anyone really downvote this video? Seems kind of weird perhaps some producer creative editing going on with the numbers?

Posted below in another thread some time ago when she was asking for help on up votes to move her video to page 1 so that it gets selected as a video for the debate. In any case if anyone devious enough wants to create a script to make it easier to vote for the video or allow navigation directly to it, such a script may help out...
;)

Was looking at the javascript and data going back and forth on their app was trying to figure out a way to make it easy for people to just flip right to the page your video is on to make it easier to vote for, but couldn't find an easy way to implement it in less than a few minutes (don't have a lot of time).

In any case I was checking data going back and forth between client and server and found this when clicking on like on your video, not sure but it's possible they may not have any security around the voting system even though they are using a session key probably for general traffic tracking. In any case if anyone wants to try using the link. :)

hxxp://yt-debates.appspot.com/question/5440668/vote/up

It sends back a {"valid":true} which is interesting. ;)

Fermli
09-16-2011, 09:17 AM
in before alexa has a million subscribers.

as for huck's answer... i hate how he and others separate economic growth from cutting spending. They are basically the same thing. It's just a way to avoid angering voters by not talking about cutting spending.

Conza88
09-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Is there anyway to put this on YouTube! (:!

Yes. Can download it directly, 2gb file. Use downloadhelper.net, comes in a .flv file and you can re-upload that straight away.

Or I can use a prog that captures the stream, and then upload that.

sailingaway
09-16-2011, 09:18 AM
I noticed her video moved up from page 19 to 9 here:

hxxp://www.youtube.com/foxnews

Unless they are counting the votes in thousands (because currently it says 20 up votes) not sure if those numbers mean anything, all of a sudden its showing some down votes which were not there before and how could anyone really downvote this video? Seems kind of weird perhaps some producer creative editing going on with the numbers?

Posted below in another thread some time ago when she was asking for help on up votes to move her video to page 1 so that it gets selected as a video for the debate. In any case if anyone devious enough wants to create a script to make it easier to vote for the video or allow navigation directly to it, such a script may help out...
;)

I suspect they were people who wanted their own videos to have the most votes....

JohnGalt23g
09-16-2011, 09:19 AM

I would think you have the video already... after all you submitted it, didn't you?

:D

Orwell
09-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Mike Huckabee couldn't answer the question. Maybe Ron Paul can.

Actually, that was a text book answer. Any professor in economics will tell you the same thing. Historically speaking, we've always controlled debt by increasing GDP. The problem recently is real GDP is so far behind potential GDP.

Now whether or not you agree with that is another thing, but he did give a straight answer.

jmdrake
09-16-2011, 09:24 AM

Great question! And congrats for getting recognized on Fox News. Side note, I didn't realize you were at UT. There's a YAL chapter at Vanderbilt. Do they have anything like that at UT yet?

Nate-ForLiberty
09-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Actually, that was a text book answer. Any professor in economics will tell you the same thing. Historically speaking, we've always controlled debt by increasing GDP. The problem recently is real GDP is so far behind potential GDP.

Now whether or not you agree with that is another thing, but he did give a straight answer.

Do you understand that you just said we control debt by creating more debt?

Bruno
09-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Don't forget all the little people you met along the way... :)

pauliticalfan
09-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Big congrats to Alexa! So happy for her.

On a side note, has the Huckster gained some lbs or what!

Orwell
09-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Do you understand that you just said we control debt by creating more debt?

GDP are debt are not the same thing. You also have to understand that even if Dr. Paul is president it's very unlikely the budget will be balanced. For one, he'd have to go through congress.

Fermli
09-16-2011, 09:33 AM
I ripped the video and sent a download link to alexa.

Dreamofunity
09-16-2011, 09:34 AM
What's with Huckabee's tie?

puppetmaster
09-16-2011, 09:35 AM
not my favorite question....way to softball and spun too easily

Travlyr
09-16-2011, 09:37 AM

It was a two part question, "Under your presidency, about how long do you predict it would take you to see a surplus in our budget? And what would you do to make it happen as quickly as possible?"

Huckabee answered how he would go about it, but he could not say when.

Edit: You are right. I do not agree with him on how to go about it. Bankers need to do like other business do. They need to operate honestly, and they need to sink or swim without taxpayers backing them.

Nate-ForLiberty
09-16-2011, 09:45 AM
GDP are debt are not the same thing. You also have to understand that even if Dr. Paul is president it's very unlikely the budget will be balanced. For one, he'd have to go through congress.

You're right, they aren't the same thing. But government deficit spending is included in the GDP. Therefore, to "raise" GDP, a government spends more. And a government who spends more than it collects in taxes has to borrow and go further into debt. Therefore, you cannot control government debt by "raising" GDP.

