PDA

View Full Version : New York Sun Compares Ron Paul Last Night To George Washington In His Farewell Address

Zatch
09-13-2011, 07:23 PM
http://www.nysun.com/editorials/ron-pauls-farewell-address/87484/

Make sure to read the last paragraph before you get mad.

AJ187
09-13-2011, 07:30 PM
:rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
09-13-2011, 07:34 PM
I hope Ron and the campaign have something in mind, because last night hurt us.

CaptainAmerica
09-13-2011, 07:56 PM
I hope Ron and the campaign have something in mind, because last night hurt us. w/e who cares,they were a bunch of fox watching brainwashed retirees who only care about social security issue.

realtonygoodwin
09-13-2011, 08:00 PM
w/e who cares,they were a bunch of fox watching brainwashed retirees who only care about social security issue.

WHO VOTE! C'mon guys.

Sentient Void
09-13-2011, 08:21 PM
I hope Ron and the campaign have something in mind, because last night hurt us.

No way. Apparently you forgot the exchange between Ghouliani and Paul back in 2007... Ron Paul was booed there too, and Ghouliani cheered... how did that work out for Ghouliani? And what happened to the libertarian movement after this exchange?

It was a win. And he made a great response. He did *epic* last night - and it will have gotten us *more* votes, not less. You are also forgetting the all the cheers he got throughout the night - more thunderous applause more often than any of the other candidates - and even when he was booed, there were at least as many people cheering him on.

Just because there are some loud neocons in the room, doesn't mean they represent the whole of the republicans nor especially the nation. At the very least - he definitely got more support from independents and dems.

Gumba of Liberty
09-13-2011, 08:42 PM
No way. Apparently you forgot the exchange between Ghouliani and Paul back in 2007... Ron Paul was booed there too, and Ghouliani cheered... how did that work out for Ghouliani? And what happened to the libertarian movement after this exchange?

It was a win. And he made a great response. He did *epic* last night - and it will have gotten us *more* votes, not less. You are also forgetting the all the cheers he got throughout the night - more thunderous applause more often than any of the other candidates - and even when he was booed, there were at least as many people cheering him on.

Just because there are some loud neocons in the room, doesn't mean they represent the whole of the republicans nor especially the nation. At the very least - he definitely got more support from independents and dems.

Agreed, granted Dr. Paul should talk more about Letters of Marque and Reprisal when he is questioned for being soft on terrorism. Relate it to the something the American public can understand like the Wild West. Should the Union have invaded the Western Territories to fight Jessie James and Billy the Kid?

Aratus
09-13-2011, 08:46 PM
our 1st potus

sailingaway
09-13-2011, 10:30 PM
I posted this earlier; I'll merge the threads.