PDA

View Full Version : It's time to Stomp Santorum !

ProBlue33
09-13-2011, 07:43 AM
Ok twice now like an absolute idiot Santorum has gone after Ron Paul with the heaviest neo-con propaganda. It's time Ron Paul stomped him publicly and shuts him down, he has no chance so it's not like we need to pick up his voters. Next debate Ron Paul needs to shut him down, like he did to Rudy in the 2008 election cycle. Next time he starts spouting off he needs to say something like this.

"Mr Santorum I feel sorry for you as you haven't educated yourself in this area, you should read the following books (Rudy style), what you keep saying is pure neo-con propaganda and the American public is smarter than that, and you insult them with your simple rhetoric, what you think this 2008?

09-13-2011, 07:46 AM
In a campaign you never punch down. Santorum is irrelevant. Anyone that supports or listens to Santorum would never vote for RP.

Sean
09-13-2011, 07:49 AM
Yeah forget Santorum he isn't going anywhere, but maybe out of the debates if his poor polling continues. Keep going after Perry and Romneys' liberal records.

Original_Intent
09-13-2011, 07:51 AM
He pretty much did this last night, he said that as long as people who thought like Santorum were in charge that we were endangering ourselves. I wanted to punch Santorum in the face last night with his smirky looks and shaking his head at Ron while Ron explained the stupidity of the neocon position and the belief that people are suicide bombing us because we are free.

Join The Paul Side
09-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Like 69360 said. You don't punch down. Even Ron knows this and said so in the second vid, interview with Wolf Blitzer, in this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?315356-A-Lot-Of-Good-Comments-On-Ron-s-Foreign-Policy-Statement-During-Debate...

KingNothing
09-13-2011, 07:52 AM
Attacking Santorum would be the dumbest thing the campaign could possibly do. Ron shouldn't even mention the simpleton's name.

ProBlue33
09-13-2011, 07:52 AM
Yes but what about the undecided voter, something needs to be said, for a boxer, since you use the term punch down, you don't miss an opportunity to take a knock out punch that you know will land.

09-13-2011, 07:54 AM
Santorum doesn't need to be knocked out by anyone. He's doing it just fine himself. He's going to be excluded from the debates soon based on polling anyway.

JohnGalt23g
09-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Are you kidding? Stomp Santorum?

Have you ever tried to get that stuff out of your sheets? I can't imagine what it's like trying to get it out of your shoes...

ProBlue33
09-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Plus when Santorum directly attacks Ron Paul he has to fight back or he looks weak. Santorum is like Rudy in 2008 but with even less credibility.

angelatc
09-13-2011, 08:04 AM
I have to agree. The more Santorum is ignored, the more spittle he produces when he rants. Best just to let him look like a borderline psychopath.

KingNothing
09-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Yes but what about the undecided voter, something needs to be said, for a boxer, since you use the term punch down, you don't miss an opportunity to take a knock out punch that you know will land.

You can't knock a minor player out by attacking him though. You attack the guys at the top, not the ones at the bottom. You treat them as if their opinions aren't even worthy of a direct response.

The Paul campaign knows how to handle this. I'm sure they'll do the right thing.

erowe1
09-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Plus when Santorum directly attacks Ron Paul he has to fight back or he looks weak.

Nope. It's only if he did fight back that he'd look weak. Santorum is irrelevant. Let's keep it that way.

TexMac
09-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Santorum is not like Rudy. Rudy was polling like Rick Perry at this time in the last campaign, so it made sense to engage with him. Santorum is attacking Ron to gain relevance that he doesn't have, so should be ignored.

KingNothing
09-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Plus when Santorum directly attacks Ron Paul he has to fight back or he looks weak. He is like Rudy in 2008

Rudy was polling at 30 percent. Santorum is nothing like Rudy. Paul needs to focus on the candidates who matter, not the unserious players like Santorum.

hillertexas
09-13-2011, 08:28 AM
In a campaign you never punch down.

this.

acptulsa
09-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Sanwhoum?

Original_Intent
09-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Sanwhoum?

