PDA

View Full Version : Is it not true that Ron Paul is backed by Scientology?

Give me liberty
11-05-2007, 01:12 AM
there is a guy on youtube who he claim's ron paul is been backed by Scientology
and yet i have seen no supporting fact on that claim.

Syren123
11-05-2007, 01:14 AM
It is not true.
He may have supporters who are Scientologists (I know some), but that's the extent of it.
People are grasping at anything...it's so pitiful!

TheConstitutionLives
11-05-2007, 01:15 AM

What does that mean? "backed by it" huh?

ConstitutionGal
What does it matter who supports Dr. Paul? Freedom is popular with people of all faiths and economic means.

(this guy's probably got his wires crossed just because Dr. Paul was on the same Leno show as Tom Cruise, a Scientologist, and Tom thanked Dr. Paul for a couple of his Congressional votes regarding psychiatric testing.

steph3n
hahaha, this is because they are both against forced mental screening?

it is a total joke, I don't even think many scientologist here, and if he was into that thing i promise you money would be NO ISSUE, those scientologist are LOADED.

0zzy

Tom Cruise thanks him for voting against forcing children to get mental health screenings. Scientologist don't like mind-altering drugs, even if it's for better.

Craig_R
scientology is not a person, so I'd have to say no, he's not backed by scientology.
He may have some scientologists as supporters but so what.

bbachtung
11-05-2007, 01:16 AM
I'm sure that some Scientologists are backing RP, just as some Catholics, born-again Christians, Mormons, Muslims, and atheists are.

If the Youtube guy is saying that RP is being pushed upon us by the Church of Scientology, then I think that he's nuts.

fj45lvr
11-05-2007, 01:17 AM
WHO CARES???????

The rest of the candidates are BACKED by MORONS!!! thats all that matters.

steph3n
11-05-2007, 01:20 AM
WHO CARES???????

The rest of the candidates are BACKED by MORONS!!! thats all that matters.

you mean backed by MORANS? :D

(silly sign humor)

Drknows
11-05-2007, 01:21 AM
They wouldnt come out and support a candidate they know the media.

john_anderson_ii
11-05-2007, 01:24 AM
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion

No matter how silly the religion is, I don't see why it would be a bad thing if scientologists were to back him.

Craig_R
11-05-2007, 01:24 AM
you mean backed by MORANS? :D

(silly sign humor)

lol, get a brain you morans.

SeanEdwards
11-05-2007, 01:25 AM
Vote Paul/Xenu in '08!

American
11-05-2007, 01:29 AM
Tom Cruise thanks him for voting against forcing children to get mental health screenings. Scientologist don't like mind-altering drugs, even if it's for better.

Better for who, the kids or the drug companies?

I think this is so dangerous, to create this dependence at such a young age, these kids dont have a chance of a normal life. Let the kids be kids, they do stupid stuff, there kids.

Give me liberty
11-05-2007, 01:33 AM
thanks for the comments i am trying to relpy to a guy who made that comment

here's my respond.

Ron paul is not backed by Scientology
and second of all you have no supporting evidence to backup your claim

james1906
11-05-2007, 01:38 AM
www.thetansforpaul.com

Shaun
11-05-2007, 01:41 AM
I have been a Scientologist for many years, I live in Hollywood, I run a well known entertainment company and I can tell you this, tomorrow, there will be thousands of Scientologists all over the planet donating to this guy. And as you know, we do have money. All the celebs in Scientology Hollywood are behind him. Including the big names, they can't go public and they won't but they are encouraging their people to donate. Why? Simple, we agree with him on everything....we are absoultely against Abortion, we do not believe in drugging kids under ANY circumstances and supporting those big pharma companies, we believe in massive
personal liberty and total freedom and we don't like war. What else? ....Oh and we love the guy because he's for health freedom as it relates to nutritional products.
By the way, as a group, we are just about as crazy as you guys...
Everyone knows that. Just ask the MSM...

bbachtung
11-05-2007, 01:45 AM
I have been a Scientologist for many years, I live in Hollywood, I run a well known entertainment company and I can tell you this, tomorrow, there will be thousands of Scientologists all over the planet donating to this guy. And as you know, we do have money. All the celebs in Scientology Hollywood are behind him. Including the big names, they can't go public and they won't but they are encouraging their people to donate. Why? Simple, we agree with him on everything....we are absoultely against Abortion, we do not believe in drugging kids under ANY circumstances and supporting those big pharma companies, we believe in massive
personal liberty and total freedom and we don't like war. What else? ....Oh and we love the guy because he's for health freedom as it relates to nutritional products.

Welcome to the club. Freedom unites us regardless of religious beliefs.

steph3n
11-05-2007, 01:45 AM

I am a christian, I disagree with your beliefs, but it is a fundamental freedom in our country, that you have been denied in some respects. in some countries they even have laws that specifically say no scientologist.

Stand up for freedom, and we will all be better. No one should be marginalized because of their beliefs.

MGreen
11-05-2007, 01:50 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of Scientologists support Paul. Every minority group, especially those with beliefs that conflict with popular opinion or trends, should be attracted to the message.

And if Shaun and his info is legit, I'm excited for today.

