PDA

View Full Version : Fat Man Sues White Castle Because Their Seats Are Too Small

Rael
09-13-2011, 02:10 AM
Oversize Man Sues White Castle Over Seats

Updated: Monday, 12 Sep 2011, 8:35 AM EDT
Published : Sunday, 11 Sep 2011, 6:59 AM EDT

By NewsCore

NANUET, N.Y. - A 290-pound New York man is steaming mad at the White Castle fast-food chain, which he claims repeatedly broke promises to make the booths in his local eatery bigger.

Martin Kessman, 64, filed a lawsuit against the fast-food giant last week in Manhattan federal court, claiming that the uncomfortable booths violate the civil rights of fat people.

Kessman's lawsuit came more than two years after he complained to White Castle about the size of the booths at the Nanuet, N.Y., eatery and reportedly received a pledge that renovations would be carried out to cater for larger customers.

"They sent me specs and everything, about how the booths were going to be enlarged and made comfortable for people with a little more weight. So two and a half years went by, and nothing was done," he told the NY Post , adding that he has no problem finding a place to take a load off at other fast-food places and fits easily into airline seats.

The Americans with Disabilities Act is "applicable -- not only to me, but to pregnant women and to handicapped people," according to Kessman, who is suing for bigger chairs and unspecified damages. "I just want to sit down like a normal person."

Read more: http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/oversize-man-sues-white-castle-over-seats-20110911-NCX#ixzz1XomEDYvj

tasteless
09-13-2011, 02:17 AM
Haha, that's the White Castle near me.

Sola_Fide
09-13-2011, 02:19 AM
"Unspecified damages"? This dude should be ashamed of himself.

Verrater
09-13-2011, 02:35 AM
More people who don't take responsibility for themselves.
I suppose the company should also pay for his triple bypass right?
No probably expects obama care to take care of that.

oyarde
09-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Why does he not go somewhere else where he likes the seats better ? Case dismissed fatass. On a serious note , the manager should refuse to serve him and tell him to exit about the second time he ever mentioned this .

brushfire
09-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Why should the rest of the world conform to HIS fat a$$?

dean.engelhardt
09-13-2011, 09:20 AM
The Americans with Disabilities Act is "applicable -- not only to me, but to pregnant women and to handicapped people

Fat people are protected under the ADA? When did fat become a disability?

Acala
09-13-2011, 09:21 AM
He's a victim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!