PDA

View Full Version : Radio- I had a 15min conversation about Ron Paul this morning... (Audio)

TXcarlosTX
09-13-2011, 12:52 PM
with local radio personalty Jack Riccardi 550AM-KTSA - San Antonio

http://www.ktsa.com/pages/5996495.php

Click on the link and listen to the debate. Click - Jack Riccardi talks with listener/friend of the show Carlos about Ron Paul.

I call into his show couple times a week. And he knows I am a Ron Paul guy.
But Im a nice Ron Paul guy so he lets me on. HA
Jack also is a supporter of Austrian Economics.

Tell me what you think!!! I'm interested in your thoughts.

TXcarlosTX
09-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Jack Riccardi also posted a link to the conversation on his facebook page!

Changing minds one listener at a time!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Jack-Riccardi/155053257898978

Cap'n Crunk
09-13-2011, 01:28 PM
I think you could have done better. When Riccardi says Ron Paul has these whacked out and crazy views on 9/11, you should have mentioned that Ron Paul gets his position on Iraq from our own CIA and the 9/11 Commission Report. Riccardi admits he hasn't even looked into this stuff that closely.

Cap'n Crunk
09-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Riccardi came off as a jerk. It's always hard to argue with these radio guys.

brushfire
09-13-2011, 01:32 PM
He was handing you an argument - "The US is not Iraq"... "A man who burned the fingers off of children to make their parents talk".

Forgive me for the armchair remark: I would have asked who supported Iraq in the 80's, up to a week prior to the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait? Did he know that the US supported Saddam, and helped keep him in power? Just as we do lots of crazy dictators (ALL OVER THE MIDDLE EAST)? For the parents of children with burnt off fingers, how do they perceive the US? How would the radio host perceive a foreign nation who supported torture of this kind to his own children? If someone tortured your kids and was getting their support from China, would you advocate flying planes into their buildings? That's the point that Ron is trying to drive home. Its not only that our foreign policy is unsustainable, its that we are reckless in the propping up of foreign dictators! There is blowback because of it - those arent just the words of Dr Paul, that's straight from our own CIA.

Sorry, I'm sure you were on the spot, and you did well considering. Its just a difficult thing to counter decades of mind control.

TXcarlosTX
09-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Riccardi came off as a jerk. It's always hard to argue with these radio guys.

well i wasn't trying to argue with the guy but have a discussion. his show is listened to by over 1million people in south TEXAS. so to get 14min is good. im sure i made some good points. fuck! ha. can i get a little credit.

D.A.S.
09-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Wow Riccardi shows a heck of a double standard talking about foreign policy. But this is the perfect case study in what we're facing with the electorate in trying get Ron Paul elected. They like PART of the message, but they definitely don't like the messenger.

smartguy911
09-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Yup he is right when he says "Dr. Paul needs to keep some ideas to himself". Makes him look more like a teacher and instead of someone who is trying to win the election

D.A.S.
09-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Yup he is right when he says "Dr. Paul needs to keep some ideas to himself". Makes him look more like a teacher and instead of someone who is trying to win the election

Isn't it sad though that we admit that electing a President is a GAME and that we need the candidates to play that game and play it well to get elected? That is disgusting to me.

Working Poor
09-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Well it sounds like the radio host thinks that if they enemy says something about why they are coming after us that they can't be trusted to be telling the truth. As long as people like him can blow air the words they say will have power.

We are not thinking like the people think from listening to this kind of comme3ntary. You have to know that they want to stand by what they have said in the past. Changing someones mind is very difficult.

Right now I work with a hoarder who has way too much stuff for her house.she cannot admit that she needs to get rid of 50% of her stuff. she thinks of all kinds of reasons to hang on to the most non used of items. she is stubborn as anyone I have ever known. It is very circular she pays me to do work that she will not let me do.

It is crazy just like talking to that host. He cannot accept that our actions have something to do with our wars. I think even if his house got blown up and all were killed he would still not want to look at his enemies reason and only want revenge. Revenge is a deeply held position for many people concerning the war we our fighting. Some people don't want to ask why won't ask why and if they hear why they reject it because they are so focused on revenge.

Ron is doing good he is making some people think it is good and I know something good is going to come our way. He believes in the golden rule of do unto others as you would have them do unto you. He has stood up to terrible odds, disrespect, but has not changed his positions . A lot of people out of whatever cannot understand the we reality that we perceive. some people can't see how they crush others under foot with their competition, and vengeful ways.

