PDA

View Full Version : Who the Hell Cares About Oprah's School?!?!?!

BuddyRey
11-05-2007, 07:54 AM
They're just drawing out this inconsequential and ridiculously non-newsworthy story to keep from talking about real news, like Ron's fundraising triumph, the collapsing dollar, and Thompson flying around on the dime of a drug-dealer.

Give me liberty
11-05-2007, 08:16 AM
They're just drawing out this inconsequential and ridiculously non-newsworthy story to keep from talking about real news, like Ron's fundraising triumph, the collapsing dollar, and Thompson flying around on the dime of a drug-dealer.

agreed that should not even be in the news

we got alots of other important things that media is staying away from.
like you said, i have not heard one single story on the news of the collapsing dollar.

Hope
11-05-2007, 08:19 AM
The Thompson story is nothing but mudslinging. And aren't we in the campaign to LEGALIZE drugs?

Geez. As if that's the one and only thing you can discredit Thompson with. It just makes us look silly and hypocritical.

angelatc
11-05-2007, 08:26 AM
I use Oprah's school as a welfare state talking point. She did not build it here because the kids here are not interested in getting an education. She said (and I am paraphrasing) that when she visits low income American kids and asks them what they want, they say expensive shoes and Ipods. When she asks the African kids what they want, the answer is uniforms, so they can to go to school.

http://snurl.com/1t5yv - referenced in this column by a guy who is apparently part of the problem.

constituent
11-05-2007, 08:42 AM
yea, it's funny.... i've been using the same thing, but in a different way (the false concern of a woman who passes God knows how many broke azz neighborhoods on a regular basis but goes all the way to s. africa to establish a charity school)....

the funny thing is i was talking to a friend the other day who said, "how long you reckon it'll before before everyone finds out it's some kinda child sex slave thing going on like boystown?"

and then like 2, 3 days later this bit breaks.... just crazy.

noxagol
11-05-2007, 08:48 AM
What is this about Oprah's school? Never heard of any of this.