PDA

View Full Version : AZ - Cops show up to question resident, shoot dog in the process.

Anti Federalist
09-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Univited cops show up to question resident about another man who hasn't lived there for years, and shoots his dog in the bargain.

Deputy involved in 2 separate shootings

9/11/2011 6:01:00 AM

http://www.kingmandailyminer.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=46681&TM=42902.14

KINGMAN - The deputy involved in last Sunday's fatal shooting was the same deputy who shot and injured a dog the Friday night before.

The Mohave County Sheriff's Office confirmed that Deputy Jeff Davis shot a 2-year-old red-nosed pit bull after authorities went to a house in north Kingman Sept. 2 looking for two individuals.

The owner of the pit bull, Jessie Holliday, 27, said several deputies knocked on his door in the 3600 block of Canary Lane around 9:45 p.m. The deputies were reportedly looking for two men named Ken and Eddie.

Holliday said he has lived in his home for around two years and didn't know anyone by those names. While Holliday was explaining this to one of the deputies on the porch, he said his dog, Blue, pushed past him out the front door.

Holliday said Blue had started barking when the deputies arrived but was not aggressive with them. He said he told them that his dog didn't bite before he went inside to retrieve his identification at the request of one of the deputies. He said that at that point, his communication with the deputies was friendly and non-confrontational and that they didn't seem fazed by the dog. He said one deputy didn't even look at the dog as he walked out passed him.

Holliday said he was inside when he heard a loud pop, followed by a yelp. When he went outside, he said he found Blue frantically running around the yard with a gunshot wound to the his front right leg.

Holliday's neighbor, who asked that his name not be used, said he was standing about 20 feet from the dog when he was shot. The neighbor had come outside after seeing the squad cars pull up and park in front of his residence.

The neighbor said the dog "casually" walked passed several deputies before being shot.

"There was no reason, it was just that quick," he said.

The neighbor said the dog was surrounded by people when he was shot.

"That's what really bothered me, the way the officer did it. He fired right into a group of people," he said.

The neighbor's account contradicts reports from the deputies on the scene, including the sergeant in charge, who wrote in her report that the dog ran toward Davis in a "charging and aggressive manner."

Capt. Greg Smith said Davis wrote in his report that the dog ran to the west side of the yard before running toward him "at a full-blown sprint." He said it was at that point he pulled his gun from its holster and fired once at the dog.

The neighbor said that after the shooting, he overheard one deputy tell the deputy who shot the dog to "go sit in your cruiser and keep your mouth shut."

Hospitaller
09-14-2011, 07:23 PM
The neighbor said that after the shooting, he overheard one deputy tell the deputy who shot the dog to "go sit in your cruiser and keep your mouth shut."

Will witness evidence be taken into consideration this time?
Will the cop even be punished?
Will these activities stop anytime soon?

Anti Federalist
09-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Will witness evidence be taken into consideration this time?
Will the cop even be punished?
Will these activities stop anytime soon?

Off the top of my head...

No.
No.
And, umm, no.

asurfaholic
09-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Christ this is getting out of hand!!!!! Where is this trend of shooting dogs on MSM???

And why do owners of these tragedies sit back and let the cops drive off when they are finished killing their pets? If there is ever a time for me to say people should shoot a cop - it is when a cop shoots a dog in cold blood. Heartless bastard this cop is, I hope he gets struck by lightning and survives to die a slow miserable death of cancer in the process learning his entire family is killed in a crash with a semi.

pcosmar
09-14-2011, 07:36 PM
And why do owners of these tragedies sit back and let the cops drive off when they are finished killing their pets? .

Because there is a guy with a gun in his hand and blood in his eye standing there.
Who are they gonna call?
The MSM routinely gives the police version of events.
:(

heavenlyboy34
09-14-2011, 07:41 PM
:( WTF? :mad: What kind of sociopath could be so cruel to a dog that posed no threat? This kind of thing really needs to be taken more seriously. Animal abuse often leads to abusing people.

Anti Federalist
09-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Because there is a guy with a gun in his hand and blood in his eye standing there.
Who are they gonna call?
The MSM routinely gives the police version of events.
:(

Sadly, Pete is 100% right about this.

This asshole just lit your dog up.

Think he would think twice about doing it to you next?

Now, get back inside, Mundane.

