PDA

View Full Version : CA - DA is starting to crawfish over prosecuting cops that beat Kelly Thomas to death.

Anti Federalist
09-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Color me unsurprised.

:mad:

OC DA’s Policy Of Pre-emptive Surrender

http://www.calwatchdog.com/2011/09/12/fullerton-6-cops-could-face-death-penalt/

SEPT. 12, 2011

By MARK CABANISS

It is getting close to decision time for Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas in the Kelly Thomas case, in which six Fullerton police officers are accused of beating Thomas to death. While the investigation is still not completed and must be before any charges are brought, if any are brought, some of us are nervous, and increasingly disturbed at the way things are going, or not going, and at the unseemly deference given to the six police.

Pericles
09-15-2011, 02:42 PM
As surprising as the sun rising in the east. Judges and prosecutors have too much power.

aGameOfThrones
09-15-2011, 04:53 PM
As surprising as the sun rising in the east. Judges and prosecutors have too much power.

Indeed. Indeed!

kylejack
09-21-2011, 12:19 PM
!!!!!

The Associated Press is reporting that Fullerton Police Officer Manuel Ramos has been charged with murder in the beating death of homeless man Kelly Thomas.

The news brought tears to Thomas' father, a retired sheriff's deputy, and more tears and cheers from "Kelly's Army" gathered outside the district attorney's office in Santa Ana.

Ramos' attorney, veteran cop defense lawyer John Barnett, confirmed that his client was arrested for second-degree murder, that Ramos surrendered to authorities today, and that he is making bail, the AP reports.

Ron Thomas, 37-year-old Kelly's father, hugged his girlfriend Dana Pape when he received the news.

Any moment, Orange County district attorney Tony Rackauckas will announce all charges in Kelly Thomas' violent confrontation with six Fullerton cops on July 5.
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2011/09/breaking_murder_charge_in_kell.php

Anti Federalist
09-21-2011, 12:20 PM
There is some small justice left...^^^

phill4paul
09-21-2011, 12:24 PM
There is some small justice left...^^^

I'll hold my cheers till after I see the final verdict. But, at least, it is a good start.

kylejack
09-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Kudos to all the furious residents who have been tirelessly protesting on the radio and in front of the police department and absolutely refused to let them sweep this under the rug. It takes a village, sometimes.

Anti Federalist
09-21-2011, 04:31 PM
I'll hold my cheers till after I see the final verdict. But, at least, it is a good start.

That.

Kudos to all the furious residents who have been tirelessly protesting on the radio and in front of the police department and absolutely refused to let them sweep this under the rug. It takes a village, sometimes.

And that.

fisharmor
09-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Second degree murder... as the starting point.
What will they plea bargain for?
He'll be convicted for misdemeanor battery, dismissed, move to Arkansas, and be back on a force by next year.

Rothbardian Girl
09-24-2011, 03:30 PM
I'm glad they are charging Ramos with murder, but I'm disappointed they're not stringing up that asswipe Cicinelli with more substantial charges. This case brought tears to my eyes when I first read about it (god forbid you see anything on national TV about cops being the bad guys).

RCA
09-24-2011, 03:49 PM
What does crawfish mean when used as a verb?

olehounddog
09-24-2011, 03:56 PM
A crawfish will run backwards and all you see is a line of mud he stirs up runnin. And he is fast. Try catchin one. Then you'll know.

Anti Federalist
09-24-2011, 04:47 PM

As olehounddog described, a crayfish (or crawfish) can run very fast backward and sideways, muddying the waters as he makes his escape.

"To crawfish" means to backpedal away from a commitment, obligation,duty or a statement that you have made, while muddying the waters with platitudes and blandishments so as to obscure your true intent: not wanting to meet your obligation or live up to what you said.

It's a Southern thing I picked up while working down here, and I liked it so much, it found it's way into my regular lexicon along with:

"In a nine line bind."

"Run Off."

"Raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock."

"Aight 'den."

And, "Fucked up like a snake in a lawn mower".

mrsat_98
09-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Second degree murder... as the starting point.
What will they plea bargain for?
He'll be convicted for misdemeanor battery, dismissed, move to Arkansas, and be back on a force by next year.

Send him to Diamondhead will shoot his ass. http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/65017.html