PDA

View Full Version : This is the 2nd time Wolf Blitzer used his platform to attack a Paul

Libertea Party
09-15-2011, 12:31 AM
Remember this?

Say It Isn’t So: Rand Paul Calls for Cutting All U.S. Aid to Israel . . . Update: MSM Hit-Piece, Paul Was Not Singling Out Israel (http://weaselzippers.us/2011/01/28/say-it-isnt-so-rand-paul-calls-cutting-all-u-s-aid-to-israel/)…

Like father, like son.

WASHINGTON — Freshman Republican Sen. Rand Paul is calling for deep cuts in foreign aid, including eliminating U.S. money for Israel, a plan that has drawn criticism from Democrats and Republicans.

The tea party-backed Paul unveiled a budget proposal this week that would slash overall government spending by $500 billion, saying the growing debt requires nothing less. It makes significant cuts in education, energy and defense while eliminating some agencies.

The Kentucky senator also is calling for cutting billions from foreign aid, and told CNN he would end the $3 billion in foreign military assistance to Israel.

The Republican Jewish Coalition called the idea misguided. Rep. Nita Lowey of New York, the top Democrat on the Appropriations subcommittee on foreign operations, said the U.S. can’t renege on an ally.

Update: CNN’s Wolf Blitzer is a scumbag, he completely tried to turn this into a story about Israel when in fact it wasn’t, not even close but he wouldn’t let it go. Paul was not singling them out, in fact he took a much harder line with the Islamic states in the region. The MSM ran with the Israel angle as a way of discrediting Rand Paul with conservatives. Disgraceful, truly disgraceful.

So again here comes good ole Wolf posing the hypothetical "question" "Does that mean letting him die?"

What's so frustrating about this is the fact that CARE WAS PROVIDED by the hospital. No one was turned away and regardless of any mandate it's hard to imagine that care would not have been provided to begin with. Even the "report" said the hospital hasn't sought any claims. Why isn't the story "Hospital tries to save man's life, donates care and forgives hundreds of thousands in debt. Ron Paul vindicated!"?

So what the heck does this have to do with a personal tragedy that didn't involve "letting him die" to begin with? Nothing. It's disgusting that CNN would exploit this tragedy to make a political point but given Wolf's history (http://newsbusters.org/people/television/wolf-blitzer) as a hit man it's no surprise:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2011/09/12/cnn-picks-wolf-blitzer-host-tea-party-debate-he-implied-they-were-racist

http://newsbusters.org/people/television/wolf-blitzer

I wonder the how the "relevance" of Wolf Blitzer being a former official of AIPAC (http://www.google.com/search?q=wolf+blitzer+aipac)--the 2nd most powerful political lobby in America (http://www.jewishaz.com/jewishnews/971128/aipac.shtml)-- being brought up when he "asked" Rand Paul (read: frames the narrative) specifically and repeatedly about aid to Israel would be taken? Would it seem relevant or just a personal attack on Wolf? Surely a reporter that "asks" repeatedly about how a politician intends to satisfy the chief goal of the reporter's former employer has more direct relevance than the apolitical, personal, tragic event that occurred to a friend of said politician???

Alas we know the double standard the media employs. I actually think these hit jobs hurt media outlets because Ron Paul is genuine and reflective and gives off an wise elderly neighbor feeling that blunts these smears. Rand Paul doesn't quite attract such good feelings right now. Maybe when he's 76 and being questioned about whether he have would let his close friend die after his friend did indeed die he'll gain some sympathy too.

Most posts I've seen on this so far think Wolf was being "fair" on the issue because he gave Ron Paul the chance to present his side of the story. It's only fair if you consider "When did you stop beating your wife?" a fair topic of discussion if they give you the chance to repeatedly deny that you ever abused your wife and create a story to highlight how domestic violence is a specific concern in your campaign but not others. "Gee non-wifebeater Joe denied beating his wife and gave a great answer about how beating his wife would be wrong!" doesn't exactly draw converts and is off-topic just like "Ron Paul doesn't think his close friend's death is worth sacrificing his principles of small government". Wait. Death? Ron Paul?

