PDA

View Full Version : Alan Greenspan:The "Shabby Secret" of Welfare States

WarDog
09-15-2011, 03:28 PM
In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value. If there were, the government would have to make its holding illegal, as was done in the case of gold. If everyone decided, for example, to convert all his bank deposits to silver or copper or any other good, and thereafter declined to accept checks as payment for goods, bank deposits would lose their purchasing power and government-created bank credit would be worthless as a claim on goods. The financial policy of the welfare state requires that there be no way for the owners of wealth to protect themselves.

This is the shabby secret of the welfare statists' tirades against gold. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights. If one grasps this, one has no difficulty in understanding the statists' antagonism toward the gold standard."
-- Alan Greenspan, Gold and Economic Freedom, 1966

ISRAEL: THE TRINITY
Is = Isis or Goddess of Magic
Ra = The sun god
El = Father of all gods
Research the supreme court of Israel & you will find the Freemason symbol & other esoteric knowledge designed into their buildings. like American architect "The Statue of Liberty" or "The Columbia Goddess" of the Capital is in the District Of "Columbia" or Washington DC. Capital Hill is to Capitalized, Look at Denver Airport & you will find Anubis The "god of the dead". This is the Chaos Priest Class

militant
09-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Coincidentally, I just posted http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?316136-Should-I-go-work-for-the-Federal-Reserve&p=3561295#post3561295 which is about the essay your quote is from.

Vessol
09-15-2011, 05:08 PM
One of the most evil things about a fiat currency is that even if they don't physically confiscate your savings, they can still do just about the same through inflation, destroying it entirely.

The Free Hornet
09-15-2011, 05:59 PM
It is amazing how different Alan Greenspan is in Ayn Rand's inner ciricle versus the Reagan/Bush/Clinton/Bush circles.

Rothbardian Girl
09-15-2011, 06:10 PM
It is amazing how different Alan Greenspan is in Ayn Rand's inner ciricle versus the Reagan/Bush/Clinton/Bush circles.
I know. It's probably one of the sadder stories to me. I don't know what could have possessed him, other than the love of power, to flip-flop so devastatingly like that. Ron Paul talks a lot about Greenspan in End the Fed, and I must confess I still don't understand why Greenspan turned out the way he did.

Icymudpuppy
09-15-2011, 06:16 PM
He went from lambasting the elitists, to becoming one. Now those inflationary policies benefitted him.

How many of you would really be strong enough ethically to turn down the opportunity if the PTB let you in to their inner circle with all the benefits associated in exchange for your loyalty?

Think about it.

I am weak and I know it. That is why I have many times refused requests by others to run for office.

Vessol
09-15-2011, 07:23 PM
I know. It's probably one of the sadder stories to me. I don't know what could have possessed him, other than the love of power, to flip-flop so devastatingly like that. Ron Paul talks a lot about Greenspan in End the Fed, and I must confess I still don't understand why Greenspan turned out the way he did.

And yet we have a thread where someone is asking if they should accept a job at the Federal Reserve and people are actually encouraging him to do so :(