PDA

View Full Version : Didn't Ron Paul sound EXACTLY like Harry Browne last night?

dude58677
09-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Every answer he gave was something that would be found in Harry Browne's articles such as churches helping out with healthcare.

"Imagine if I was up on stage for a Presidential debate". Harry Browne

rp08orbust
09-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Every answer he gave was something that would be found in Harry Browne's articles such as churches helping out with healthcare.

"Imagine if I was up on stage for a Presidential debate". Harry Browne

Harry Browne was great, but I'm pretty sure that there were free-market proponents long before him advocating everything that Ron Paul was saying last night.

Revolution9
09-13-2011, 08:59 AM
No. He sounded like Ron Paul. There is no other.

Rev9

acptulsa
09-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Actually, he sounded more than a little like Harding.

'Since freedom impelled, and independence inspired, and nationality exalted, a world supergovernment is contrary to everything we cherish and can have no sanction by our Republic. This is not selfishness, it is sanctity. It is not aloofness, it is security. It is not suspicion of others, it is patriotic adherence to the things which made us what we are.'

'The business world reflects the disturbance of war's reaction. Herein flows the lifeblood of material existence. The economic mechanism is intricate and its parts interdependent, and has suffered the shocks and jars incident to abnormal demands, credit inflations, and price upheavals. The normal balances have been impaired, the channels of distribution have been clogged, the relations of labor and management have been strained. We must seek the readjustment with care and courage.'

'I speak for administrative efficiency, for lightened tax burdens, for sound commercial practices, for adequate credit facilities, for sympathetic concern for all agricultural problems, for the omission of unnecessary interference of Government with business, for an end to Government's experiment in business, and for more efficient business in Government administration. With all of this must attend a mindfulness of the human side of all activities, so that social, industrial, and economic justice will be squared with the purposes of a righteous people.'

http://www.bartleby.com/124/pres46.html