Cap'n Crunk
09-13-2011, 01:43 PM
well i wasn't trying to argue with the guy but have a discussion. his show is listened to by over 1million people in south TEXAS. so to get 14min is good. im sure i made some good points. fuck! ha. can i get a little credit.

You definitely held your own. Much better than I could have done. However, I'm not sure if I was an average voter, how I would view the discussion. I sent your boy an email, giving him my 2 cents. :)

Cap'n Crunk
09-13-2011, 01:49 PM

Damn. If a million people listen to his show, I don't understand why we can't get Ron Paul, himself, on the show to discuss this issue. Riccardi agrees with Ron Paul 90 percent of the time. It came across that he just needs a little education on foreign policy.

hazek
09-13-2011, 01:52 PM
I stopped listening half way through because I couldn't bare to listen anymore.

Why in the world did you concede so easily on Ron being wrong about what he said?! The guy says that you can't compare innocent deaths of civilians in Iraq to innocent deaths in USA if someone else did the same to us because of who ran that country and you don't even attempt to argue back? WTF? To me that's where you lost the whole argument and your attempt of "oh ignore that one little thing because he'd do so much good for the economy" was super transparent and super weak!

Ron is right on foreign policy. If you're going to argue and defend and promote him, do not ever again concede that point. EVER!

When he said the USA and Iraq can't be compared you should have said: "so our innocent life is more valuable than innocent life around the world? does it really matter who was their government if they are INNOCENT CIVILIANS? What business of ours was it to try and remove their government? How do we know that all these deaths and suffering was worth it? Maybe these innocent civilians that our policies have killed would have preferred to stay alive and live under a dictator instead being killed by our bombs, just MAYBE?! just maybe they would have figured out a way to get rid of their oppressive government without developing hatred for a foreign nation that bombed them and killed hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in the process which then motivated these same civilians to join radical groups and hijack planes and fly them into our buildings?!"

Tod
09-13-2011, 01:54 PM
I think you could have done better. When Riccardi says Ron Paul has these whacked out and crazy views on 9/11, you should have mentioned that Ron Paul gets his position on Iraq from our own CIA and the 9/11 Commission Report. Riccardi admits he hasn't even looked into this stuff that closely.

I agree. One other thing that should have been brought up is that Dr. Paul DID vote in favor of attacking Afghanistan, negating any opinion that his views on what motivated the terrorists would cause him to be weak. Quite the contrary, following his understanding is likely to REDUCE the chances of the need for future conflict.

TXcarlosTX
09-13-2011, 02:08 PM
I stopped listening half way through because I couldn't bare to listen anymore.

Why in the world did you concede so easily on Ron being wrong about what he said?! The guy says that you can't compare innocent deaths of civilians in Iraq to innocent deaths in USA if someone else did the same to us because of who ran that country and you don't even attempt to argue back? WTF? To me that's where you lost the whole argument and your attempt of "oh ignore that one little thing because he'd do so much good for the economy" was super transparent and super weak!

Ron is right on foreign policy. If you're going to argue and defend and promote him, do not ever again concede that point. EVER!

When he said the USA and Iraq can't be compared you should have said: "so our innocent life is more valuable than innocent life around the world? does it really matter who was their government if they are INNOCENT CIVILIANS? What business of ours was it to try and remove their government? How do we know that all these deaths and suffering was worth it? Maybe these innocent civilians that our policies have killed would have preferred to stay alive and live under a dictator instead being killed by our bombs, just MAYBE?! just maybe they would have figured out a way to get rid of their oppressive government without developing hatred for a foreign nation that bombed them and killed hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in the process which then motivated these same civilians to join radical groups and hijack planes and fly them into our buildings?!"

but its his show. his home court. he can just hang up. i have to play the game a little. i have to balance trying to give some points out. if i try to argure like you want me to then ill never get on the radio. they wont even take my call.

play da game yo!

Diashi
09-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Sorry dude, but I really wish I could have been in your shoes because I think although you made some good points, it really fell short of defending Paul. You even said "Yeah..." after this guy said he was unelectable.

Tod
09-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Don't let them get you down, Carlos. Could it have been better? Sure, it always could, but don't forget, the host is a professional speaker and you are not and if you are anything like most people, you're at least a little nervous about being on the air and that makes it more difficult to sound really good. Try to get on the air again; practice makes perfect!! :)

fearthereaperx
09-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Good conversation, Carlos. Great job on pointing out how the debt situation all ties in with our brazen foreign policy. Once one logically thinks that over they will come to the same conclusion as Paul. Liberty, peace, prosperity are all one package. And to his pointing out that you got into politics because of Ron Paul and that somehow means that you're naive because of it, is a total misnomer. We're with him because Paul syncronizes with OUR OWN core ideas and values that we have already come to learn and have taken to heart.

