PDA

View Full Version : Jack Cafferty shining again! This time about Gardasil scandal

lucky_bg
09-14-2011, 04:32 PM
I tweeted to him today this:

@jackcafferty Maybe not 4 5k but how about 28K 4 his personal campaign & 380K for RGA he is chairing, all from MERCK?! bit.ly/qWbDbO

http://twitter.com/#!/JovicicMilan/status/114039714096480257

with a link to article at Daily Paul about ALL donations Perry and RGA received from MERCK. I don't know whether this was his source, but he certainly mentioned all the facts about MERCK's donations to Perry from Daily Paul article.

Here is what he said on air:

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

If Rick Perry wants to be president - he needs to start thinking more about what he says before he says it.

The Texas governor has already come under lots of criticism for saying Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke's actions are potentially treasonous, and for comparing Social Security to a Ponzi scheme.

At Monday night's debate, he stepped in it again... and this time it may be harder to scrape off the bottom of his shoe.

When Michele Bachmann suggested Perry pushed for the HPV vaccine at the bidding of Pharma giant Merck, Perry reponded, "If you're saying that I can be bought for $5,000, I'm offended."

Here's the problem: Perry didn't finish that sentence... he didn't go on to say that he can't be bought at all. and with voters extremely skeptical of the ties between politicians and big business... this is a comment that could haunt Perry for months to come.

Meanwhile, Perry claimed he received $5,000 from Merck, but that only represented their 2006 contributions. In all, Perry pocketed about $30,000 from Merck, the maker of the HPV vaccine.

Merck has also reportedly given more than 3$380,000 to the Republican governors association, or RGA, since 2006... the year that Perry stepped up his role in that group. One watchdog group estimates the RGA has given Perry's campaigns more than $4 million over the last five years.

A Perry spokesman insists the governor's vaccine decision was based only on women's health concerns, saying "What drove the governor on this issue was protecting life and nothing else."

It's also worth noting that Perry's ties to Merck don't end with a check - his former chief of staff was a lobbyist for Merck before and after he worked for Perry.

Open the window. You can smell this.

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/