PDA

View Full Version : CT - FL - NY - Local, state cops and TSA, busted in drug running racket.

Anti Federalist
09-15-2011, 05:26 PM
TSA Officers, N.Y. and Fla. Cops Involved In Illegal Oxycodone Operation, Feds Allege

http://articles.courant.com/2011-09-13/news/hc-stamford-tsa-drug-arrests-0914-20110913_1_oxycodone-pills-tsa-officers-drugs-and-cash

September 13, 2011|By STEPHEN BUSEMEYER, sbusemeyer@courant.com, The Hartford CourantSTAMFORD — Transportation Security Administration officers from Florida and New York, as well as local police in both states, conspired in a scheme to ship tens of thousands of oxycodone pills to New York and Connecticut, federal and local officials said Tuesday.

Three TSA officers, a Westchester County police officer and a Florida state trooper were arrested, along with seven Connecticut residents who bought the drugs, according to a press release from the U.S. Attorney's office.

The investigation began when the Drug Enforcement Administration arrested a man who had traveled from West Palm Beach, Fla., to Stamford to sell oxycodone. They caught him with about 6,000 pills in a hotel in Stamford in April, according to a press release.

He admitted that he had been trafficking oxycodone from Florida to Connecticut for about a year. He said he traveled here several times a week, carrying up to 8,000 oxycodone pills per trip, sold the drugs and returned to Florida by car or airplane with the cash.

To run the operation, the man said, he gave cash and gift cards to certain TSA employees who screened passengers and luggage at Palm Beach International Airport and at Westchester County Airport in White Plains, N.Y.

The TSA officers would let him through with the drugs on his person or in his carry-on luggage, he told authorities.

He said he paid a Westchester County Police officer more than $20,000 over the year to ensure that he could carry the cash through airport security in White Plains.

And he also paid off a Florida State Trooper and gave checks to the trooper's fiancée to ensure that he could travel freely through central Florida, he told authorities.

A DEA task force, along with federal, state and local officials, worked with the man and another confidential witness to monitor the drug trafficking, the release states.

The people arrested were:

* Christopher Allen, 45, of Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., a TSA officer based at the Palm Beach airport.

* John Best, 30, of Port St. Lucie, Fla., a TSA officer based at the Palm Beach airport.

* Brigitte Jones, 48, of The Bronx, N.Y., a TSA officer based at Westchester County Airport.

* Michael Brady, 36, of New York, a Westchester County Department of Public Safety police officer.

* Justin Kolves, 28, of Florida, a Florida State Highway Patrol trooper.

* Jessica Douglas, 28, of Florida. Douglas is Kolves' fiancée.

* Sami Naber, 51, of Yonkers, N.Y., who police said rented vehicles to transport the drugs and exchanged cash.

* Emmanuel Babe, 38, of Mount Kisco, N.Y., who police said transported drugs and cash.

* Wilner Castelin, 42, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla, who police said transported drugs and cash.

* Bruce Yazdzik, 28, of Waterbury; David Gaudiosi, 26, of Waterbury; and Patrick Serafine, 26, of Waterbury, who authorities said bought large quantities of oxycodone and distributed it to street dealers.

* Marivette Alicea, 21, of Waterbury; Christopher Roderick, 31, of Canterbury; Steven Stopper, 46, of Naugatuck, and Kevin Lund, 38, of Naugatuck, who were involved with buying and distributing the drugs, authorities said.

* Bernard Famiglietti, 49, of Watebury, and Sandra Canfield, 30, of Waterbury, were also charged with possession with intent to distribute oxycodone, a charge that also carries a maximum imprisonment of 20 years and a fine of up to $1 million.

phill4paul
09-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Just a guess but I'd bet the civilians are gonna pull more time.

Anti Federalist
09-15-2011, 05:31 PM

Good to see you around brother.

Oh, and I suspect you're right.

MikeStanart
09-15-2011, 05:31 PM
I personally don't care whether or not people sell drugs;

But if it's the one's who are enforcing supposed "drug laws", let them take the maximum sentence; those hypocritical a-holes!

EDIT: Jurry nullification for the civillians!

Kotin
09-15-2011, 05:33 PM

great to see you around again!!

phill4paul
09-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Good to see you around brother.