Anti Federalist
09-14-2011, 07:46 PM
:( WTF? :mad: What kind of sociopath could be so cruel to a dog that posed no threat? This kind of thing really needs to be taken more seriously. Animal abuse often leads to abusing people.

That is one of the reasons why I post these articles.

The second one is that, among a fairly large percentage of the US population there is such a huge disconnect with humanity that the killing of an innocent person barely registers.

Kill a dog however and these same people go all to pieces.

heavenlyboy34
09-14-2011, 08:01 PM
BTW, Kingman is only a few hours north of me(or less, depending on how you travel). :eek:

flightlesskiwi
09-14-2011, 08:06 PM

The second one is that, among a fairly large percentage of the US population there is such a huge disconnect with humanity that the killing of a innocent person barely registers.

*sigh*

that is all.

mrsat_98
09-14-2011, 08:48 PM
Wondering if James Ray Palmer every got his dog shot ? Just saying....

moostraks
09-15-2011, 02:05 AM
Wondering if James Ray Palmer every got his dog shot ? Just saying....

out of the loop so had to look up who this was...check out comment from reuters article:

200 years ago I can understand why it was reasonable to allow people to be armed . But today 2011 I think that 200 year old reasoning is way outdated. Why would anyone need a gun . Don’t we have Homeland Security costing $49 billion a year to protect us. Don’t we spend almost 3/4 $ trillion on Military guns and bullets each year to protect us. So why do we need guns, for personal protection !!. Are we scared of our own shadows .. Seems so.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/15/us-courthouse-shooting-arkansas-idUSTRE78D7O120110915

This is someone who needs a personal encounter with government representatives such as the officer in question here. They might rethink the need for guns to protect us from the protectors. I think this comment needs refuting but I am a bit too sleep addled to respond over there right now. Btw seems like the person from reuters needs lessons in punctuation.

asurfaholic
09-15-2011, 04:49 AM

The second one is that, among a fairly large percentage of the US population there is such a huge disconnect with humanity that the killing of an innocent person barely registers.

Thats a really interesting point... Sad, and true.

I might be guilty, but then again I am not. I have spent many nights sleepless after reading stories of children and innocent civilians killed in our wars. But I don't get in as much of a bind when its just one person, shot by a cop. Maybe its because I give the cop the benefit of a doubt, maybe there is more to the story.

But when its a dog, I get upset. A dog who's innocence is pure, and its perception of the world is limited to how the family raises the pet. Maybe its a watchdog, who's job is to bark at offending noises and traffic. Maybe its a loving fun dog, who runs to visitors and greets them with a slobber. Maybe its a true guard dog who will fight to the death to protect the home. But in none of those cases does the dog have the capacity to understand that the cop is different, and carries a deadly weapon. Instead of saying "NO!" the cops simply shoot the dog. It is pure and simple disgusting.

People aren't so innocent. While there are way too many cases where people are shot for no reason and the cop is absolutely NOT justified in doing it, there are still some others where the person shot may have given one reason too many.

A cop, or a mailman, or anyone who goes to private properties for any sort of business needs to realize that there may be dogs. If nobody else is allowed to kill a dog who they don't want jumping on them, then a COP can't either. A dog on the street is not always dangerous, and if it is seen as a potential threat, then animal control should be called, and the cop stay inside his vehicle. Of course, the officer has the responsibility to watch the dog, and make sure that the dog doesn't go apeshit on some little kid, which in that case he would be justified in shooting the dog.

But what the heck, common sense is out the window these days, I'm just a mundane. But I am armed, and if anyone shoots my dog, I will leave a mark.

MichaeleLee
09-22-2011, 02:10 PM

I might be guilty, but then again I am not. I have spent many nights sleepless after reading stories of children and innocent civilians killed in our wars. But I don't get in as much of a bind when its just one person, shot by a cop. Maybe its because I give the cop the benefit of a doubt, maybe there is more to the story.

But when its a dog, I get upset. A dog who's innocence is pure, and its perception of the world is limited to how the family raises the pet. Maybe its a watchdog, who's job is to bark at offending noises and traffic. Maybe its a loving fun dog, who runs to visitors and greets them with a slobber. Maybe its a true guard dog who will fight to the death to protect the home. But in none of those cases does the dog have the capacity to understand that the cop is different, and carries a deadly weapon. Instead of saying "NO!" the cops simply shoot the dog. It is pure and simple disgusting.

People aren't so innocent. While there are way too many cases where people are shot for no reason and the cop is absolutely NOT justified in doing it, there are still some others where the person shot may have given one reason too many.

