PDA

View Full Version : 9/13 Hardball - Chris Mathews Said Ron Paul Stated in Debate Ppl Should be Allowed to Die

Tim724
09-14-2011, 06:41 AM
I knew the media would attribute those audience shouts to Dr Paul. Yesterday on MSNBC's Hardball, in the last 60 seconds of the show Chris Mathews plainly said that Ron Paul stated that seriously injured people who do not have health insurance should be allowed to die.

In response, I wrote the following to the Hardball show:

Hello,
I would like to request a retraction from Chris Mathews regarding the Tuesday 9/13 episode of Hardball.

In the last 60 seconds of the program Mr Mathews rattled off several statements about the Republican primary race. Among these statements, he said that in the recent CNN Republican debate Ron Paul said that an injured person who chooses not to buy health insurance should be allowed to die.

This is patently NOT TRUE. When that question was asked, MEMBERS OF THE AUDIENCE SHOUTED that the injured man should be allowed to die. In contrast, Ron Paul explained how people without means can and were taken care of without massive government involvement in health care.

This is a significant smear on Dr Paul and I would appreciate an on-air correction by Mr Mathews.

Sincerely,
xxxx

ItsTime
09-14-2011, 06:43 AM
People still watch msnbc? Mathews is a shill for sure.

malkusm
09-14-2011, 06:45 AM
Don't you know that this sort of thing passes for "Breaking News" these days?

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7924/cnnbias.png

Tim724
09-14-2011, 06:46 AM
^^^atleast CNN attributed it to the audience. Mathews blatantly stated that Dr Paul said it himself.

ItsTime
09-14-2011, 06:48 AM
Breaking news: 1000s of people realize how biased the media is and how stupid of questions Wolf was asking.

djruden
09-14-2011, 06:48 AM
Don't pay attention to some of that media spin. Just look at what Obama has to take from his detractors. If Ron Paul does get elected, people will be saying much worse things to discredit him.

zHorns
09-14-2011, 06:57 AM
People have been saying this all across the web.

I got into a debate with a Professor at the University of Virginia yesterday.

Ron Paul says voluntarily uninsured who get sick should die. Teabaggers cheer. Worst people in the world. http://youtu.be/irx_QXsJiao

You must of watched a different debate. The audience yelled "yes!", not Paul. Here's what really happened http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Am2bWQRNw

The audience yelled "yeah", and they yelled that b/c Paul's answer was that we let him die. Watch it again.

No, he suggests the man assume responsibility. Insurance is all about risk. We wouldn’t sell home insurance to someone whose house in on fire, and we can’t believe that insurance companies or taxpayers should have to share in the mistake of other individuals. We need to empower options for those who cannot help themselves and allow once again for communities, charities, churches and alternative medicine to help fill the need.

People who believes as you do aren't Christians. If guy doesn't buy insurance, ok to punish with a fine. Not ok to let him die.

I didn't respond after that.

Who sets this fine? and does the uninsured simply pay a $100 fine then who pays the bill? I'm not sure of his point.

Ron Paul's own campaign manger from 2008 died over $400,000 dollars in debt because he did not have health insurance.

The number of uninsured Americans skyrockets 4.3 million to a record 50.7 million in 2009.

FACTS: Uninsured Americans have lower life expectancies.

The USA is ranked 49th in the world.

Gee, I wonder if any of you cheering are included in that group?

I wonder how many of your relatives are included in that group?

I wonder how many of your friends are included in that group?

^ More spin. I like how they cite him having $400,000 in bills, which means the hospital took care of him, even without insurance.

They have been spreading this video, and cutting it off before Paul's awesome response about the man dieing.

Furthermore, who said we want this man to die? Hospitals never really turn people away.

This is another explain of a loaded question - designed to make us look bad, no matter our response.

outspoken
09-14-2011, 06:57 AM
Charity through force, i.e. liberalism, should die. What people don't want to acknowledge that in order for that man's life to be sustained with govt assistance, aggression has to be imposed on another individual. True charity of free will requires no violence. That is what Ron Paul was eluding to but not provided time to communicate... like all his other stances. The sheeple want to understand liberty in under a minute or they turn back to government for solutions to everything that plagues this world.

wgadget
09-14-2011, 07:25 AM
Charity through force, i.e. liberalism, should die. What people don't want to acknowledge that in order for that man's life to be sustained with govt assistance, aggression has to be imposed on another individual. True charity of free will requires no violence. That is what Ron Paul was eluding to but not provided time to communicate... like all his other stances. The sheeple want to understand liberty in under a minute or they turn back to government for solutions to everything that plagues this world.