It could've been anyone else saying those things, but it's him. If there weren't a candidate like Paul around, I am sure the majority of supporters would still be searching for that unique individual and not settling for less. I am 30 years old and have never voted in a Presidential election, and I am still proud of that achievement.

Vote for the candidate, not the party.

Eric21ND
09-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Not to bust on you too much, but you need to bone up on foreign policy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qffUUbMJyag

Prof. Robert Pape on Suicide Terrorism
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL69EBA4BAED49C7CB

Tiger35
09-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Agreed. Here is another shorter one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udz5_FdoFGU&feature=player_embedded

The Free Hornet
09-13-2011, 03:10 PM
"Unelectable" is a lie and it will hurt the media big time. In a more digital economy, all these rags have is their reputation and they are pissing it away.

mit26chell
09-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Where's the debate?

Paul has never argued that we are to blame. Paul argues that our policy is to blame.

Revolution9
09-13-2011, 03:37 PM

Yes. + four medium credits:)

HTH
Rev9

TheLasersShadow
09-13-2011, 04:37 PM
It's hard to blame a man in the arena but this wasn't a good call in. You let him call RP crazy without confronting him on it and explaining blowback. You where all over the place ... I'm sorry you let this guy walk all over you and make the case AGAINST Paul.

People when you call in don't be timid and let these morons spout their ignorant crap, be as nice as you can but be forceful. KNOW YOUR STUFF IF YOUR GOING TO CALL IN, be ready to defend the foreign policy from every angle possible because it WILL come up and is the publics idiot spot as the MSM makes sure of that.

Know how to explain why 9/11 happened, that the truth matters as our whole foreign policy is built upon it. Have QUOTES from people like Michael Scheuer memorized ready to go, be ready to ridicule the host with something to the effect that Switzerland is free and western why were they not attacked. Challenge the host, have a game plan going in about what topics you want to hit and how they are normally countered so you can be ready to respond smoothly and accurately.

Anyone on the fence wasn't going to join our camp with this call.

TXcarlosTX
09-13-2011, 04:49 PM
It's hard to blame a man in the arena but this wasn't a good call in. You let him call RP crazy without confronting him on it and explaining blowback. You where all over the place ... I'm sorry you let this guy walk all over you and make the case AGAINST Paul.

People when you call in don't be timid and let these morons spout their ignorant crap, be as nice as you can but be forceful. KNOW YOUR STUFF IF YOUR GOING TO CALL IN, be ready to defend the foreign policy from every angle possible because it WILL come up and is the publics idiot spot as the MSM makes sure of that.

Know how to explain why 9/11 happened, that the truth matters as our whole foreign policy is built upon it. Have QUOTES from people like Michael Scheuer memorized ready to go, be ready to ridicule the host with something to the effect that Switzerland is free and western why were they not attacked. Challenge the host, have a game plan going in about what topics you want to hit and how they are normally countered so you can be ready to respond smoothly and accurately.

Anyone on the fence wasn't going to join our camp with this call.

its not as easy as you think. but id be interested in hearing you call into your local or national radio. it is the easiest way to get the message out to the most people.
AND
I bet alot of the listeners didn't know that Ron Paul gets the most donations from active military. That has to be a positive for our cause. But like I said. I play da game. When the Texas primary comes around I want to see how his listening areas do.

fearthereaperx
09-13-2011, 05:00 PM
its not as easy as you think. but id be interested in hearing you call into your local or national radio. it is the easiest way to get the message out to the most people.
AND
I bet alot of the listeners didn't know that Ron Paul gets the most donations from active military. That has to be a positive for our cause. But like I said. I play da game. When the Texas primary comes around I want to see how his listening areas do.

Yeah, I think you played it perfectly by making it a non-confrontational, legit discussion on opposing ideas. Also, conceding here and there is also a good strategy in making the other person to take you more seriously and listen to what you have to say. RP's message needs time for it to digest.. coming in guns-a-blazin' would just fit the sterotypical names they throw out at supporters anyways and would've surely ended with less time for the message to get out.

speciallyblend
09-13-2011, 05:00 PM
AND

at work right now but gotta love the monday morning quarterbacks!!

Esoteric
09-13-2011, 05:08 PM
man, why did you keep agreeing with his awful arguments? you could have hit him so much harder.. being a little snappier with the retaliation would have served you well.. and you were a little too nice in accepting his stupid arguments. good job though.

Diashi
09-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Where's the debate?