Sanctimoanium

brushfire
09-13-2011, 09:05 AM
The media loves the fighting (drama) and frothfk keeps Paul in the camera view. He's such a mental midget, what are we afraid of? Bring on the froth. Santorum represents the the neocon stance on foreign policy, perfectly. Let him set up the pins so Ron can knock them down.

Kords21
Rewatching the exchange he had with santorum, santorum comes off as pretty damn stupid. Knocking Ron for daring to say why Bin Laden attacked is quite the disconnect from reality. Yeah, let's not listen to the motiviations from the people who attacked us, nope we'll just make up our own reason and people will eat it up. I lost a little bit a of faith in the American people to critically think about things from that debate last night. Has this country been that dumbed down seriously?

Libertea Party
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?312396-Exclusive-Santorum-calls-Paul%E2%80%99s-view-on-9-11-%E2%80%98shockingly-misguided%E2%80%99&p=3513540#post3513540

Remember these points about Rick Santorum. Like all neocons his first loyalty is to the garrison state:

1) In fact if it wasn't for Arlen Specter there would be no Obamacare (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/04/08/sen_specter_says_he_would_still_vote_for_health_bi ll_if_he_was_a_republican.html). If Santorum wants to take credit for 1% of votes now in Iowa he has to own the 1% of votes in Pennsylvania for his public endorsement of Arlen Specter over Pat Toomey.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Pennsylvania,_200 4#Results_2)
No Hack Santorum=No Obamacare

Rick Santorum: Bringing you expanded government healthcare TWICE in 2003 and 2009!

The ad, which ran during Specter's 2004 primary fight against former Rep. Pat Toomey, features Santorum, a conservative darling, endorsing Specter and calling him the "key vote" in passing then President George W. Bush's tax cut plan.

"Arlen is with us on the votes that matter to move our agenda forward for this president and for the country," says Santorum as a picture of Specter and Bush strolling at the White House is shown on screen.

While Santorum's support almost assuredly aided Specter in narrowly beating back a challenge from Toomey six years ago, the words of the former senator -- not to mention the images in the ad -- are sure to come back to haunt the newest Democrat as he prepares to run for reelection.

So not only did he endorse the guy during the primary but he went on air saying only votes on taxes not abortion matter to him. This primary was probably the closest thing to a Tea Party primary before 2010.

It was definitely a precursor and who did Santorum go to bat for? The establishment pro-abortion, pro-union, pro-government sleaze Specter that left the party and provided the 60th vote for Obamacare.

2) Abortion isn't a vote that matters to Rick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3HOb0NEJ1E

3) Don't forget about him endorsing Romney over everyone else in 2008. Now he runs against him? Santorum's most galling behavior is on the issue of Obama/Romneycare:

"Santorum called the Democrats' national health care overhaul the "most important issue" of the coming presidential election, and said it would "fundamentally change America going forward," before quickly pivoting to attack Romney, who he supported in 2008
Continue Reading

"We'd better have a candidate who is out there and very, very strong in opposition to government-run health care and focuses on a health care system that centers on you, not on the government," Santorum said on Fox News Tuesday morning. "And that, I think, is a problem for Governor Romney this time around."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/52993.htm

And this treasure:

“President Obama & former Governor Mitt Romney's policies both put government squarely at the center of your health decisions. But I believe more government is not the answer. And I'd be willing to bet you agree,” Santorum said in the email.

Ahead of Romney’s major health care speech last week, the Journal’s editorial page slammed Romney as a “compromised and not credible” candidate for president. The editorial board said if Romney couldn’t change his message on health care, he’d be fit to join the president on the 2012 Democratic ticket. Romney last week made the case that the health care reform law he signed in 2006 isn’t much like the one Obama signed last year, saying while both plans contain an individual mandate, the goals were different.

Santorum was quick to pounce then, faulting "a lack of foresight on Gov. Romney's part to understand the implications of his policy proposals."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/55132.html

All of which he knew about when he endorsed him!

So Romney had a "lack of foresight of the implications of his policy proposals" in 2006 but Santorum doesn't "lack foresight" on his endorsements in 2004 and even more recently than Romneycare in 2008!

Stay classy Rick!

John of Des Moines
09-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Santorum doesn't need to be knocked out by anyone. He's doing it just fine himself. He's going to be excluded from the debates soon based on polling anyway.

