PDA

View Full Version : HUGE positive response from overpass today

deedles
11-05-2007, 01:18 AM
:D Just to add to the festive atmosphere tonight...

A couple of us from my meetup were on the overpass earlier tonight. I've been out on overpasses since June and tonight was unreal. The honks. The frantic, happy waving... people screaming out their windows "YEAH, RON PAUL!"...

We did a traffic count... got approx 2400 cars per hour. We did a honk/seriously- happy-waving-with-a-purpose count (as opposed to people waving because we're waving) and the positive response was 25%!! Two birds, one thumbs down.

And this was in a mid-sized city in Wisconsin to boot!

Semi's were honking at a crazy percentage. It was hard for me to tell at one point where all the honks were coming from.

It's working.

!

krott5333
11-05-2007, 01:27 AM
:D Just to add to the festive atmosphere tonight...

A couple of us from my meetup were on the overpass earlier tonight. I've been out on overpasses since June and tonight was unreal. The honks. The frantic, happy waving... people screaming out their windows "YEAH, RON PAUL!"...

We did a traffic count... got approx 2400 cars per hour. We did a honk/seriously- happy-waving-with-a-purpose count (as opposed to people waving because we're waving) and the positive response was 25%!! Two birds, one thumbs down.

And this was in a mid-sized city in Wisconsin to boot!

Semi's were honking at a crazy percentage. It was hard for me to tell at one point where all the honks were coming from.

It's working.

!

the semis were honking cuz theyre sick and tired of paying $3.50 a gallon for diesel!

Corydoras
11-05-2007, 01:36 AM
I bet more people know about Nov 5 than we can imagine!

Informer
11-05-2007, 01:37 AM
I have heard about those signs on overpasses but I have never seen one. I live near Atlanta, GA. Somebody on another board I post on says he saw one somewhere that I typically drive often but hadn't been on. (A stretch of I-85.) But I went that way later and I do not recall seeing them.

Maybe the law is more strict about things like that around here? Perhaps? I dunno.

But I think it's a good idea. And hopefully it paid off. :)

I guess we'll have to see tomorrow...