the special election is over...
the scandal is now in the past...
this may be a bellwhether election...

madfoot
09-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Nothing has changed I bet.

dannno
09-14-2011, 10:44 AM
For those who don't know, this was for Anthony Weiner's seat.

Nothing has changed I bet.

Legislatively, maybe not.. but it's a huge bellwether as this has always been a heavily Democratic district. It shows what people are thinking. It shows that people are not happy with Obama.

madfoot
09-14-2011, 02:06 PM
That's hardly news, though. Not being happy with Obama doesn't automatically mean they're any more open to libertarian ideas.

Aratus
09-14-2011, 03:10 PM
we have high hopes. we have high hopes. we have high hopes.

trey4sports
09-14-2011, 03:13 PM
I read a writeup on this and apparently the turnout was uber low. Turner is better than most dem's but is about average for Republicans.

libertygrl
09-14-2011, 03:27 PM
From what I can tell, he's just going to be another Chuck Schumer on foreign policy and civil liberties. Putting Israel ahead of America. Meanwhile the local Tea Party forum I frequent were all for this guy just because he was a Republican. We're screwed here in NY. :mad:

National Security
I strongly oppose trying foreign terrorists in a civilian court. I will stand firmly with our allies and strongly defend the state of Israel.

Israel
Israel is America's only dependable democratic ally in the Middle East. Obama is wrong to pressure Israel to accept the indefensible pre-1967 war borders. I believe that Jerusalem should remain free and recognized as the capital of Israel. I agree with Israel’s policy of refusing to negotiate with Hamas which has formed an alliance with Fatah/Abbas. I oppose attempts to have the UN recognize a Palestinian state in September.

http://bobturnerforcongress.com/Issues.aspx

Aratus
09-14-2011, 04:51 PM
THE SEAT WAS DEMOCRAT FOR EIGHTY EIGHT YEARs!

have any of you heard of Al Smith? or Cal Coolidge???

the last Republican to sit in the seat has to have been

party loyal to Warren G. Harding!!! for crying out loud!!

Maximus
09-14-2011, 05:11 PM
This is why we have to win this primary. The White House is ripe for the taking.

dannno
09-14-2011, 05:35 PM
This is why we have to win this primary. The White House is ripe for the taking.

Yes, that is the appropriate conclusion to what i was sayin.

Aratus
09-16-2011, 06:33 PM
BOB TURNER is a topic on THE McLAUGHLIN GROUP right now!