No way will the media exclude anyone with low polling numbers from the debates - well except for Paul. As long Paul is in the race then every neo-con and Tea Party interloping hijacker is in the race (unless they have the common sense to withdraw).

acptulsa
09-13-2011, 09:17 AM
No way will the media exclude anyone with low polling numbers from the debates - well except for Paul. As long Paul is in the race then every neo-con and Tea Party interloping hijacker is in the race (unless they have the common sense to withdraw).

This is the nicest thing anyone on this forum has said about Gary johnson in some little while. I guess those who called him an interloper have been proven wrong by his lack of any recent invitations to debate.

Crystallas
09-13-2011, 09:19 AM
Santorum is on the stage, but Gary Johnson isn't. Something is very fishy.

acptulsa
09-13-2011, 09:22 AM

That odor you're detecting is called Business as Usual.

Diashi
09-13-2011, 09:22 AM
Santorum is a dieing breed, and good riddance. He's far below the threshold for being relevant. Paul only needs to be attacking front runners and doing what he does best. Santorum isn't even worth looking at unless he openly tries to attack us.

KingNothing
09-13-2011, 09:38 AM
How can you stop something that isn't moving?

Voluntary Man
09-13-2011, 10:08 AM
yes. somebody (not me, because i have no skills, can barely use my smart phone) needs to post a youtube demonstrating that senator sanitorium himself is actually to blame for 9/11, because of the ill-conceived foreign policy he advised and consented to, and because of the anti-christian (anti-golden rule) concept of American Exceptionalism he advocates (American exceptionalism is nothing more than collectivizng the mindset of Ted Bundy).

We (you) need to point out that sanitorium is trying to wash his hands on Ron Paul, by implying that american voters are directly to blame for the foolish foreign policy of our elected reps (there may be a degree of truth here, but it's unproductive to pursue it very far). Point out that sanitorium's attacks on paul are actually attempts at blame-shifting and scape-goating, to absolve himself.

American Exceptionalism = collective sociopathic narcissism. This dangerous foreign policy says, " America is special (which is only true to the extent that we have a constitution and honor it). so, the rules that apply to other nations don't apply to us. the golden rule is for other people."

Anyone who would teach that garbage to his own children would be charged with child abuse and public endangerment. A broadcaster who promoted that philosophy to individuals or smaller groups in his audience would quickly be banned from the airwaves (not saying it's right, 1st amendment, and all that). somehow, though, turning the toxic concept into a mass mob mentality gives it the patina of religious doctrine? i mean, we all want to believe we're special, and that our children are special, but if we teach them that they can lie, cheat, rape, kill, pillage, and burn without penalty, without blame, we create monsters. what would a nation full of such people look like?

acptulsa
09-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Anyone who would teach that garbage to his own children would be charged with child abuse and public endangerment. A broadcaster who promoted that philosophy to individuals or smaller groups in his audience would quickly be banned from the airwaves (not saying it's right, 1st amendment, and all that). somehow, though, turning the toxic concept into a mass mob mentality gives it the patina of religious doctrine? i mean, we all want to believe we're special, and that our children are special, but if we teach them that they can lie, cheat, rape, kill, pillage, and burn without penalty, without blame, we create monsters. what would a nation full of such people look like?

The key is that, for decades, this has been taught under the meme that we are bringing them freedom and the benefits of 'democracy' and liberty. The difference this year is that it's becoming increasingly obvious that we're doing nothing of the sort.

And this is what's finally seperating the wheat from the warmongers.

Brian4Liberty
09-13-2011, 11:45 AM

Blatant media manipulation of a US Presidential campaign. Just doesn't seem like it should be legal, does it?

And they treat Hunstman as if he's a frontrunner, even though he polls lower than Johnson.

davidhperry
09-13-2011, 12:09 PM
Ignore Santorum. He's lashing out because he's losing and picking fights because that's the only way he can get press. If he's ignored, he goes away even faster.

D.A.S.
09-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Santorum looks desperate and stupid.

Ron Paul doesn't need to address him directly. But he does need to be ready for one of these hatchet jobs next debate with a snappy comeback.

