PDA

View Full Version : Insider Advantage Florida Poll (9/13-First post-debate poll)

michaelkellenger
09-14-2011, 10:33 PM
Perry 29%
Romney 20%
Gingrich 9%
Bachmann 8%
Cain 6%
Paul 5%
Santorum 2%
Huntsman 1%

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/2011/InsiderAdv_FL_Pres_0914.htm

Only 456 people polled though....and by the looks of their data.....they don't provide much information. Don't know how reliable they are, but horrific numbers. I don't see the date of the poll on the website, but RPC says it was done on the 13th.

Brett85
09-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Well, Ron hasn't ever been very high in Florida. So you can't really conclude that Ron has lost any ground simply by looking at this poll.

eleganz
09-14-2011, 10:44 PM
This is depressing...we MUST keep pushing guys, there is no reason for us to be polling this low, we supposedly have the most dedicated supporters!

Everybody that agrees with me spend half the time you would on RPF and be more active in your local meetup groups, if you don't have one...start one!

sailingaway
09-14-2011, 11:00 PM
Who are insider advantage? I'm trying to remember. ARe they the group Perry's superpac hired? There is something about them that isn't occurring to me, and it's irritating.

michaelkellenger
09-14-2011, 11:15 PM
http://www.insideradvantage.com/

^^That's their website. I believe they have done a lot of polling with Newmax before. I have pretty strong qualms with Newsmax, as I believe it is very neoconservative.

rp08orbust
09-14-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm pretty sure that Insider Advantage did a Florida poll a few weeks ago in which Ron Paul was supposedly at 3% or 4%. If so, then this is an improvement. But Quinipiac did a poll in Florida not long before the Iowa straw poll that found Ron Paul in 3rd with 10%.

Edit: It was a Sachs/Mason-Dixon poll that had Ron Paul at 4% in FL: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?311861-What-is-going-on-in-Florida-Sachs-Mason-Dixon-poll-UGLY&highlight=florida+poll

The last Insider Advantage poll was in GA and had Ron Paul at 5%.

JohnGalt23g
09-15-2011, 12:03 AM
This is depressing...we MUST keep pushing guys, there is no reason for us to be polling this low, we supposedly have the most dedicated supporters!

Everybody that agrees with me spend half the time you would on RPF and be more active in your local meetup groups, if you don't have one...start one!

Relax. It's Florida. We are not going to do well in a state where the party is dominated by Cubans and senior citizens, when we routinely talk about re-opening trade with Cuba and restructuring Social Security.

Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada. Keep an eye there.

Crickett
09-15-2011, 12:32 AM
We need every state. MUCH MORE needs to be done in the Tampa and Miami areas. I think Orlando is getting it on!

NexUtTyrannus
09-15-2011, 12:37 AM
I live in florida, i am disappoint =(

JohnGalt23g
09-15-2011, 12:44 AM
We need every state. MUCH MORE needs to be done in the Tampa and Miami areas. I think Orlando is getting it on!

If the campaign employs that strategy, we will lose.

We do not, nor will we, have the type of money Romeny and Perry will Florida is a closed primary, winner-take-all, in a huge state dominated by groups that naturally oppose us. Florida is a loser for us. You win a nomination by choosing your battles wisely.

Billay
09-15-2011, 02:01 AM
This became an educational campaign weeks ago.

Napoleon's Shadow
09-15-2011, 06:59 AM
Don't worry about it. We win the other states by first winning NH, NV, LA, and coming in the top 3 in IA.

Carole
09-15-2011, 07:09 AM
Didn't New Hampshire disappoint use in 2008? Apparently only a portion of that state is "Live free or die".

LibertyPhanatic
09-15-2011, 07:23 AM
Given the proportion (I assume) of elderly voters to the overall electorate, I would think Florida is not going to be one of Ron's better states. Probably best to focus efforts on IA, NH, etc.

Bobster
09-15-2011, 07:24 AM
This became an educational campaign weeks ago.

Unfortunately I'm at work and don't have access to my imagemacro for NOPE.AVI, but yeah. We're in it to win it and we are still top 3 in early primary states.

Agorism
09-15-2011, 07:32 AM
We poor polly in S.C. and Florida. Not sure why

LibertyEsq
09-15-2011, 07:38 AM
This particular poll says nothing about the debate. We polled at 4% and 5% in Florida in two polls before the debate.

parocks
09-15-2011, 07:39 AM
they like the militarism more in the south

Sean
09-15-2011, 07:44 AM
People like a winner. We win early or we don't win at all. There is no way that Ron Paul can win the election if he doesn't win the majority of early states. Most resources should be poured into Iowa, NH, NV, and SC. If we don't at least win half of those and place well in the others we are going to lose.