Corydoras
11-05-2007, 01:53 AM
All the celebs in Scientology Hollywood are behind him. Including the big names, they can't go public and they won't but they are encouraging their people to donate.

This is excellent news. I had been wondering about that myself. VERY glad to hear it.

Still doesn't mean Ron is backed by the religion per se, any more than he's "backed by Catholicism" because they agree with the just war theory and the consistent life ethic.

Ron Paul brings together people of all stripes.

steph3n
11-05-2007, 01:54 AM
Ron Paul backed by PEOPLE

james1844
11-05-2007, 01:55 AM

You know, I always thought that scientologists got a bum rap. - Shaun, welcome on board the freedom train.

bbachtung
11-05-2007, 01:56 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of Scientologists support Paul. Every minority group, especially those with beliefs that conflict with popular opinion or trends, should be attracted to the message.

And if Shaun and his info is legit, I'm excited for today.

That's why returning to the Constitution and the democratic republic -- in which individual rights are protected against the tyranny of the majority -- will benefit almost everyone (except the ruling elites).

devil21
11-05-2007, 02:00 AM
If RP was backed by Scientologists then Tom Cruise would have made it to RP's fundraiser. The subject makes it sound like they are the "lifeblood" behind Ron Paul's campaign. RP brings all people together.

Shaun
11-05-2007, 02:19 AM
Thank you for welcoming me. I will be donating tomorrow and many of my friends and professional associates here in Los Angeles will be doing the same. It's the first time I have ever seen this level of interest in politics from our people. I believe that the 12,000,000 target will be reached with ease. The question is now can he win NH? If he does, it's on for the country. Thank God. This country is 13.5 trillion in the hole, increasing at one trillion every 15 months and from there it's a nightmare equation for all of us....further, as you all know, the Chinese ( Scientology and Falun Gong are banned and followers jailed and persecuted) have us by the balls.
I believe that many of my friends realize this is America's last hope for economic and personal survival. The company I run is represented in 27 countries and we have seen a real increase in anti US sentiment since King George and co took over. I travel a lot and it's sad to see how in six years we have gone from being the hero's and freedom fighters of the world to being viewed as a bunch of aggressive bastards. You guys are really great people, courageous and visionary; it's people like you that won America it's freedom from another King George...your family ancestors would be so proud of each and everyone of you and are likely cheering you on to keep going for the gold and pushing against the odds. Me? I'm the son of an Irish miner who never owned a car and never made more than $100 a week in his life, he was a tough and hardy guy, who taught me about freedom and I can see a lot of you are like that. I like that. Especially when you add the word "smart" to that equation.
Anyway we are here, crazy like you for RP, intending to help this champion of ours and we will back you up in any way we can.
Thanks again for the welcome.
Shaun.

Shaun
11-05-2007, 02:30 AM
Tom Cruise is the worlds number one movie star of ALL time. Check the stats, his films have brought in more than six billion dollars, he is also the MS medias number one target to hit because of his adamant stance against the pharmaceutical industry which is the USA's most profitable (bottom line) industry. If he was to publicly come out for Ron Paul he would be crucified and so would RP, Tom is smart, very smart, I live in the Hollywood Hills and I can absolutely tell you that he is for RP and would never ever go to any fundraiser. It would be suicide and he knows it. The MSM hate Tom, because he's rich, good looking, happy and they can never find any dirt on him ( cocaine, gay sex, group sex, financial swindles, being drunk, violent, cheating on his wife, etc etc..) so they hit him in the only place he's vulnerable; his religion, which they completely warp and misrepresent, because he has been out there hitting their biggest advertisers and because, well, because they can...you guys are seeing it with Ron. They want to maintain their nice little status quo... Tom knows how the game is played with a tremendous level of sophistication, but I can absolutely tell you the Ron's positions are completely in line with the Cruise view of the world. Same for Travolta and many of the other well known guys here in town...
That's all I got guys. Let's get on with it..

Shaun
11-05-2007, 02:32 AM
By the way thanks for the polite welcome notes..
going to sleep now. Looking forward to the totals in the morning...
Goodnight...

john_anderson_ii
11-05-2007, 02:48 AM
As a white, Christian, son of a business owner, I move in very conservative circles. I remember back in the late 90's, before 9/11, it was Scientology that was at the core of the big religion debates. I was constantly reminding the fools I hung out with*, that the establishment of a religion wasn't up to the government. I was constantly reminding them the dangers of state enforced religious monopoly. Many of my FFA, and Young Republican friends were very supportive of government investigations into that religion and/or legislation to ban the religion. This was in high school, and we were working purely with hypothetical situations, but the amount of student support in favor of suppressing unorthodox ideas was staggering.

How can anyone who calls them self a republican favor the suppression of any God given right, including the freedom to religious belief.

*Though I still keep in touch with these fools, I can't really hang out with them anymore.

MicroBalrog
11-05-2007, 03:00 AM
If the CoS supported Ron Paul, it'd be awesome.

Hell, if half the amount of Scientologists voted in the primaries, we'd win.

Nevermind if the CoS started funneling it's immense cash to Ron Paul.

Mind, it's possible. The CoS has championed libertarian causes before, especially health freedom and freedom of religion.