PDA

View Full Version : Roland Martin: "GOP race not down to Romney and Perry"

RestoreTheRepublic
09-13-2011, 09:40 PM
I really never liked him on CNN, but I have to give him some credit for this article. Definitely have a little more respect for him than I did.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/09/opinion/martin-romney-perry/index.html?iref=allsearch

James Madison
09-13-2011, 09:48 PM
I remember he came out in support of Dr. Paul after his spat with the Ghoul back in '07.

RestoreTheRepublic
09-13-2011, 09:49 PM
I remember he came out in support of Dr. Paul after his spat with the Ghoul back in '07.

Did not know that, good to know.

Bruno
09-13-2011, 09:50 PM
"Look, I get the polls. And yes, it could come down to those two. But our actions are utterly shameful when we choose to negate every other candidate solely because we have determined that they can't be elected.

Bachmann? Too crazy. Rep. Ron Paul? A space cadet. Newt Gingrich? A retread. Jon Huntsman? Too moderate. Rick Santorum? Too preachy.

The problems with these predetermined winners and losers is that our coverage is slanted toward those who we think stand the best chance at winning, thereby depriving any other candidate the opportunity to put their message forward."

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-13-2011, 09:57 PM
If one thing 2008 told us with the election of President Barack Obama, it is to throw conventional wisdom out the window. Maybe the only way we do that is throw out all these professional Washington political reporters and commentators who make it more about them than the American voter.Who hires them? Why do so many of them say the same thing? They aren't acting on their own. Come on.

eleganz
09-13-2011, 10:00 PM
I like his honesty, makes a great point.

king_nothing_
09-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Wow, a journalist who actually wants "journalists" to act like respectable journalists? That's a rare bird. Great article.