PDA

View Full Version : My Ron Paul Story

Wyle
11-05-2007, 03:20 AM
Just wanted to share a bit of my story.

I'm a 25/yr old male, I have never voted. I don't even really remember how I came across ron paul... I was prob messing around on youtube and ran by one of his debate videos. All i know is after first learning about ron paul I could not stop watching all his videos and researching his views... I could not get enough of the message he was giving.

This was only 4 days ago... Since then i've regisitered to vote for the first time ever... told almost everyone I know about Ron Paul... and tonight I donated $100 flat and will be pruchasing another $50 in slim jims to pass out at one of the local meet groups.

Alot can change in 4 days time.... unfortunately not many people in my area know who ron paul is.... hopefully that will change!

Thats my story...whats yours ?

www.myspace.com/wylesf <--- my shrine to ron paul lol

Man from La Mancha
11-05-2007, 03:26 AM
Welcome aboard, there is no cure for what you have, You better look at this video to get the idea how bad you have it...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8rsMhQUFkA. You will only feel better by giving time and money to Ron.

anotherone
11-05-2007, 03:30 AM
Wow. Four days is really fast to go from ignorance to full on support.

I think I first found out about Ron in June through the "Spammers" on the web. I'm a 9 year Libertarian, and former Republican. I definitely agreed with his message. But it still took me about 3 months before I considered donating money and putting my first bumper sticker in the window of my car.

It was the final week of fundraising in September that really got me excited about Ron's potential. Then I started watching the videos and debates. Now it's just getting better every day. I think I'm overly obsessed, but that's too be expected with this November 5th build up.

aroberso
11-05-2007, 03:31 AM
I have it too.

jrich4rpaul
11-05-2007, 03:36 AM
Ron Paul completely changed my outlook on politics. I've never had this much hope/dedication to anything.

Wyle
11-05-2007, 03:46 AM
4 days is pretty quick.... but after listening to 25 years worth of bs politics... it was quick and easy to notice this guy had a real message and had integrity.

I'm tired of the Clintons / Bushes BS.... its def a time for a change for the better!

richard1984
11-05-2007, 03:48 AM
Ron Paul completely changed my outlook on politics. I've never had this much hope/dedication to anything.

Same here.

And that's why we're going to win!

john_anderson_ii
11-05-2007, 03:53 AM
I went to war with a guy name Wyle. Spelled the same too. Did you deploy as part of 6th ESB in 2003?

Just curious.

Benaiah
11-05-2007, 03:54 AM
I just discovered Ron Paul 3 or 4 weeks ago. I hadn't been following the election because all the candidates were "blah" and basically speaking the same message with a different spin. One night I got this bright idea of seeing who the "people" liked the best. In other words, not who the media constantly shoves down our throats, but who the average Joe seems to like.

I decided to first go to YouTube and see who had the most subscribers. When I clicked on Ron Paul's channel I was was floored. "30,000 subscribers?" I said to myself. I was like "isn't this that anti-war nut job I saw arguing with Guiliani about 9/11?" I then went to OpenSecrets.org and saw that he and Edwards were really the only ones that had 100% of their donations from individuals. I then spent the next 8 or 9 hours reading up on Ron Paul and was immediately hooked.

Since discovering Paul, I spend 1-4 hours a day online reading up and researching him, and an hour or so spreading the word around town. I'm now confident that I can explain every one of Paul's positions, and answer any question that somebody may have about him. Starting this week, I'm only going to spend 30min - 1 hour a day reading about him online, and the rest of my 1-3 hours out in real life (hanging signs, standing on the corner, door-kocking, ect).

I am hooked on Ron Paul and his message, and I tell EVERYONE about him. If I'm buying a burger at Mcdonalds, I tell the 16-year-old chick at the register. If I'm pumping gas, a Ron Paul sticker mysteriously appears on the pump. When I go to church, I'm sitting in the front row while the 200 people behind me see the huge "Ron Paul 2008" on the back of my shirt. I see dozens of travelers at my hotel job everyday and I manage to bring Ron Paul into every conversation.

I'm so Ron Pauled out that my girlfriend is probably about ready to dump me.

Corydoras
11-05-2007, 03:57 AM
Like many people, Ron Paul broke into my consciousness in debate when Rudy Giuliani aimed at him in debate claimed never to have heard of blowback. I was startled, because I hadn't been paying attention to the propaganda in the MSM and I thought everybody knew it was about blowback. I hadn't realized that the lie was being perpetrated that "they hate us because we're rich and we're free."

I had heard of the American Freedom Agenda shortly before the debate, in Naomi Wolf's April article about fascism in the U.K. Guardian. When I looked into Ron Paul, I was excited to find out that he had been the first presidential candidate to sign onto it. (And is still the only one other than John Cox.)

For a few more days, I read a little more about Ron Paul's positions on places like ontheissues and votesmart, and then my support was sealed.

Welcome to the Revolution! We can be a little rough and tumble with each other in threads on this forum, but there are a lot of great people and it's a great place to hang out and read. There are lots of tips and links that will help you win over people to Ron Paul, so stick around... welcome again.

Wyle
11-05-2007, 04:00 AM
Nope wrong wyle. Just a nick name I use online. Real name is Anthony!

I like reading how everyone here got hooked on ron paul heh. Go Ron!

Going to my first meet group today... Hopefully somone has a spare bumber sticker or a couple signs I can have :)

libertarian4321
11-05-2007, 04:11 AM
As a Libertarian, I've been a fan of Dr. Paul for a long time. There is no other logical choice for President!

Man from La Mancha
11-05-2007, 04:14 AM
I'm so Ron Pauled out that my girlfriend is probably about ready to dump me.

Girl friends come and go but Freedoms will last your children's lifetime if defended and supported.

Ra_
11-05-2007, 04:22 AM
I was looking at polls about a month ago and saw Barack leading everyone,
except that almost all the foreign polls had someone called Paul leading.
Who the heck is Paul, I wondered?

It only took a few minutes of observation to realize
that I was finally seeing a leader who could not be bought by any special interest group.

Game over