A cop, or a mailman, or anyone who goes to private properties for any sort of business needs to realize that there may be dogs. If nobody else is allowed to kill a dog who they don't want jumping on them, then a COP can't either. A dog on the street is not always dangerous, and if it is seen as a potential threat, then animal control should be called, and the cop stay inside his vehicle. Of course, the officer has the responsibility to watch the dog, and make sure that the dog doesn't go apeshit on some little kid, which in that case he would be justified in shooting the dog.

But what the heck, common sense is out the window these days, I'm just a mundane. But I am armed, and if anyone shoots my dog, I will leave a mark.

Actually this story is about my Nephew. And of course there are things about this deputy that was never reported on. Such as how little and nervous he is. And I have heard stories he was a bully as a CO and was bullied in high school. And then the shooting of the man the next night, when as I have heard it was a pvc pipe and the story is much different than what the MCSO is saying. Is anyone surprised?

Brian4Liberty
09-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Christ this is getting out of hand!!!!! Where is this trend of shooting dogs on MSM???

The MSM has often reported on the trend of pit-bulls attacking people...but that would be completely unrelated to this story.

CasualApathy
09-22-2011, 02:41 PM
I love my dog to death, he is an english bulldog and the sweetest dog I've ever known. If a cop shot him for no reason I would seriously go mental, he might as well have shot my child. I'm not kidding, I'd find whoever did it and hurt him really bad... I'm not a violent person, and I've only ever been in one fight as a kid, but that shit would just push me over the edge, I wouldn't care about the consequences, only justice as measured out by me.

DamianTV
09-23-2011, 12:53 AM

Fully agree. Something popped into my mind while reading your post. The Dark Knight scene where the Joker was making his "Nobody Panics When It Is According To The Plan" lines. But, there is more truth in those lines of wisdom than most people believe. The shit they described, kids getting blown up on a School Bus in Iraq, nobody gives more than two seconds of thougt to even acknowledge because it is "Part of the Plan". When it happens to someone you dont know, your neighbors friends ex roommate got killed by an IED in Afghanistan, we dont care, because them dying was "Part of the Plan".

But why dogs? Is shooting dogs now "Part of the Plan"? If Dogs were as Regulated as Guns are, a lot less people would own Dogs. But those that do own Dogs wont always have their Dog Licensed. We have this preconceived notion that if you have a Gun, you have a License for that Gun. That you purchased it Legally. We expect that the Gun you bought has NEVER been used to take a Life, Human or Canine. So, when the same attitude is applied to Dogs, we come to the same conclusions. We use both Dogs and Guns to protect ourselves. But what I think is becoming more and more apparent is that this "Part of the Plan" is to make the Public as hopelessly dependant on the Government for Protection as possible, it becomes necessary for them to deprive us of ANY possible way that we can Protect Ourselves. We will need a License to study Martial Arts, we will need a License to own a Kitchen Knife, or a Baseball Bat, Golf Club, or a Dog.

And I think that a Dog's ability to "sense" when a Cop comes around and has nothing short of Hostile Intent towards its Owner challenges the Cops for Dominance. The Cops expect nothing short of Total Submission. If you fight back with Rocks, the Cops will deprive you of your Rocks. But Rocks cant smell that Hostile Intent. The REAL Intent is to make you as vunerable as possible to both the Cops and Criminals alike, not that there is much difference between the two any more.

I just wish that more Cops would realise that if you blow up my Television, it can be replaced. Sure, I am out some money, and I'll hold a grudge against the Cop that wrecked my TV, but a DOG is conscious, aware, living breathing, affectionate and Loyal, and when they are treated with Respect, which is all I believe they really want, they will do everything within the power of their perception of the world to defend their owners. When they get thorns in their paws, they whimper and limp because it hurts, when you kick them, they cry and yowl, and when you feed them, pet them, and take care of them, they are happy. Do the Cops think that our Dogs are not deserving of same Respect and Happiness that we want?

When the Cops declare a WAR ON DOGS, we need to recognize that the Cops have become as Sociopathic and Disrespectful as the Government for which they work. We need to understand that when they treat ANY Living Creature this way, the Laws be Damned, there is very very little between the Cop torturing an Animal, and eventually Humans. Is that what we will tolerate as "Part of the Plan"? Start off with shooting Dogs, because it is "Part of the Plan"? How long before the Cops start including full on Torture of Humans as "Part of the Plan"? How long again will we need to wait until Torture as "Part of the Plan" becomes acceptable in order for them to acquire Confessions for Lesser Crimes? Torture for Misdemeanors and Victimless Crimes? Torture for operating a Lemonade Stand? Or, Torture for Watering your Lawn on a Non Watering Day?