LibertyEsq
09-15-2011, 08:32 AM

We do not, nor will we, have the type of money Romeny and Perry will Florida is a closed primary, winner-take-all, in a huge state dominated by groups that naturally oppose us. Florida is a loser for us. You win a nomination by choosing your battles wisely.

I agree. We should contest the early states that are looking good for us - LA, NH, NV, IA. California is also looking great for us. California could be our Florida

Napoleon's Shadow
09-15-2011, 08:47 AM
This became an educational campaign weeks ago.Uhh... not at all. We're in 3rd place and 2nd in fundraising.

We do not, nor will we, have the type of money Romeny and Perry will Florida is a closed primary, winner-take-all, in a huge state dominated by groups that naturally oppose us. Florida is a loser for us. You win a nomination by choosing your battles wisely.Exactly. Florida is a money pit, and since we don't have as much money as Romney, we can't waste it on a losing battle in FL. We can win the war, but not by spending resources in place like FL.

The Free Hornet
09-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Is there a sunny side? If you are going to lose a winner-take-all state with little national influence (aside from its delegate count), it may be better to lose it BIG! Since Ron Paul is 10% nationally and 5% FLA, then he has to be 15% in other states (more or less, all other things being equal). Low expectations means upside potential.

trey4sports
09-15-2011, 09:04 AM

good post

trey4sports
09-15-2011, 09:10 AM
if you want to understand the effect the debate had on Ron's numbers then what matters is how this particular firm had us polling in the same state, pre-debate. Which is not available AFAIK.

TomtheTinker
09-15-2011, 09:13 AM
This became an educational campaign weeks ago. How embarrassing of an attitude you have.-1

Napoleon's Shadow
09-15-2011, 10:14 AM
Is there a sunny side? It depends on the time of day. In the morning the east coast is sunny. In the evening it's the west coast. :cool:

rp08orbust
09-15-2011, 10:26 AM
I agree. We should contest the early states that are looking good for us - LA, NH, NV, IA. California is also looking great for us. California could be our Florida

Especially if Ron Paul wins the CA straw poll this Saturday, which non-Californians can help us do: http://www.dailypaul.com/178490/please-donate-now-to-boost-ron-paul-in-the-california-straw-poll

turbobrain9
09-15-2011, 12:06 PM
If we break single-digits in FL, I'll eat my hat...

Sweman
09-15-2011, 12:59 PM

We do not, nor will we, have the type of money Romeny and Perry will Florida is a closed primary, winner-take-all, in a huge state dominated by groups that naturally oppose us. Florida is a loser for us. You win a nomination by choosing your battles wisely.I think all pre super tuesday states are proportional. That includes Florida.

If we can get 10% in Florida it can give us more delegates than Iowa and NH combined.

Zarn Solen
09-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Relax. It's Florida. We are not going to do well in a state where the party is dominated by Cubans and senior citizens, when we routinely talk about re-opening trade with Cuba and restructuring Social Security.

Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada. Keep an eye there.

Younger Cubans, for the most part, are not opposed to lifting the embargo.

Billay
09-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Unfortunately I'm at work and don't have access to my imagemacro for NOPE.AVI, but yeah. We're in it to win it and we are still top 3 in early primary states.

Yea you don't really believe that.

Billay
09-15-2011, 01:12 PM
How embarrassing of an attitude you have.-1

Really? You think he was talking about getting rid of FEMA before a hurricane hit was a presidential move? The guy doesn't give a shit and thats why I love him but stop acting like he's trying to win it all. If he was he wouldn't make those comments.

ronpaulfollower999
09-15-2011, 01:19 PM
The stereotypes about Florida are really annoying. That said, South Florida of course does has a large Cuban, Haitian, Guatemalan, Senior population and I know someone that belongs in each group, who likes Ron Paul.

Also, for some to say that we should just "give up" on Florida is stupid and demoralizing for our supporters here. Its giving me the vibe that I should just stay home on primary day since we are going to lose anyway.

trey4sports
09-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Really? You think he was talking about getting rid of FEMA before a hurricane hit was a presidential move? The guy doesn't give a shit and thats why I love him but stop acting like he's trying to win it all. If he was he wouldn't make those comments.

Just because Ron doesn't run a tight message that doesn't equate to him not runnning a winning campaign.

Billay
09-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Just because Ron doesn't run a tight message that doesn't equate to him not runnning a winning campaign.

Bullshit.

libertybrewcity
09-15-2011, 02:53 PM
really bad poll. a good sample size for the florida primary would be about 800-1000

michaelkellenger
09-15-2011, 02:57 PM
really bad poll. a good sample size for the florida primary would be about 800-1000

+1 rep. That is a horrible sample size in a huge state. I've seen bigger sample sizes in sates like New Hampshire, Iowa, and the like.