PDA

View Full Version : This Idea Deserves its Own Thread!

Jake Ralston
09-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Unfortunately I cannot take credit for this idea, so I will quote it directly where it came from:

I still think it would be a great idea by the campaign to address this one question directly in a youtube video and put it on the campaign website.
If you are reading this campaign, just do it!

Ron paul should film youtube video answer to the questions he get skipped on. Show the people that you're not afraid to address the questions that posers like Perry tap dance around. Wouldn't take all that long to do. Cut in the moderater/audience member asking the question then cut to Ron answering the question. Title it "The answers the media want to keep from you" or something like that.

Dear Ron Paul Campaign:

Please do this! It would achieve a few things:

1. It would allow the people to hear Paul's position on ALL relevant questions.
2. It would show the unbalance of debate time/quality of questions in a way that would NOT come off as whining or complaining.

Who can help get this idea up and running?

P.S. On the second quote, I would personally change the title. Don't want to come off too conspiracy-theorish.

John of Des Moines
09-13-2011, 09:09 AM
Yes, it's a good idea. Maybe make them into TV ads.

Merk
09-13-2011, 09:19 AM
The same people that own the banks own the media and we are threatening everything they have been working towards for a long, long time.

Ron will NEVER get a fair shake from the MSM. Last night's debate should make that clear to anyone who had any doubt.

If we are not proactive and do things like this it's not going to happen.

Listening to the other "candidates" steal Ron's talking is not sitting well with me.

Voluntary Man
09-13-2011, 09:28 AM
excellent idea. i was thinking the exact same thing, after last night's "debate" (which proves it's a great idea ;^). Thought about sending the idea directly to the campaign, though (not sure if they monitor this site).

he should restrict his answers to each question to the minute and half called for (not just because it's a rule, but because most people have a gnat's attention span). The sooner he does this the better, because many people who missed the debate but who are interested/curious/undecided about Ron Paul may watch this INSTEAD of the actual monster truck rally posing as a debate (reminded me of idiocracy, especially with all those idiot yelling, "crucify him!").

PLEASE DO THIS LAST NIGHT!!!

Birdlady
09-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Brilliant idea! It would have to be done very quickly after each debate as the poster above said.

Cleaner44
09-13-2011, 09:33 AM
I have been thinking about this same thing. I emailed Jack Hunter over a month ago and nothing has happened. I think we should do it on our own. I will create the site if you all can help me collect the videos. We may not be able to get brand new answers directly from Ron Paul but we all know his answers do not change. We need short answers, no more than 4 minutes per subject.

Anyone want to help?

Posting here a request to the campaign is almost certainly pointless. It is we here that must take action. Waiting for the campaign to do this... bad idea.

IndianaPolitico
09-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Good ideas! One thing I would like to see are YT videos of Ron Paul sitting down and explaining his stance on all of the issues like, Defense, the Fed, and so on.

specsaregood
09-13-2011, 09:35 AM
My suggestion was specific for the young man's question about how much of every dollar he should get to keep. While I think answers to all the questions would be nice, that question is such a slamdunk for Dr. Paul that I think a personal response just to that question at the very least would be great and we could make it go viral.

Kords21
09-13-2011, 09:45 AM
I do like a lot of the moves that the campaign has done lately, but they could be doing so much more. The 2012 campagin is a lot differnt than in 08, not just pollingwise. It's more or less a very different world. In my mind, we have the the right person for the job of POTUS, the right message, but it's not being focused to it's best potential. Social media is so big in people's lives. If you truly want to take the message to the people, then youtube/social media is the way to go. I know compared to how many people watch the MSM/talk radio and get all their views from there, that youtube/facebook and such pretty small in comparison, but word of mouth is a pretty big tool to use as well. If you title it like "Ron Paul answers the media doesn't want you to see" over time you could see a pretty big paradigm shift if done right and effectively.

To me this election is about so much more than partisan politics. The future of this country and it's ideals are what's at stake here. They may sound melodramatic, but that's how I see it. The more I see Ron Paul being ignored by the media and the treatment he gets from the GOP and their defenders, the more I think the GOP are in a "Anyone but Paul mode". At least if Obama wins again, they'll have their punching bag 4 more years to prey upon people's fears. The GOP is playing a very dangerous game with this election and if anyone but Paul wins, we're in deep trouble, even deeper than now.

While the campaign has been doing a great job lately, efforts must be doubled. Putting his answers on youtube, facebook and whatever other social media sites there are is a cheap and effective way to show people what he stands for. Maybe even film it right after the debate at the same podium/backdrop.

cucucachu0000
09-13-2011, 09:49 AM
I like it