PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Ad suggestion (re: Perry and Gardasil)

LudwigVonMisoSoup
09-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Show picture of Rick Perry with lie detector meter in the corner.

Voiceover: Rick Perry admitted to taking campaign contributions from a pharmaceutical company.

Cue video: of " Yes, sir. The company was Merck," *Meter stays in the green.* "and it was a $5,000 contribution that I had received from them." *Meter goes into yellow*

Voiceover: But Rick Perry lied. He received campaign contributions of $30,000 from Merck and half a million from Merck's subsidiaries.

*Zoom/pan on financial records highlighting payments of Merck in excess of $30k and their subsidiaries of $500k*

Cue video: "If you're saying that I can be bought for $5,000, I'm offended." *Meter goes all the way red.*

Voiceover: If Rick Perry is lying now, what else is he hiding from the American people?

RP: I'm Ron Paul and I approved this message.

LibertyEsq
09-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Sounds like an excellent idea. Would be better if it came out of the Bachmann or Romney campaigns but I doubt Bachmann could finance it and I doubt the Romney camp would even attack on Gardasil given Romney's own mandate.

LudwigVonMisoSoup
09-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Bump.

Agorism
09-14-2011, 02:33 PM
I actually don't like the idea of attacking on this issue.

There is to much minutia involved to make a coherent debate out of it in 30 seconds. I'd let Bachmann attack it. She's doing fine.

pauliticalfan
09-14-2011, 02:34 PM
"Lie Detector" ad.

I think that's a brilliant idea.

Except when he says "if you think I can be bought for only 5k im offended" shouldn't it show he's telling the truth there since he's a greedy pig?

LudwigVonMisoSoup
09-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Depends on how you look at it, I suppose. If they cut it off at 'if you think I can be bought,' it would work.

jmdrake
09-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Good ad, but it should be funded by some "independent group" like citizens against forced vaccination or citizens against phony conservatives.

LudwigVonMisoSoup
09-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Good ad, but it should be funded by some "independent group" like citizens against forced vaccination or citizens against phony conservatives.

SuperPac, mayhaps?