And besides that, GDP doesn't even mean anything. "Too much aggregation"

flightlesskiwi
09-16-2011, 09:55 AM
in before alexa has a million subscribers.

as for huck's answer... i hate how he and others separate economic growth from cutting spending. They are basically the same thing. It's just a way to avoid angering voters by not talking about cutting spending.

He certainly did pander, didn't he??

alexaforronpaul
09-16-2011, 10:01 AM
OKAY GUYS!! IT's UPLOADED! WOO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqBmOHqJeFo

Thanks so much to Fermli !!

FA.Hayek
09-16-2011, 10:09 AM
congrats!!! to echo many others, is huckabee gaining all that weight back? on a more serious note, what about huck's "get off the bankers and let credit flowing again?" keynsian to the core!! We need to help Ron educate these people that it's that kind of thinking is what got us into this mess and the collapse of the housing bubble being the latest example..

Brian4Liberty
09-16-2011, 10:32 AM
I saw that! I was wondering if that was her. Do we have a star in the making? :D

Is it possible Fox will run that video question during the debate?

Since they already used it in that spot, they might not use it in the debate.

I am so pleased to see your work pay off for you. I think you are finding your future.

Fox News Anchor in the making. Next a spot on Freedom Watch?

Don't sell out to the establishment Alexa! ;)

brandon
09-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Pretty generic softball question IMO.

Kords21
09-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Good job Alexa! Brains and beauty with a topping of liberty, what a combination!

LawnWake
09-16-2011, 10:43 AM
First of all, congrats alexa!

Secondly, I love how Huckabee gave the most typical GOP non-answer you could possibly imagine. Yurrr git the government out n junk and like create environment for trade n shizzz hell yeah!

Darin
09-16-2011, 10:45 AM
is huckabee gaining all that weight back?

Typical. Republicans seem to be using their 'stand in the way then blame the President when it fails' strategy on the First Lady now. That's pretty low! Looks like now they're out to prove that Michelle Obama's anti-obesity campaign is a failure too! Just politics as usual. But you're risking your health, Mike! How far can you all take this?! Will it never end?!

Anyway, congrats Alexa!

- Darin

V3n
09-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Congratulations!! Very exciting to see you hit national television!! I'm very happy for you! Keep up the good work! :D

They could still use it in the debate - "We asked Huckabee this, now it's your turn..." or even if they don't, this is still very cool!

musicmax
09-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Looks like now they're out to prove that Michelle Obama's anti-obesity campaign is a failure too!

White House Super Bowl Party menu, released by the White House:

*Bratwurst

*Kielbasa

*Cheeseburgers
*Deep Dish Pizza

*Buffalo Wings

*German Potato Salad
*Twice Baked Potatoes
*Snyders Potato Chips and Pretzels

*Chips and Dips

*Salad

*Ice Cream

SpicyTurkey
09-16-2011, 10:51 AM
I watched the video, and all I can think of...Damn Huck is fat.

All that aside, congrats Alexa.

alexaforronpaul
09-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Thank you so much everyone!! Oh yeah!! And by the way, I didn't cut my hair for the FoxNews Debate question....I guess it was the lighting that showed that lol. Oh well! Anyways, I'm hoping to make some new videos next Tuesday, I've been so busy with a lot of things going on in my life! But I can't wait to make some more videos!!! (:

KingNothing
09-16-2011, 11:06 AM
not my favorite question....way to softball and spun too easily

Agreed. Every candidate can handle that one in a debate.

CaptainAmerica
09-16-2011, 11:12 AM
COOL. they actually decided to show some normal Ron Paul campaigners and not some crazy drunk dude yelling "Constitution"

Kimmie
09-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Saw the whole video on your website, Alexa. great question and impressive presentation. Keep up the good work.

mlee45
09-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Agreed. Every candidate can handle that one in a debate.

Why Don't you make a video then :P

Maximus
09-16-2011, 11:19 AM
This is awesome! Congrats!

And those bashing the question- let the establishment candidates give establishment answers, it lets Paul come in and drop a nuke on everything.

And dang Huck, read your own damn book already
http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/_images/ISBNCovers/Covers_Enlarged/9781931722780_388X586.jpg

KingNothing
09-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Why Don't you make a video then :P

Hm. I am strikingly handsome. Maybe I should.

kojirodensetsu
09-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Wowza Alexa is pretty.

KingNothing
09-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Wowza Alexa is pretty.

They include women on the internet now?

Cabal
09-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Well done Alexa.