Paul has never argued that we are to blame. Paul argues that our policy is to blame.

This is THE subject to address here. It's the first thing Paul should have said last night, and it's the first thing that should have been said in the radio discussion.

Carole
09-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Good for you.

You should have made clear that it was the CIA that profferred "blowback" as the reason for the jihadists hating us. Ron Paul was NOT baliming us for the terrorism. He was illustrating a point and the radio guy was demagoguing just like all neocons.

And you should have made it clear that the Tea Party Express is a top-down RINO neocon group, not at all associated with the genuine grassroots tea party that originated with Ron Paul.

TXcarlosTX
09-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I think you played it perfectly by making it a non-confrontational, legit discussion on opposing ideas. Also, conceding here and there is also a good strategy in making the other person to take you more seriously and listen to what you have to say. RP's message needs time for it to digest.. coming in guns-a-blazin' would just fit the sterotypical names they throw out at supporters anyways and would've surely ended with less time for the message to get out.

thats what im talking about. you understand what i mean. guns-a-blazin leaves you on the sidelines posting on the forums board all day. not for me

Eric21ND
09-13-2011, 05:43 PM
Congrats on having the balls to call in though, mucho kudos for that effort!

When discussing foreign policy I don't even bring up Ron's name, I talk CIA, Michael Scheuer, Robert Pape.

TXcarlosTX
09-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Hey guys, I got invited in studio to be a on panel of 4 people on OCT 28. They talk about whatever is going on in local, state and national politics.

HAHA!!!

I have an entire month to get my shit together. I need to be able to defend our liberty positions in a radio friendly way.

I'm hyped up. But my sports nickname is "Primetime"! So I'm sure ill hit that shit out the park!!!

D.A.S.
09-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Brush up on the defense points of Ron's policies! :-)

KingNothing
09-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Hey guys, I got invited in studio to be a on panel of 4 people on OCT 28. They talk about whatever is going on in local, state and national politics.

HAHA!!!

I have an entire month to get my shit together. I need to be able to defend our liberty positions in a radio friendly way.

I'm hyped up. But my sports nickname is "Primetime"! So I'm sure ill hit that shit out the park!!!

I recommend listening to as many Michael Scheuer interviews on youtube as possible. Learn that stuff. Even memorize exact phrases. Know it by wrote. Know it so well that you don't even have to think to be able to cite specific lines and details.

Zachary
09-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Jack Riccardi is a low grade moron. I don't know how you stand to listen to his show.

Verrater
09-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Make sure you ask them if they are conspiracy theorists because they disagree with the CIA, DOD, NSA, Paul wolfowitz, and the 9/11 commission report.

TXcarlosTX
09-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Make sure you ask them if they are conspiracy theorists because they disagree with the CIA, DOD, NSA, Paul wolfowitz, and the 9/11 commission report.

yeah, i dont think the entire 2 hrs will be about ron paul policies but they will come up. my main thing is to come off as knowledgeable on issues and to point out the hypocrisy of positions both sides have. also come off as polite and respectful and not get into a screaming match. i want people to think that not all ron paulers are assholes!!!

i actually plan on listen to alot of peter schiff stuff. he has great one liners. plus some jack hunter for substance.

bpitas
09-26-2011, 02:57 PM
I can't seem to find that audio clip in the archives of the site anymore, so I didn't get to listen. But I *will* say that I have called into Pete's Big Mouth (which is on Sirius Radio 124 - national radio... sorta...) and I've brought up Ron Paul several times, and it's NOT easy. These guys are professional talk-show hosts, so when they want to cut you down (if you're arrogant or try to force issues) they will blow you up and you won't even get to fight back because they will just hang up on you. So I think the OP had the right approach, although I don't know I would have told Pete he was right when he denigrated Dr. Paul.
Based on my experience of calling in a few times, I actually suspect that some talk-show hosts have a flashcard of points to cut people down with, and they are specifically chosen to be things that will be hard to discount on the air. Especially since the show I call into is during my afternoon commute home, I'm driving in my car and so I'm not going to be looking up stuff on the internet in real time like he can.
I think the last time I called in, when I talked about how great Ron Paul was Pete said something like "Well if he's so great, do you agree with him that the civil rights act of 1964 was wrong?!?" I'm paraphrasing here, cuz I was driving and had no way to write down what he said, but it was something like that. And I obviously had no idea what he was even talking about. I did actually look up what I *think* he was referring to and it was some bill that businesses can't bar certain groups of people based on race or religion, and I guess at some point Dr. Paul had said in an interview that he didn't agree with that law because it forced private individuals to admit/service certain people that they may not want to otherwise. And when I read more into Dr. Paul's REASON for why he said that, he basically said that the free market will fix things like that - if businesses decide to do that then they will lose business and it will be their own fault - the market will speak.
Anyway, that wasn't he first time that Pete had thrown out something during one of my calls where I didn't immediately know the answer (and I don't think I *could* have) about Ron Paul's position on something and I couldn't defend it.
But then I realized something important. Thing with Ron Paul is this: Even if you tell me something that Ron Paul said and/or voted against, I *know* in my heart that once I read the actual bill in question that Ron Paul's interpretation of the constitutionality of that bill will be 100% correct, and I will agree with his reason for voting the way he did. And THAT is what makes Ron Paul the man we need as president. If any other candidate does something that sounds bad, it probably IS bad. If Ron Paul does something that sounds bad, he's got a good reason for it and you can trust him that it's actually the right approach. No other candidate deserves my trust in that way.
I haven't called into Pete's Big Mouth in a while, but next time I do and he tries to nail me with a "gotcha" question, I'm going to pull that out and disarm him by turning his gotcha question around on him. :-)

