PDA

View Full Version : Who has switched their affiliation to Republican?

Ra_
11-05-2007, 04:17 AM
I changed from Independant to Republican on 10/30/07
I'm in Florida, so I don't think the DNC is allowing FL to have any delegates anyway?

Help Dr. Paul get the nomination! Register with the GOP NOW if your state has closed primaries.

jrich4rpaul
11-05-2007, 04:19 AM
I'm in MA, currently Democrat, and I'm going to city hall to change that this month.

James R
11-05-2007, 04:20 AM
I was Republican in 2000, Libertarian in 2004 (not registered), and now Republican again in 2007. Bush was in office for six months before I became disgusted with not only him but the entire system. Bush was a no good liar about what he would do as president and I saw that from the start. I guess technically I didn't drop my Republican affiliation.

steph3n
11-05-2007, 04:21 AM
I changed from Independant to Republican on 10/30/07
I'm in Florida, so I don't think the DNC is allowing FL to have any delegates anyway?

Help Dr. Paul get the nomination! Register with the GOP NOW if your state has closed primaries.

I am a voter in TX only here on business in Miami, can you tell me the important dates for changing registration and for non registered voters to vote in the primaries? Miami is heavy Guiliani territory, nasty business down here :(

DealzOnWheelz
11-05-2007, 04:23 AM
I've usually voted democrat but was registered independant and just converted in august so I could make my vote count in the primaries. This money bomb is gonna blow up the movement bigtime.

steph3n
11-05-2007, 04:35 AM
Welcome to the both of you, enjoy your stay but don't get caught in some of the more partisan conflicts, in the end it is all about liberty and freedom!

orenbus
11-05-2007, 04:36 AM
life long registered Democrat, I crossed political lines for this man. Trust me guys even your most liberal Democrat will cross over if they gave Ron Paul 5 minutes to watch a video or two. :D

Richandler
11-05-2007, 04:37 AM
Will re-register this month. I'm trying to get some other people to do it at the same time. So we're trying really hard.

Ra_
11-05-2007, 04:40 AM
I am a voter in TX only here on business in Miami, can you tell me the important dates for changing registration and for non registered voters to vote in the primaries? Miami is heavy Guiliani territory, nasty business down here :(

I wasn't sure myself, so I just went and did it. It took 5 minutes.
At first I tried to do it online but it involves printing awkward forms and snail mailing them.
It was easier to just call the Elections people and just drive over there.
If you can't get back to Texas I guess you'll have to print out the form?

Miami always votes based on one issue...
How much do you hate Fidel Castro?
The best panderer wins.
That's OK, A vote for Giuliani is like a vote for Nader.
Romney is gonna be the threat.

Chaos Unlimited
11-05-2007, 06:52 AM
I registered R to vote in our governor primary a year or so ago. Last presidential election I voted in the D primary.

Ra_
11-05-2007, 07:08 AM
If the DNC really took away all of Florida's delegates,
because they moved the date of their primary,
then Dems should punish them for that by switching to the GOP.

They can still vote for Hillary in the general election
but it should teach the DNC not to take their votes away again

Madcat455
11-05-2007, 07:11 AM
If the DNC really took away all of Florida's delegates,
because they moved the date of their primary,
then Dems should punish them for that by switching to the GOP.

They can still vote for Hillary in the general election
but it should teach the DNC not to take their votes away again

Don't speak too fast. The RNC is considering stripping FL of ½ of it's Delegates too, word is supposed to come this month about it.

I also switched from I to R in FL for Ron Paul.

thehittgirl
11-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Was a republican in 2000, Independent in 2002, just changed back to Republican so I can vote for Ron in the NY primary

Brian Bailey
11-05-2007, 07:17 AM
I crossed over.

JMO
11-05-2007, 07:17 AM
I switched from Democrat to Republican. I am a 42 year old postal worker and live in California. my goal is too bring up the name of Ron Paul to workers, i am not trying to be fanatical about it and turn them off, i just want to make sure they are aware of him and his views.

Mandrik
11-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Registered Democrat when I turned 18 in '98, but I realized by the next election that I was definitely NOT a dem. I went unaffiliated, but have been a Republican for about a month. I actually plan to stay Republican now, I think. I agree with what they stood for long ago, so maybe we can work on fixing things from the inside.

PineGroveDave
11-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Registered Republican from 1978 until mid-2006 when I registered as Libertarian. 3 months ago I switched back to Republican in order to vote for Dr. Paul in the CA Primary

jumpyg1258
11-05-2007, 08:11 AM
I was independent but switched to republican. I feel a bit dirty but it will be worth it, for this election at least. Afterwards I will be going back to either independent or switching to libertarian.

sedele
11-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Here here!

ChicagoLawyer
11-05-2007, 08:32 AM
I've been a Republican since 2002. Libertarian Party member before that, but I realized (as Ron Paul has) that third parties can't win and have no future. Part of what Ron Paul's campaign is all about is making a better Republican party.