The Gold Standard
09-16-2011, 11:59 AM

Paul could try to balance the budget by vetoing any bill that increases the debt ceiling. Of course, Congress would override him, but he does have that option. He can also bring troops home without Congressional approval. There is a lot of fat he can cut without Congress, not all of it, but a good amount.

Eric21ND
09-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Such a non answer from the huckster.

justinpagewood
09-16-2011, 02:33 PM
This is awesome! Congrats!

And those bashing the question- let the establishment candidates give establishment answers, it lets Paul come in and drop a nuke on everything.

And dang Huck, read your own damn book already
http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/_images/ISBNCovers/Covers_Enlarged/9781931722780_388X586.jpg

Lol, so funny. His book is always reviewed by Schwartzenegger, who has an excellent reputation for making lots of children (and No New Taxes!)

MJU1983
09-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Such a non answer from the huckster.

Those were the most appropriate talking points he could think of. lol

Aratus
09-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Alexa!!! congrats & way to go!!!

CableNewsJunkie
09-17-2011, 12:33 AM
This question offers Ron the opportunity to explain to the public that the debt CANNOT be paid off due to the nature of the debt-money monetary system.

Chris Martenson's "The Crash Course" does an excellent job of explaining this.

The system depends on ever-increasing amounts of debt just to sustain itself - and since all the money in circulation IS debt that is due back one day in the future AT INTEREST, it means more debt-money must be issued just to service the future interest payments - but this expansion is also coupled with an expansion of the required future interest payments - rinse - repeat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcc-TqvCXqU

Chainspell
09-17-2011, 12:46 AM
great... they showed it there coz they dont wanna ask it on the debates..

sorry about being negative but when you think about it. them doing that serves 2 purposes:
- it appeases the viewers who voted for alexa
- then they have an excuse for not showing it in the debates

why would you show a video question like that if it was going to be shown in the debates?

im very hoping im wrong and that they use her video! viewers at home watching the debate might go to youtube and look her up!!!

parocks
09-17-2011, 03:04 AM
You definitely could / should be the spokesperson front person for any number of projects.

Clearly even Fox liked what you have.

You could be explaining, selling almost anything on your youtube clips.

Might you take suggestions? Someone could give you a script and you can film that, upload it, do what you normally do.

You could have a category of "tips for meetups" "tips for grassroots activism". Any sort of thing. And your face on a clip will become a trademark of quality, provided your other clips are bringing the quality.

You certainly do seem to like being up there, so putting you up there as much as possible might be best. You likely will become at least slightly famous, I would think that you'd be in demand at Ron Paul events.

Sola_Fide
09-17-2011, 03:24 AM
OKAY GUYS!! IT's UPLOADED! WOO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqBmOHqJeFo

Thanks so much to Fermli !!

Huckabee's answer was extremely lacking.

Congrats on a question that stumps the politicians, Alexa.

Johnnymac
09-17-2011, 03:45 AM
Hicks pickin up around the waist :p

puppetmaster
09-17-2011, 04:26 AM
Good. Job. I personally like the kids question about how much money do I deserve to keep out of what I earn. We need direct non spinable questions like that. Only Ron could answer that with "all of it" and that would be a home run.

squarepusher
09-17-2011, 04:30 AM
Pretty generic softball question IMO.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/087/536/1292102239519.gif?1292102396

CUnknown
09-17-2011, 10:15 AM
This question offers Ron the opportunity to explain to the public that the debt CANNOT be paid off due to the nature of the debt-money monetary system.

Chris Martenson's "The Crash Course" does an excellent job of explaining this.

The system depends on ever-increasing amounts of debt just to sustain itself - and since all the money in circulation IS debt that is due back one day in the future AT INTEREST, it means more debt-money must be issued just to service the future interest payments - but this expansion is also coupled with an expansion of the required future interest payments - rinse - repeat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcc-TqvCXqU

Yes, absolutely you're right. If the government runs a surplus, it causes deflation, so debt can never be paid off. Since the government can't run a surplus, the only question is what to spend the money on (tax cuts, entitlements, endless war).

With the current system, you know, we might as well shrink government so much that it can function on the deficit alone, and have no tax income of any kind. At least then it wouldn't harm the economy by taxation. It would seem rediculous to the average person, though. Income: 0, Deficit: 1.5 trillion! LOL...

speciallyblend
09-17-2011, 10:33 AM
way to go alexa, now not sure if you have heard this song but you were probably born after it was made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od9FkRvvnrg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od9FkRvvnrg I have a 22 yr old daughter(step daughter but samething in my eyes)!! I am very proud of you!!

iamse7en
09-21-2011, 02:41 PM
That's pretty cool, actually.