I think if it ever gets to that point, Society would be better of collapsing completely and ridding the world of the depraved rules and their enforcers and staring anew, and quite frankly, Im not sure if we have already passed the Point of No Return.

Anti Federalist
09-23-2011, 12:58 AM
Actually this story is about my Nephew. And of course there are things about this deputy that was never reported on. Such as how little and nervous he is. And I have heard stories he was a bully as a CO and was bullied in high school. And then the shooting of the man the next night, when as I have heard it was a pvc pipe and the story is much different than what the MCSO is saying. Is anyone surprised?

Not surprised at all.

Welcome to the forums.

You'll find that supporting the ideals and principles that Ron Paul does, will bring a lot of this nonsense to an end.

donnay
09-23-2011, 01:06 AM
I think it is also interesting that cops disregard dogs when it is the citizens dogs...but when it is a police dog, that's an officer! If the cop let's his dog go after you and your defend yourself and hurt the dog, you will be locked away for a very long time.

Here is a case where a man barked at a dog and was cited for 'willfully teasing' officer! :rolleyes:

Man Cited for Barking at Ohio Police Dog
MASON, Ohio --

A Mason man was charged with teasing a police dog.

According to a police report, Officer Bradley Walker was responding to a crash at the Mason Pub early Sunday morning when his K-9 officer, Timber, began barking.

Walker said he observed 25-year-old Ryan Stephens with his face about 2 inches from the rear window of the police vehicle, barking and hissing at Timber.

When Walker questioned Stephens about why he was barking at the dog, Stephens replied, "He started it. He was harassing me."

Walker said he believed Stephens was intoxicated because he smelled of alcohol and his speech was slurred.

Stephens is to appear April 21 in municipal court on a misdemeanor citation of willfully teasing a police K9 officer.

Walker said it's dangerous to incite the dogs while they're locked inside the vehicle.

"Everything is metal in here, and a dog could easily get his tooth caught in one of these grates here and rip his tooth out and cause severe dental trauma to get at one of these people that is harassing him," Walker said.

Walker said it's also dangerous to person doing the harassing.

"If the door was actually left unlocked or something, and a drunk individual or an intoxicated individual opens the door, he has a very good likelihood of getting bit," Walker said.

http://www.officer.com/news/10253647/man-cited-for-barking-at-ohio-police-dog

DamianTV
09-23-2011, 01:21 AM
I think it is also interesting that cops disregard dogs when it is the citizens dogs...but when it is a police dog, that's an officer! If the cop let's his dog go after you and your defend yourself and hurt the dog, you will be locked away for a very long time.

Here is a case where a man barked at a dog and was cited for 'willfully teasing' officer! :rolleyes:

Man Cited for Barking at Ohio Police Dog
MASON, Ohio --

A Mason man was charged with teasing a police dog.

According to a police report, Officer Bradley Walker was responding to a crash at the Mason Pub early Sunday morning when his K-9 officer, Timber, began barking.

Walker said he observed 25-year-old Ryan Stephens with his face about 2 inches from the rear window of the police vehicle, barking and hissing at Timber.

When Walker questioned Stephens about why he was barking at the dog, Stephens replied, "He started it. He was harassing me."

Walker said he believed Stephens was intoxicated because he smelled of alcohol and his speech was slurred.

Stephens is to appear April 21 in municipal court on a misdemeanor citation of willfully teasing a police K9 officer.

Walker said it's dangerous to incite the dogs while they're locked inside the vehicle.

"Everything is metal in here, and a dog could easily get his tooth caught in one of these grates here and rip his tooth out and cause severe dental trauma to get at one of these people that is harassing him," Walker said.

Walker said it's also dangerous to person doing the harassing.

"If the door was actually left unlocked or something, and a drunk individual or an intoxicated individual opens the door, he has a very good likelihood of getting bit," Walker said.

http://www.officer.com/news/10253647/man-cited-for-barking-at-ohio-police-dog

That should be in its own thread! People need to understand how much of a Different Standard that Cops and EVERYONE in the (in)Justice System hold themselves to.