PDA

View Full Version : Question! Need help.. HR 2887

Michigan11
09-14-2011, 06:50 AM
In another forum, this guy got this email below and wanted to know why Ron Paul didn't object and demand a vote.

I haven't heard of this vote so I thought I would ask here. Thanks

Congressmen nowhere to be found: House passes extension of bloated spending programs on a voice vote.

xxxxxxxxxx,

HR 2887 extended transportation construction programs at funding levels above the House-passed budget. This six-month spending bill didn't even have a cost estimate from the Congressional Budget Office.

And they passed it without a recorded vote.

>> Call your Representatives and ask: "why didn't you object to this bill?"

The transportation package has long been the poster child of irresponsible Washington spending. When the House passed a budget in the Spring, they lowered transportation funding, representing a curb on Washington's spending binge. And today, the House of Representatives turned its back on this spending discipline. Any Representative could have asked for a recorded vote on this bill, but none did.

>> Call your Representative, ask why they didn't object, and send us a call report now.

Congressmen need to hear from conservatives on this issue. Call your Representative and send us a call report now.

Thanks for your help on this important issue,

Russ Vought
Political Director
Heritage Action for America

Michigan11
09-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Anyone have an answer for this? I've searched alot too, but couldn't find anything...

pcosmar
09-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Anyone have an answer for this? I've searched alot too, but couldn't find anything...

Voice vote. No record.

Cosponsors:
David Camp [R-MI4]
John Duncan [R-TN2]
Sander Levin [D-MI12]
John Lewis [D-GA5]
Thomas Petri [R-WI6]
Nick Rahall [D-WV3]

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h112-2887

thehungarian
09-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Ugh, Tom Petri is my congressman. What a useless dickhead.