PDA

View Full Version : Media Bias - The Reality

Merk
09-14-2011, 09:03 AM
We are wasting valuable energy fighting media bias against Ron.

We can email, call and comment and it will make no difference. Eventually that frustration will express itself in things like Hannity snow balls, which will backfire on us.

Media makes money by driving traffic to their sites. Ron coverage historically brings massive traffic. Why wouldn’t they want to cover him?

Editorial control of corporate media is really very simple. “Wolf, do you like your job? Don’t let the guy who has been speaking out against the Fed for 30 years, wrote legislation to audit them, and wrote a book about ending the Fed, answer any questions about it. I also want a staff meeting on how we can spin whatever he says to sound kooky and crazy. Get some folks to 'interview' saying how goofy Ron is, plant some agent provacateurs in the debate audience to scream outlandish things when Ron speaks. Do whatever it takes.” Look at how they spin Libya, Fast & Furious, Perry, etc. Spinning Ron is easy.

About 2 years ago my wife made the comment about how much better Ron was being treated by the MSM and how many more speaking ops he was getting. I told her to watch and see if he runs again, and then watch it change back to belittling ridicule.

With the new "sock-puppet" software their job of molding public opinion is even easier. I see quite a few negative comments on Ron cut and pasted across the MSM sites.

Remember, those who own the banks own the media. We threaten their very existence.

We will never get a fair deal. Get over it.

I feel bad for the newer folks who are not used to this and feel calling, emailing, boycotting, etc. will achieve the goal of letting Ron speak. Focus your frustration and anger towards something that will matter. Stop being shocked at his poor treatment, it won’t change.

I like the idea of buying airtime on a national level for Ron as discussed in the other thread. Why not a “State of the Union” address from Ron? Lot’s of RevPAC commercials etc? Ron needs the opportunity to be heard without being filtered by the MSM.

Face to face grassroots campaigning is also one of our effective tools.

The fight will really begin in the primaries with the opportunity for vote fraud. Get ready for that. From ballot stuffing to Diebold, it is going to be very ugly.

This is it. The Republic will not survive without Ron at the helm.

Please add your geurilla campaiging ideas that bypass the MSM and get us real results.

LinuxJedi
09-14-2011, 09:28 AM
I was thinking on this also. I'm not an expert on revolutionary history, but I doubt that those fighting the American Revolution had access to MSM to spread their message either. I think that it might be a good idea to setup local "town halls" for informed Ron Paul supporters to talk about their own views, and inform people about what is happening in the country. Have DVDs to hand out, T-shirts for sale (with profits going to the PAC), and just encourage a discussion about the state of the country. We need to take the message to the people directly ourselves... Ron can only do so much himself.

Can we get townhalls at local colleges? Community space? Retirement homes? Social clubs? The local Starbucks?

People listen to the news, but people also interact with other people... and I think that this interaction is far more powerful than MSM can ever be. You cannot easily "ask the news" about something you are not quite sure of... but if you have someone at a local meeting that has read Ron's books, has thought on the issues, and maybe is not an expert but can engage in a discussion... isn't that more powerful than the news?

Paul4Prez
09-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Freedom is making a comeback because the Internet is putting the media back in the hands of the people. We need to start our own news sites, with our own editorialists, and hold our own debates.

eleganz
09-14-2011, 11:27 PM
I've been saying this for a while now, let's focus the energy of our frustrations into actual local campaigning. Become active in your meetup groups, if you don't have one, start one!

If anybody is in Southern California and tired of all of the crap, come show it this Saturday during the California GOP convention, Ron Paul will be speaking for free at 9am! the grassroots efforts MUST take off!

Merk
09-19-2011, 10:10 AM
I've been saying this for a while now, let's focus the energy of our frustrations into actual local campaigning. Become active in your meetup groups, if you don't have one, start one!

If anybody is in Southern California and tired of all of the crap, come show it this Saturday during the California GOP convention, Ron Paul will be speaking for free at 9am! the grassroots efforts MUST take off!

I'd say you put your money where your mouth is in SoCal. "PRESIDENT PAUL, PRESIDENT PAUL!"

limequat
09-19-2011, 10:24 AM
Taking a page from Wead's article, we could grassroots finance a neocon to stay in the race and split the vote. We know Perry has a price, lol.

Karsten
09-19-2011, 11:10 AM
I guess I'm a naysayer here but we need the media. We don't need them to be on our side but we do need them to report. I still say call and email media and radio talk shows. Going door to door just isn't going to win it.

Todd
09-19-2011, 11:24 AM
I've been a critic of Noam Chomsky. I think he's mostly an equivocator who speaks in circles. However, eveyone occassionaly has a grain of truth to offer. I read an article he wrote several years ago that is right on about our media culture.

When you critique the media and you say, look, here is what Anthony Lewis or somebody else is writing, they get very angry. They say, quite correctly, "nobody ever tells me what to write. I write anything I like. All this business about pressures and constraints is nonsense because I’m never under any pressure." Which is completely true, but the point is that they wouldn’t be there unless they had already demonstrated that nobody has to tell them what to write because they are going say the right thing. If they had started off at the Metro desk, or something, and had pursued the wrong kind of stories, they never would have made it to the positions where they can now say anything they like. The same is mostly true of university faculty in the more ideological disciplines. They have been through the socialization system.