Voluntary Man
09-13-2011, 12:17 PM
so, address sanitorium anonymously, like "that idiot governor of someplace ... i don't remember where," then, but do address all politicians who think, act, and talk like sanitorium, as the group of dishonest idiots they are.

sailingaway
09-13-2011, 12:19 PM
You do NOT 'punch down'. Perry did it with Ron and Ron got a bump out of it. We don't want to give Santorum any sort of additional bump by having Ron even notice he exists. Fight the ideas, ignore 'that individual'.

KingNothing
09-13-2011, 12:19 PM
so, address sanitorium anonymously, like "that idiot governor of someplace ... i don't remember where," then, but do address all politicians who think, act, and talk like sanitorium, as the group of dishonest idiots they are.

There's no need for that.
All Paul has to do is answer the follow-up questions more tactfully next time. He'll be fine. He knows what he's doing. He's been around this game since the early 1970's, for heaven's sake.

CaptainAmerica
09-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Rick Santorum= sore loser, jock.

Voluntary Man
09-13-2011, 10:05 PM
fine, but the gibbering, "duh, yer jes blamin' Uhmuruhca" meme isn't going to just go away; one way or another, it needs to be *effectively* addressed. it needs to be made so painful for any hack who presses that particular button that they'll avoid it like they owed it money. I'm just saying

eleganz
09-13-2011, 10:36 PM
This was written in an article I read recently that a cardinal rule of politics is not to attack-down. Santorum is but an ant on the floor, why should we pay him any attention?

Ron is right to consistently go after Perry, once we take Goliath down, then we go after Goliath's brother.

dusman
09-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Keep in mind we are still very early on in this race. Ron Paul needs to frame a tangible counter to Mitt Romney and Rick Perry. As long as he continues to do this, we will enter primary season in a very good position. People like Santorum, Cain, Hunstman are not going to continue through. Just ignore these candidates.

Ron Paul has a long time to demonstrate his foreign policy. Although the media is attempting to incite concerns in this area, it's important for Ron Paul to stand 100% behind what he says and continues to push the truth. Sentiment can change very quickly. Right now the Republican Party is forced to scrutinize everyone, so now is a great time to point out Paul's consistency and accuracy in predicting what's to come. They are searching for the true Conservative in a lot of sectors of the GOP, keep framing that Ron Paul IS the Conservative in your responses to people.

Kords21
09-13-2011, 11:15 PM
Where is the Muslim source for all of this "They hate us because we're free" nonsense at? Can Santroum point to a single Musilm as having said that? I know it's all a media/gov't pulling at the heartstrings of America, but I would love to know what Terrorist/Muslim ever claimed that. I would think that Bin Laden saying this is why we did this would be legit enough, but then again I can think for myself. So, what is the "offical Muslim" source for the freedom hatred?

ProBlue33
09-13-2011, 11:26 PM
So far every debate somebody goes after Ron Paul on 9/11 stuff, going back to the 2008 election cycle debates, Ron needs to be ready because it always comes up. He needs to say very plainly that "this old neo-con rhetoric & propaganda won't work anymore. Because the American people are smarter than that now.
The have woken up to the truth. And you (Santorum) are out of step with the American people, if this news organization puts a poll on the internet who is right on foreign policy Ron Paul or Rick Santorum you lose, guaranteed, so stop this nonsense". And you know a poll would follow and Santorum would get stomped big time because the Democrats would vote with us too. And then next time he brings it up he references the poll proving his point.

BYE BYE Santorum

I disagree with those that say this doesn't need to be dealt with, this method would help to end this stupidity.

Voluntary Man
09-13-2011, 11:38 PM
the source is W's post-9/11 address to a joint session of congress, the same speech in which he called islam a peaceful religion.

Athan
09-13-2011, 11:43 PM
Dude Santorum is dead in the water. He will be gone soon. The most Ron should say in regards to him is "I tried to look up your idiotic positions on the internet but was greatly advised by my campaign to not search "Santorum".

Paul4Prez
09-14-2011, 01:37 AM
We don't need to stomp Santorum. The Q3 fundraising numbers will do that. He's a non-factor.

MJU1983
09-14-2011, 01:38 AM
We don't need to stomp Santorum. The Q3 fundraising numbers will do that. He's a non-factor.

ZING! Well said.