PDA

View Full Version : A Lot Of Good Comments On Ron's Foreign Policy Statement During Debate...

No Free Beer
09-13-2011, 06:36 AM
I thought Ron was the clear winner of the debate. Perry made Romney look stupid at one point, and the rest of the candidates made Perry look fake. Every one of Ron's answers made sense and got applause from the crowd. Now, as well are all aware, Ron's truthful answer on foreign policy in which he was paraphrasing Osama was received by boo's. Well, I was extremely nervous about that comment and how the public would take it, but judging by the comments I am reading online, he hit another HOME RUN! It seems as though a lot of Americans understand that Santorum's illogical "freedom" position is just pandering and that it doesn't make any sense whatsoever (hence, illogical).

Here are some comments from various sites...

ole123 at 1:31 AM September 13, 2011

- "Ron Paul is correct. Of course it doesn't mean that the terrorists are right and we are wrong. It just means that foreign policy has consequences, which can be good, bad or in between.

There's a certain US 'exceptionalism' ideology in the Republican party that speaks for itself. How can you self-appoint yourself to do as you please in other sovereign countries, and not stir up any resentment?

Look at radical islam's terrorists. They're 'exceptionalists'. They justify their acts among themselves, only, and then carry out what they've justified among themselves only. Both theirs and Republican exceptionalisms involve violence and human deaths in others countries, which is disastrous if you're realistic about it. It's not just arrogant, but also violent.

US exceptionalism doen't mean any US-led military operation in a foreign country. But it does mean say, 'regime change'. Because some conservative nuthead lies in his bed thinking one morning that another country'S regime ought to be changed, that we have a "right" to do so. Meanwhile, those same conservative nutheads are the first ones to cry wolf when they feel Mexico's president is meddling in US policy, let alone not even advocating, let alone carrying out any regime change. Such arrogant tools are bound to create enemies, and terrorists recruit easier by pointing to them.

Ron is therefore right on the money here."

- "Gotta agree with Ron Paul on this. If the people in the middle east hate us for their freedoms, then why have they not attacked other countries with free societies? I doesn’t make sense. Santorum’s comments were very telling in that he was playing on emotions, not looking at reality. His jingoism will only cause more trouble for our nation."

- "Ron Paul’s foreign policy mirrors that of the Founding Fathers"

Here are some links. View for yourself.

-http://www.theblaze.com/stories/santorum-blasts-paul-on-911-comments-stop-parroting-osama-bin-laden/
-http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/09/ron-paul-booed-during-debate/
-http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-paul-911-boos-20110912,0,5738355.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fnews%2Fpolitics+%28 L.A.+Times+-+Politics%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Bern
09-13-2011, 06:52 AM
Santorum was doing his best Rudy Guiliani impersonation from the 2007 debate. Looks like Ron needs to give him the same reading list that he gave to Guiliani.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZGHey7anhI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyC7BKB4fuw

No Free Beer
09-13-2011, 06:53 AM
I couldn't agree more...

kojirodensetsu
09-13-2011, 07:02 AM
I'm seeing a lot of negative comments, too. Like: "Santorum is right. It’s high time people understood what Ron Paul is all about… He is a pure Libertarian, and for those of you that don’t know… it ain’t good. If you want someone to clean up the Fed, hire Paul, but you do NOT make him the leader of the worlds most powerful and influential country. That would be almost as bad as voting for Obama."

KingNothing
09-13-2011, 07:12 AM
I'm seeing a lot of negative comments, too. Like: "Santorum is right. It’s high time people understood what Ron Paul is all about… He is a pure Libertarian, and for those of you that don’t know… it ain’t good. If you want someone to clean up the Fed, hire Paul, but you do NOT make him the leader of the worlds most powerful and influential country. That would be almost as bad as voting for Obama."

Can't please all the people, all the time.

jkr
09-13-2011, 07:21 AM
"The worlds most powerful and influential country"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!

specsaregood
09-13-2011, 07:22 AM
Santorum was doing his best Rudy Guiliani impersonation from the 2007 debate. Looks like Ron needs to give him the same reading list that he gave to Guiliani.

Nope, you don't hit down. Guiliani was ahead of us, Santorum is just a speck in the rearview mirror.

LawnWake
09-13-2011, 07:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1xedaZRoh8

Santorum kinda reminds me of this.

Esoteric
09-13-2011, 07:36 AM
lol@ the ABC headline.. "Ron Paul booed during debate"

ProfNo
09-13-2011, 07:49 AM
lol@ the ABC headline.. "Ron Paul booed during debate"

You should read the comments from the ABC article. The comments are almost all positive for Ron Paul.

The Free Hornet
09-13-2011, 09:30 AM
That "our freedom caused 9-11" is a lie the neocons can't afford to lose. They will if they haven't already. It has just not been politcally correct in some circles to speak the truth. What else would justify our imperialism? Israel can defend itself and I think the prospects for peace, if only temporary, are better with us out of the region.

What I love about the debate is how more-and-more of the field parrots Ron Paul (like Perry and bringing the troops home). Eventually, people will want the real deal and distrust the others.

kazmlsj
09-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Santorum was doing his best Rudy Guiliani impersonation from the 2007 debate. Looks like Ron needs to give him the same

Did Santorum cackle like Guilliani?

I don't watch the fixed debates - the make me physically ill.

cucucachu0000
09-13-2011, 10:04 AM
I found this video we gotta spread it, its the frigan head of the bin laden unit in the CIA. He's gotta carry some weigt to peoples opinion. Plus he does a much better job of articulating it. I put this in my facebook, twitter and every comment I leave on websites I leave it. http://t.co/16hwOM4

Tarzan
09-13-2011, 10:04 AM
If you invade an animals territory or space... then cage him... then take control of all his possessions... then control his food and water supply at your whims... then poke him repeatedly with a stick... and occasionally kill his friends and relatives... you should not be surprised that that animal will attack you as soon as it is able to free itself from the cage.

Ron Paul needs to present his foreign policy message much clearer... he needs a much better, easier to understand presentation... and, to make it clear that WE did not directly cause the attack... but that there are repercussions to actions... any intelligence analyst would tell you the same thing.

Anyway... RP needs to get this clarified... or we're sunk when it comes voting time.