PDA

View Full Version : FL - Man blows .000 twice, submits to urine test, STILL gets arrested for DUI

Anti Federalist
09-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Just doing their job, right Mr. Principal?

Let this go on a little lonegr and your career will be over.

Abolish drunk driving laws.

Clay County high school principal charged with DUI

John Mark Westmoreland is principal of Ridgeview High School
Posted: September 10, 2011 - 2:20pm | Updated: September 12, 2011

The principal of a Clay County High School was charged early Saturday with driving under the influence.

John Mark Westmoreland, principal of Ridgeview High School, was stopped on suspicion of DUI in the 1800 block of Blanding Boulevard in Middleburg, according to the Clay County Sheriff's Office.

Westmoreland was pulled over around 1:10 a.m. Saturday after an officer saw him driving erratically. The arrest was based on a field sobriety test after Westmoreland registered zeros twice on Breathalyzer exams. The principal provided a urine sample, which could take weeks to analyze.

In a statement from his lawyer, Westmoreland denied the charges.

"John Westmoreland did not drive under the influence Friday night," said the statement from his lawyer, Sam Garrison. "He volunteered for two breath tests. Both showed zero alcohol in his system. He would not, and did not, drink and drive."

The school district was notified of Westmoreland's arrest, said Darlene Mahla, spokeswoman for Clay County Schools in an email.

"The matter is currently under investigation by the district and other than this statement, there will be no further comment at this time," Mahla wrote.

Westmoreland, who has no prior criminal or DUI history, was booked early Saturday and released on a $752 bond.

aGameOfThrones
09-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Maybe it was payback for suspending one of the heroes in blue when he attended high school.

Kylie
09-14-2011, 07:28 PM
But they got paid!!!!

$ 752 bucks(so far) for your liberty....

Working Poor
09-14-2011, 07:32 PM
One of my mom's friends was pulled over and started stroking and they charged her with DUI thew her in jail and she died. The friends family sued the crap out of the city and won. She was at the entrance to a hospital emergency room when they pulled her the family thinks she may have been driving herself to the hospital.,

Anti Federalist
09-14-2011, 07:56 PM
One of my mom's friends was pulled over and started stroking and they charged her with DUI thew her in jail and she died. The friends family sued the crap out of the city and won. She was at the entrance to a hospital emergency room when they pulled her the family thinks she may have been driving herself to the hospital.,

Bet those cops are still all on the farce and public payroll.

AFPVet
09-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Let me get this straight... the man didn't even register on the PBT, yet he is being charged for DUI? Did they think he was on weed or some prescription? That's the only thing I can think of. DUI laws are written so that you can be tagged for being under the influence of any substance (not just alcohol). This is stupid. If he passed the FST's and the PBT, why the fluck is he being charged with DUI? If he was under the influence of medication or any other substance, it would show on the pre-exit and exit tests. If he passed those tests, I don't see why he is being charged.

Anti Federalist
09-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Let me get this straight... the man didn't even register on the PBT, yet he is being charged for DUI? Did they think he was on weed or some prescription? That's the only thing I can think of. DUI laws are written so that you can be tagged for being under the influence of any substance (not just alcohol). This is stupid. If he passed the FST's and the PBT, why the fluck is he being charged with DUI? If he was under the influence of medication or any other substance, it would show on the pre-exit and exit tests. If he passed those tests, I don't see why he is being charged.

Maybe he was tired.

Certainly urine tests (which is more bullshit, it doesn't take weeks for results) would indicate any other intoxicants.

Perhaps you should have just given us your blood, comrade, after all, you have nothing to hide.

AFPVet
09-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Maybe he was tired.

Certainly urine tests (which is more bullshit, it doesn't take weeks for results) would indicate any other intoxicants.

Perhaps you should have just given us your blood, comrade, after all, you have nothing to hide.

That happens... people get tired. I've pulled over several people on the suspicion of DUI/OWI just to find out that they were tired or they had a vehicle problem (poor alignment). I agree man... we should just let them jab us and make us piss in a bottle so they can do on the spot tests just to find out that we are good to go... freaking ridiculous.