PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Snubbed on Federal Reserve Question at CNN Debate

bobbyw24
09-13-2011, 05:10 AM
Texas Congressman Ron Paul, who has consistently ranked in the top three of the GOP field in 2012, was blatantly skipped last night in the CNN debate on a question to which he has dedicated nearly his entire career in government– the Federal Reserve.

Yes, he has repeatedly introduced bills to audit and end the fed, wrote a book titled End the Fed; he currently chairs the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology and has campaigned heavily on the issue nationally since 2007. But he was not given a response to the questioning the candidates’ positions on auditing the Federal Reserve.

Worst still, it was at the Tea Party debate, a movement Paul also had a hand in founding.

Watch the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9z7UbwDaO7U

A CBS article identified the federal reserve as a major ‘target’ in GOP debate rhetoric, but again there was no mention of Paul.

Instead, the focus hinged around reaction to Rick Perry’s ‘treasonous’ statements, in which the Texas Governor has willingly stolen Ron Paul’s thunder on an issue he fought to bring to the surface of political debate. Now that the private Federal Reserve has become an unavoidable issue, there is silence from the man who sought to reign it in. Instead, Herman Cain, himself the former head of the Kansas City Federal Reserve, got time for a response, as did Bachmann, Romeny and Santorum.

More:

http://www.infowars.com/ron-paul-snubbed-on-federal-reserve-question-at-cnn-debate/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

johnrocks
09-13-2011, 05:11 AM
I noticed that last night and it really irritated me.

LisaNY
09-13-2011, 05:12 AM
How depressing.

bobbyw24
09-13-2011, 05:13 AM
I noticed that last night and it really irritated me.

I put this on Facebook as soon as the question was asked and my friend just said--they already know what Ron Paul thinks about it and did not need to ask him.

johnrocks
09-13-2011, 05:14 AM
I put this on Facebook as soon as the question was asked and my friend just said--they already know what Ron Paul thinks about it and did not need to ask him.

Perhaps but many watching last night might not.

king_nothing_
09-13-2011, 05:15 AM
I was fuming when this happened. They did the same thing in the debate before this one as well. This was even worse though, because they asked five people about it without asking Ron. That is fucking ridiculous.

bobbyw24
09-13-2011, 05:16 AM
Perhaps but many watching last night might not.

BINGO--they should have asked as he could've explained it.

I noticed that in his last remarks he talked about The Fed.

LawnWake
09-13-2011, 05:16 AM
I blame Paul for not demanding his time during the next question much more than I blame the media, tbh. It would've been the perfect opportunity to school the other pro-fed Republicans (like Romney), establish credibility by noting that he made the fed an issue in the first place and it would've showed that he has balls.

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-13-2011, 05:17 AM
Romney and Perry should be casted in a remake of the Odd Couple. Bachmann could play as the Bionic Woman.

acptulsa
09-13-2011, 05:19 AM
But if they had asked him that question he could have cleared up the deliberate misconception the MSM has been propigating for over four years now that he wants to put us on some Gold Standard and let it be known that he's for competing currencies. Why would they let Wolfie undercut all of that hard work?

bobbyw24
09-13-2011, 05:20 AM
But if they had asked him that question he could have cleared up the deliberate misconception the MSM has been propigating for over four years now that he wants to put us on some Gold Standard and let it be known that he's for competing currencies. Why would they let Wolfie undercut all of that hard work?

Excellent point

michaelkellenger
09-13-2011, 05:21 AM
I am still beyond pissed off they skipped RP on the FED question and taxes question. Sickening decision by Wolf Blitzer. SICKENING.

bobbyw24
09-13-2011, 05:22 AM
I am still beyond pissed off they skipped RP on the FED question and taxes question. Sickening decision by Wolf Blitzer. SICKENING.

and DELIBERATE

michaelkellenger
09-13-2011, 05:25 AM
and DELIBERATE

Absolutely. Wolf is a complete moron, however, he is not mentally disabled. He full knows well from the many times RP has come on his show that he sponsored the Audit the Fed bill AND wrote a New York Times bestseller about the Federal Reserve.

This is honestly amazing. The man that wrote/sponsored the Audit the Fed bill and wrote a NYT bestseller about the Federal Reserve was excluded form the question when almost every other candidate was asked is unfathomable.

sluggo
Can't have someone who actually wants to reign in the Fed talk on national TV. You can, however, allow a bunch of parrots to squawk about it.

LawnWake
By continuing to get mad at the media for doing what they've been doing for decades we're fighting an uphill battle. We have absolutely no influence over that and it's to be expected. Like I said in my earlier post, the Fed is where Ron Paul hs the most credibility in the eyes of the media. If anything's important here, it's to let the campaign know that he can 'cause some serious (hehe) blowback if he would use the opportunity to attack his fellow candidates and establish credibility by demanding time on it.

