PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on last night's Daily Show and Colbert Report

lucky_bg
09-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Watch for yourself. I would just say Stewart was fair again, and pointed that Ron said no, when people from the audience shouted yes, yes, to the question about young man in coma without insurance.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/tue-september-13-2011-jim-lehrer

On the other hand, Colbert pointed out that Blitzer tried to ambush Ron with that question. Then he pointed that Ron is clearly third in the pack, and that he is polling better than Bachmann. And in the end he brought up "endorsement" by drunk driver on National Geographic channel. But, it wasn't so bad. Guy was drunk, but he was good natured drunk, he was funny and he didn't said anything utterly stupid. And it was kind a sympathetic when he shouted Ron Paul 2012 at the end. Like, his last words were Ron Paul 2012!

And watch whole episode - Colbert bashed Perry really nice with Gore's endorsement.

http://www.colbertnation.com/full-episodes/tue-september-13-2011-al-gore

IterTemporis
09-14-2011, 08:20 AM
At what time do they talk about Ron Paul?

Edit: For Jon Stewart, it's at around 9:00. But I recommend watching the entire beginning.

S.Shorland
09-14-2011, 08:30 AM
I can't watch either of these shows from Britain.Any solutions?

John of Des Moines
09-14-2011, 08:32 AM
I can't watch either of these shows from Britain.Any solutions?

Move.

Or find a website that hides your ISP address and go threw that.

eduardo89
09-14-2011, 08:46 AM
I can't watch either of these shows from Britain.Any solutions?I think comedy central website works in the UK. I'm pretty sure that's how I watched those shows while living on London.

HOLLYWOOD
09-14-2011, 08:53 AM
And in the end he brought up "endorsement" by drunk driver on National Geographic channel. But, it wasn't so bad. Guy was drunk, but he was good natured drunk, he was funny and he didn't said anything utterly stupid. And it was kind a sympathetic when he shouted Ron Paul 2012 at the end. Like, his last words were Ron Paul 2012!

And watch whole episode - Colbert bashed Perry really nice with Gore's endorsement.

http://www.colbertnation.com/full-episodes/tue-september-13-2011-al-goreMSNBC's Morning Joe aired the Colbert drunken supporter clip on their show today about RP receiving an endorsement. The agenda was the same of MSNBC of joke of Ron Paul's candidacy/electability, his wacko supporters, and Constitutional loons by the guy in the video clip.

Scarborough didn't say much Willy Giest and Mark Halaprin yakked about the constitutional drunk.

Darin
09-14-2011, 09:00 AM
They both edited Paul's response down to "That's what freedom is all about, you take risks." Which leaves a really bad impression.

Stewart was somewhat fair as he did point out that Paul said "No." Colbert's was very against Paul. He even said that was Paul's response to "Someone without insurance" which left the impression that that answer covers everyone without insurance (the poor).

Still, both were funny.

- Darin

Bruno
09-14-2011, 09:50 AM
MSNBC's Morning Joe aired the Colbert drunken supporter clip on their show today about RP receiving an endorsement. The agenda was the same of MSNBC of joke of Ron Paul's candidacy/electability, his wacko supporters, and Constitutional loons by the guy in the video clip.

Scarborough didn't say much Willy Giest and Mark Halaprin yakked about the constitutional drunk.

Today and every day, according to statistics, somewhere in the country an Obama supporter and a Perry supporter will likely end up committing a crime much worse than drunk driving. And there will be no media that will try to marginalize the candidate based upon that person's actions.

LibertasPraesidium
09-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Thats because the Obama/Perry supporters havent been told exactly who to support yet, so they aren't supporters.

tangent4ronpaul
09-14-2011, 10:22 AM
So Paul wasn't actually on either show...

What a waste of time! :mad:

Bruno
09-14-2011, 10:23 AM
So Paul wasn't actually on either show...

What a waste of time! :mad:

Title and OP were indeed misleading.

lucky_bg
09-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Title and OP were indeed misleading.

Well, he wasn't there in person, ofcourse, but there was a lot of talk about him... :p