It's all about the framing. I think "wise elderly neighbor Paul" is breaking through the clutter.... but beware of the Wolfs!

kojirodensetsu
09-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Republican Sen. Rand Paul is calling for deep cuts in foreign aid, including eliminating U.S. money for Israel, a plan that has drawn criticism from Democrats and Republicans
I don't understand why this is such an unpopular opinion. If we cut aid to Israel then the middle east as a whole wouldn't hate us as much, and thus would be more safe from terrorist attacks.

The New Fury
09-15-2011, 01:45 AM
Remember this?

I wonder the how the "relevance" of Wolf Blitzer being a former official of AIPAC (http://www.google.com/search?q=wolf+blitzer+aipac)--the 2nd most powerful political lobby in America (http://www.jewishaz.com/jewishnews/971128/aipac.shtml)-- being brought up when he "asked" Rand Paul (read: frames the narrative) specifically and repeatedly about aid to Israel would be taken?

Oh, you better believe it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-8aTGnjHnI

Keith and stuff
09-15-2011, 05:15 AM
But it backfired with Ron Paul and Ron has been getting praise all over the place because of his very good response.

specsaregood
09-15-2011, 06:02 AM
I don't understand why this is such an unpopular opinion. If we cut aid to Israel then the middle east as a whole wouldn't hate us as much, and thus would be more safe from terrorist attacks.

And why would republicans push so hard to cut funding from planned parenthood --who does deliver medical services to American women-- for the exact same sin that Israel provides and yet they don't mind funding Israel.

Chieppa1
09-15-2011, 06:35 AM
only the 2nd time?

Join The Paul Side
09-15-2011, 06:38 AM
Wolf "Hitler" Blitzer. :rolleyes:

mczerone
09-15-2011, 06:47 AM

The issue isn't even about Israel, it's about all foreign aid. It's just very telling that the media portrays it specifically as "cutting aid to Israel," in order to make the opinion sound more unpopular.

It's like wanting to end all subsidies, and an arrogant selfish prick stands up and says "I get subsidies for making baby food, you want babies to starve!". It doesn't matter if he gets less subsidies than his competitors, he just wants to make your plan sound bad to preserve his special interest.

Kords21
09-15-2011, 06:48 AM
I think the media has sunk to an even new low to try to use the death of Dr. Paul's friend as a political weapon. It's disgusting and it looks more and more like a setup, Wolf/CNN knew all about Kent Snyder then set Paul up with that hypothetical then bam bring up this story. Such a low blow it's beyond disgusting.

mczerone
09-15-2011, 06:51 AM
I think the media has sunk to an even new low to try to use the death of Dr. Paul's friend as a political weapon. It's disgusting and it looks more and more like a setup, Wolf/CNN knew all about Kent Snyder then set Paul up with that hypothetical then bam bring up this story. Such a low blow it's beyond disgusting.

Timed, coordinated action to affect a political candidate? No, that's impossible, the media insists that there are no media conspiracies.

Kords21
09-15-2011, 06:54 AM
They just hate Ron Paul for his suits, that's what it is

Travlyr
09-15-2011, 09:02 AM

Disgusting for sure.

sailingaway
09-15-2011, 09:11 AM
I'm glad he did, and it was only an attack in the sense of unfairly raising a general policy issue on a specific circumstance, and of course the left is always going to look for the one in an hundred thousand circumstance, not the impact on health care and prosperity for the other 99,999 people.

In this case ThoughtlessProgress has an incredible hit piece out, implying aggressively that Kent was the reason Ron got moneybombs and,without actually saying it, implying some of that money should have been used to cover his bills. Obviously, campaign finance law would not remotely allow that.

However, the point is, it had been addressed on two major networks, Fox (without Ron) and CNN BEFORE ThoughtlessProgress got their meme out there for bloggers to copy in their echo chamber, which is about as good as we could hope for.

linusPAULing
09-15-2011, 09:17 AM
Ron Paul has also stated many times that he'd cut US aid to Israel's enemies... aid that Paul says amounts to seven times that provided to Israel.

Why don't the folks who support aid to Israel protest all this aid to Israel's enemies?