Eric21ND
09-26-2011, 03:32 PM
No don't you even dare say the word "conspiracy" in any context. It has too many negative connotations.

Eric21ND
09-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Foreign policy was your weak area so I'd listen to these discussions and take some notes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qffUUbMJyag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4HnIyClHEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwODYq63ku0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPhDVigmGQ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD7hdRcapYM

Eric21ND
09-26-2011, 03:44 PM
yeah, i dont think the entire 2 hrs will be about ron paul policies but they will come up. my main thing is to come off as knowledgeable on issues and to point out the hypocrisy of positions both sides have. also come off as polite and respectful and not get into a screaming match. i want people to think that not all ron paulers are assholes!!!

i actually plan on listen to alot of peter schiff stuff. he has great one liners. plus some jack hunter for substance.
You should have an understanding of the gold standard because people like to attack Ron on that issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRTbR2ZQWxY

pahs1994
09-26-2011, 04:09 PM

Yes good idea! Go on there and let the Schiff hit the fan!

KingNothing
09-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Anyway, that wasn't he first time that Pete had thrown out something during one of my calls where I didn't immediately know the answer (and I don't think I *could* have) about Ron Paul's position on something and I couldn't defend it.

I haven't called into Pete's Big Mouth in a while, but next time I do and he tries to nail me with a "gotcha" question, I'm going to pull that out and disarm him by turning his gotcha question around on him. :-)

It is our duty to be well-versed on EVERY issue. Civil liberties, economic liberties, foreign policy, finance, history, logic, etc. We NEED to have every answer to every question that can be asked.

Waste some hours arguing on the net with ultra liberals, then do the same with chicken-hawks. We're being held to an absurd intellectual standard because we're trying to completely upset the apple cart. Every "gotcha" question that we can't answer is held against the entire movement.

bpitas
09-26-2011, 05:00 PM
I spend WAY more time than I should on the net debating with liberals. :-) I don't think there is any way I was going to know what the civil rights act of 1964 was though - doesn't come up much!

KingNothing
09-26-2011, 05:01 PM
I spend WAY more time than I should on the net debating with liberals. :-) I don't think there is any way I was going to know what the civil rights act of 1964 was though - doesn't come up much!

Oh man, really? Rand got hammered with that.

bpitas
09-26-2011, 05:05 PM
5 years ago I didn't give a $hit about politics at all, so I have a TON of catching up to do. If you want to know how to rebuild a T5 transmission out of a Mustang or the firing order for a 425ci engine out of a '64 buick I've got you covered (12784563 btw) but I literally started studying "politics" in 2008. Hopefully in a little bit over a year I'll be marveling at how a scrappy group of grass roots supporters took an "unelectable kook" to the whitehouse. ;-)

TXcarlosTX
10-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Thanks guys for emailing Jack at the radio. I think it had something to do with the fact that I will be instudio tomorrow for 2hrs. I will try my best to represent the case for liberty. Please consider listening in.

This will be the setup of it. http://youtu.be/HzmkGqJ3wfE

Ill take any tips.

Thanks

TXcarlosTX
10-25-2011, 04:22 PM
See here is my interview at the radio station this past Friday. I brought up RON PAUL a bunch of times!!! HAHA

I was introduced as a Austrian!!! HAHA

Ok so here is a video. put start it at 13:15 to get to Ron Paul love part!!!

http://youtu.be/CTzYLO0lCBE

Let me know what you think!!!