It's time (for us) to stop playing victim and start showing some balls and it seems like Paul's starting to understand that by taking jabs at opponents. Now he just needs to up the agression in general.

bobbyw24
09-13-2011, 05:27 AM
Can't have someone who actually wants to reign in the Fed talk on national TV. You can, however, allow a bunch of parrots to squawk about it.

True-those candidate who answered all said "We need the Fed," but we also have to audit it.

MRoCkEd
09-13-2011, 05:28 AM
Ron Paul is the reason the Fed was even a topic, and that candidates made sure to be critical of the Fed. So in that sense, Ron Paul was the real winner of that segment.

bobbyw24
09-13-2011, 05:28 AM
"Of course we should see what the Fed is doing - there should be some oversight to make sure that it is acting properly - but at the same time we need to recognize we need to have a Fed," Romney said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/13/usa-campaign-debate-fed-idUSS1E78B24D20110913

mit26chell
09-13-2011, 05:29 AM
Media is bad, but this is Paul's fault. He could easily speak up. He's going to have to start doing that.

bobbyw24
09-13-2011, 05:31 AM
Ron Paul is the reason the Fed was even a topic.

True-that is recognition in itself

KingNothing
09-13-2011, 05:46 AM
Absolutely. Wolf is a complete moron, however, he is not mentally disabled. He full knows well from the many times RP has come on his show that he sponsored the Audit the Fed bill AND wrote a New York Times bestseller about the Federal Reserve.

This is honestly amazing. The man that wrote/sponsored the Audit the Fed bill and wrote a NYT bestseller about the Federal Reserve was excluded form the question when almost every other candidate was asked is unfathomable.

Do you really think Wolf is the man who decides which candidates get the opportunity to respond to each question?
Please.

Feeding the Abscess
09-13-2011, 05:51 AM
A selected text from my mom, a lukewarm Ron Paul supporter:

"Why don't they just ask all of the candidates the same question, so we can know where they stand on the issues?"

I'd also like to point out that Ron talking about not getting to answer questions in a debate would be seen as whiny, not strong. Especially since he'd have to do it several times per debate.

LawnWake
09-13-2011, 05:53 AM

"Why don't they just ask all of the candidates the same question, so we can know where they stand on the issues?"

I'd also like to point out that Ron talking about not getting to answer questions in a debate would be seen as whiny, not strong. Especially since he'd have to do it several times per debate.

This is specific to the federal reserve question. And I'm not saying he shoudl talk about not getting a question, I'm saying he should simply demand answering it and school other people on it. That's not whining, that's dominating.

crusader
09-13-2011, 06:07 AM
At 5:39 in the video, you can clearly hear some unhappy people in the audience, and they are quickly silenced.

musicmax
09-13-2011, 06:29 AM
I blame Paul for not demanding his time during the next question much more than I blame the media, tbh. It would've been the perfect opportunity to school the other pro-fed Republicans (like Romney), establish credibility by noting that he made the fed an issue in the first place and it would've showed that he has balls.

In debates Paul goes far beyond "polite" - he's wimpy. To not DEMAND time on the Fed question was an absolute blunder. Especially when Romney made that quip about not wanting to put Congress in charge of the currency, to remind people that the Constitution compels Congress to do just that. Blitzer tipped his hand very early on that he was going to allow interruptions and lengthier-than-technically-allowed answers. For RP to allow himself to be steamrolled like that - it is no longer just the media's fault he's being marginalized, he's actively allowing it to happen.

bobbyw24
09-13-2011, 06:49 AM

True

muzzled dogg
09-13-2011, 06:53 AM
Ron should have spoken up

bobbyw24
09-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Ron should have spoken up

Yeah--one cannot be overly polite with this group

andrewjs18
09-13-2011, 06:59 AM

that would be ideal, IMHO. rather than asking a question and only letting 2 or 3 people answer and then had 2 people debate the question back and forth for 5 minutes, each candidate should be allowed to respond to the question asked.

Join The Paul Side
09-13-2011, 07:18 AM
Media is bad, but this is Paul's fault. He could easily speak up. He's going to have to start doing that.

Either that or quickly dismiss and brush off silly questions and use his time to respond to more important issues like he did at a debate 4 years ago. They skipped him on a series of important issues and then asked him the most bullshit question. He gave a swift answer and then asked the moderator, "May I please participate in what is being debated?" With cheers from the audience.

They also keep ignoring him on questions about jobs creation, something Americans are really concerned about right now.