Oh, and I suspect you're right.

great to see you around again!!

Thanks! And AF I'll give ya call in the next couple weeks and do some catching up. Send me a message and let me know your in port schedule.

Anti Federalist
09-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Thanks! And AF I'll give ya call in the next couple weeks and do some catching up. Send me a message and let me know your in port schedule.

Will do.

donnay
09-15-2011, 06:52 PM
TSA Officers, N.Y. and Fla. Cops Involved In Illegal Oxycodone Operation, Feds Allege

http://articles.courant.com/2011-09-13/news/hc-stamford-tsa-drug-arrests-0914-20110913_1_oxycodone-pills-tsa-officers-drugs-and-cash

September 13, 2011|By STEPHEN BUSEMEYER, sbusemeyer@courant.com, The Hartford CourantSTAMFORD — Transportation Security Administration officers from Florida and New York, as well as local police in both states, conspired in a scheme to ship tens of thousands of oxycodone pills to New York and Connecticut, federal and local officials said Tuesday.

Three TSA officers, a Westchester County police officer and a Florida state trooper were arrested, along with seven Connecticut residents who bought the drugs, according to a press release from the U.S. Attorney's office.

The investigation began when the Drug Enforcement Administration arrested a man who had traveled from West Palm Beach, Fla., to Stamford to sell oxycodone. They caught him with about 6,000 pills in a hotel in Stamford in April, according to a press release.

He admitted that he had been trafficking oxycodone from Florida to Connecticut for about a year. He said he traveled here several times a week, carrying up to 8,000 oxycodone pills per trip, sold the drugs and returned to Florida by car or airplane with the cash.

To run the operation, the man said, he gave cash and gift cards to certain TSA employees who screened passengers and luggage at Palm Beach International Airport and at Westchester County Airport in White Plains, N.Y.

The TSA officers would let him through with the drugs on his person or in his carry-on luggage, he told authorities.

He said he paid a Westchester County Police officer more than $20,000 over the year to ensure that he could carry the cash through airport security in White Plains.

And he also paid off a Florida State Trooper and gave checks to the trooper's fiancée to ensure that he could travel freely through central Florida, he told authorities.

A DEA task force, along with federal, state and local officials, worked with the man and another confidential witness to monitor the drug trafficking, the release states.

The people arrested were:

* Christopher Allen, 45, of Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., a TSA officer based at the Palm Beach airport.

* John Best, 30, of Port St. Lucie, Fla., a TSA officer based at the Palm Beach airport.

* Brigitte Jones, 48, of The Bronx, N.Y., a TSA officer based at Westchester County Airport.

* Michael Brady, 36, of New York, a Westchester County Department of Public Safety police officer.

* Justin Kolves, 28, of Florida, a Florida State Highway Patrol trooper.

* Jessica Douglas, 28, of Florida. Douglas is Kolves' fiancée.

* Sami Naber, 51, of Yonkers, N.Y., who police said rented vehicles to transport the drugs and exchanged cash.

* Emmanuel Babe, 38, of Mount Kisco, N.Y., who police said transported drugs and cash.

* Wilner Castelin, 42, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla, who police said transported drugs and cash.

* Bruce Yazdzik, 28, of Waterbury; David Gaudiosi, 26, of Waterbury; and Patrick Serafine, 26, of Waterbury, who authorities said bought large quantities of oxycodone and distributed it to street dealers.

* Marivette Alicea, 21, of Waterbury; Christopher Roderick, 31, of Canterbury; Steven Stopper, 46, of Naugatuck, and Kevin Lund, 38, of Naugatuck, who were involved with buying and distributing the drugs, authorities said.

* Bernard Famiglietti, 49, of Watebury, and Sandra Canfield, 30, of Waterbury, were also charged with possession with intent to distribute oxycodone, a charge that also carries a maximum imprisonment of 20 years and a fine of up to $1 million.

Did Rush Limbaugh stop "doctor-shopping" and rely on TSA contacts now for his hillbilly heroin? :D

Anti Federalist
09-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Did Rush Limbaugh stop "doctor-shopping" and rely on TSA contacts now for his hillbilly heroin? :D

LoL