PDA

View Full Version : The official campaign just added an additional $326,470.70 in offline donations.

ronpaul4pres
11-05-2007, 12:42 AM
The official campaign just added an additional $326,470.70 in offline donations to the fundraising total. I decompiled the new $12 million flash object and saw the code.

Perhaps they're trying to make Nov 5th look even bigger than what it would otherwise be?

aspiringconstitutionalist
They're just adding in offline donations. If they want to help spur momentum for us, so be it!!!!

steph3n
The official campaign just added an additional $326,470.70 in offline donations to the fundraising total. I decompiled the new $12 million flash object and saw the code.

Perhaps they're trying to make Nov 5th look even bigger than what it would otherwise be?

na just adding in after a productive weekend, don't we all go to work at midnight?

purplechoe
11-05-2007, 12:43 AM
If you're maxed out you can always buy something from the store! T-shirts, hats, slim jims, signs, etc..!!! All profits count as donations!!!

specsaregood
11-05-2007, 12:44 AM
If you're maxed out you can always buy something from the store! T-shirts, hats, slim jims, signs, etc..!!! All profits count as donations!!!

Actually, no you can't. purchases count as donations.

reduen
11-05-2007, 12:45 AM
Well, that is some nice offline money also...:)

American
11-05-2007, 12:46 AM
I cant imagine the store has any profit built into them, the stuff is pretty cheap.

DjLoTi
11-05-2007, 12:47 AM
It's the RP campaign doing their donation to November 5th :) ;) :P

deedles
11-05-2007, 12:48 AM

If you're maxed out, go help the chip-ins! Especially the radio ad one since it's my meetups chipin :p

conner_condor
11-05-2007, 12:48 AM
Actually, no you can't. purchases count as donations.

How the hell you figure? If I go to a RP official speech and his campaign has booths sit up.. Are they going to ask for ID for me to purchase their merchandise?
I don't think so..

Corydoras
11-05-2007, 12:53 AM
How the hell you figure? If I go to a RP official speech and his campaign has booths sit up.. Are they going to ask for ID for me to purchase their merchandise?

The online purchases at least will show up as donations, and then if you're over the max it will be flagged, and they'll have to contact you blah blah blah.

specsaregood
11-05-2007, 12:54 AM
I don't think so..

It's true.
The checkout page has the exact same restrictions as when you donate.

From the checkout page:
"Federal law requires all online contributors to confirm that the following statements are true and accurate. If you cannot confirm each statement, you are not eligible to contribute to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee.

I confirm that each of the following statements are true and accurate

This contribution is made on a personal credit or debit card for which I have the legal obligation to pay, and is made neither on a corporate nor business entity card nor on the card of another.
I am a United States citizen or a lawfully-admitted permanent resident.
I am making this contribution with my own personal funds, and I will not be reimbursed by anyone for this contribution.
I am not a federal government contractor.
I am at least 18 years of age. "

Syren123
11-05-2007, 12:54 AM
Dude there are a bunch of west coasters donating now and it's not even 11 pm. What is up with THAT?!

Jk.

Lord Xar
11-05-2007, 01:08 AM
I am west coast and I am donating in the morning.. same with my bro and another one of my friends... Its Sunday. People are sleeping..

when they check their emails tomorrow for the reminder email, they will begin to pour in.

remember, most here are the diehard forum ronpaulers, but there are many MANY others who don't follow the donatons minute by minute... they will pick up tomorrow... afternoon, after work, dinner etc.... remember, we have 23 hours left to go...

Lord Xar
11-05-2007, 01:09 AM
I don't get it..

we were at 2.7mill... someone said offline donations were off 300K+ and then there were over 100K in donations..

SO, that isn't adding up correct on the lady liberty... its off..

specsaregood
11-05-2007, 01:12 AM
I don't get it..

we were at 2.7mill... someone said offline donations were off 300K+ and then there were over 100K in donations..

It might be your cache. I had the same problem.
I pulled up the widget here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/index.php
And it is at 3.35+mil.

reduen
11-05-2007, 01:14 AM
I don't get it..

You might have to delete temporary files...

ronpaul4pres
11-05-2007, 01:20 AM
I don't get it..

The old Lady Liberty widget is missing the additional $326K for recent offline donations.