PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry We are getting somewhere!

NickOdell
09-15-2011, 07:25 PM
So since Rick Perry has entered the race, my parents have moved from liking Romney to liking Perry. I describe my parents a little here I think: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?293032-Debate-with-parents-on-legalizing-drugs&p=3275841#post3275841

Our neighbors are "faith healers" (you may have seen the group on the news recently) and basically they believe in not going to doctors but instead praying for healing. Well just recently one of their kids died and they have been all over the local news over whether they should be punished for allowing their kid to die by not seeking medical attention. I asked my moms opinion, should they be punished or not, and she concluded that its a "slippery slope to allow gov. to tell us what we need to do medically, what doctors we need to see" etc. I hinted at Rick Perry with "well then you can't like dad's favorite politician" to which she responds with how horrible it is to force immunizations on girls.

We need to keep hitting this point hard. Eventually when people hear Rick Perry they will immediately think of forced HPV vaccinations. For all the media attention he is getting, this could be the thing to get his poll numbers to peak and start dropping.

Anyways, I just found this encouraging as I really didn't expect it out of my mom and thought I would share. Keep up the good work! We are winning the intellectual fight, without a doubt.

-Nick

wgadget
09-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Neocon shill Erick Erickson of RedState has proclaimed Slick Rick the GOP nominee. He also says that Bachmann's hyperbole about the vaccine giving her child mental retardation took all the heat off of Perry. I think he's wrong.