Hey, good idea for tv commercials....the One Minute Of Liberty For Sheeple campaign. Succinct and information-packed on every issue. The grand finale can tie them together.

sailingaway
09-14-2011, 07:39 AM
I knew the media would attribute those audience shouts to Dr Paul. Yesterday on MSNBC's Hardball, in the last 60 seconds of the show Chris Mathews plainly said that Ron Paul stated that seriously injured people who do not have health insurance should be allowed to die.

In response, I wrote the following to the Hardball show:

Hello,
I would like to request a retraction from Chris Mathews regarding the Tuesday 9/13 episode of Hardball.

In the last 60 seconds of the program Mr Mathews rattled off several statements about the Republican primary race. Among these statements, he said that in the recent CNN Republican debate Ron Paul said that an injured person who chooses not to buy health insurance should be allowed to die.

This is patently NOT TRUE. When that question was asked, MEMBERS OF THE AUDIENCE SHOUTED that the injured man should be allowed to die. In contrast, Ron Paul explained how people without means can and were taken care of without massive government involvement in health care.

This is a significant smear on Dr Paul and I would appreciate an on-air correction by Mr Mathews.

Sincerely,
xxxx

Good email.

undergroundrr
09-14-2011, 08:11 AM
This has come up in 2 debates in a row. "Why don't you libertarians have compassion?"

It might be the most important question to be answered for the general populace. He and we better get good at it. The masses have to be deprogrammed - to learn to associate pro-welfare statists with the Jeffrey Dahmer-esque image they deserve. Until then, Ron Paul is easy for the media to depict as Uncle Scrooge.

The government impoverishes, imprisons and enslaves the poor, the uninsured and the minorities. The government tricks the disadvantaged into volunteering to be war fodder. The government only has compassion for its rich, white lobbyists and campaign contributors. Everything else is Soylent Green.

PaulConventionWV
09-14-2011, 08:17 AM
People have been saying this all across the web.

I got into a debate with a Professor at the University of Virginia yesterday.

You must of watched a different debate. The audience yelled "yes!", not Paul. Here's what really happened http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Am2bWQRNw

No, he suggests the man assume responsibility. Insurance is all about risk. We wouldn’t sell home insurance to someone whose house in on fire, and we can’t believe that insurance companies or taxpayers should have to share in the mistake of other individuals. We need to empower options for those who cannot help themselves and allow once again for communities, charities, churches and alternative medicine to help fill the need.

I didn't respond after that.

Who sets this fine? and does the uninsured simply pay a $100 fine then who pays the bill? I'm not sure of his point.

^ More spin. I like how they cite him having $400,000 in bills, which means the hospital took care of him, even without insurance.

They have been spreading this video, and cutting it off before Paul's awesome response about the man dieing.

Furthermore, who said we want this man to die? Hospitals never really turn people away.

This is another explain of a loaded question - designed to make us look bad, no matter our response.

Dude, the "audience" did not yell that. That was one loner who thought it would be funny. Maybe he was serious, but it was still just one or two dudes. That's not the audience.

zach
09-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Self-responsibility is a BIG part of Dr. Paul's message. Obviously, not many want to achieve that and would rather have others do the work for them.

There are ways to do many things without having the government do it all for you.

PaulConventionWV
09-14-2011, 08:21 AM
This has come up in 2 debates in a row. "Why don't you libertarians have compassion?"

It might be the most important question to be answered for the general populace. He and we better get good at it. The masses have to be deprogrammed - to learn to associate pro-welfare statists with the Jeffrey Dahmer-esque image they deserve. Until then, Ron Paul is easy for the media to depict as Uncle Scrooge.

The government impoverishes, imprisons and enslaves the poor, the uninsured and the minorities. The government tricks the disadvantaged into volunteering to be war fodder. The government only has compassion for its rich, white lobbyists and campaign contributors. Everything else is Soylent Green.

Ron gave a good answer at the debate. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean the media is going to stop asking him questions like that. It seems that you think Ron has to make it so clear that nobody can misunderstand him and then, "voila!", no more hard questions. It's not gonna happen, man. How many times has Ron explained succinctly that he is NOT an isolationist? Yet, people STILL pin that label on him. He doesn't need to "get good at it." He is already good at it. People are just stupid enough to bring it up over and over again.

LibertasPraesidium
09-14-2011, 08:22 AM
Technically, the audience member could have been staged. However, the answer is that having freedom, is having the RESPONSIBILITY to oneself, when Ron Paul said the man should have had a major medical policy, Blitzer was adamant about saying no, he doesnt have anything. Then RP responded with what happened before Gov't intervention into healthcare, Free clinics, and Churches take care of people; and if the Gov't wasnt involved it would be cheaper for them to do so.