PDA

View Full Version : "They all sound the same except for Ron Paul"

ForLiberty2012
09-12-2011, 10:14 PM
This is what my roommates told me about Ron Paul during the debate. They only needed to watch about 5 minutes of it to come to this conclusion, otherwise they didn't really care to watch it. They aren't 100% politically aware and are both democrat-leaning, but they are about to jump on the liberty train because they know my passion for Ron Paul and can sense his genuineness... 2012 is our time people!!! Keep spreading the word!

tremendoustie
09-12-2011, 10:15 PM
This is what my roommates told me about Ron Paul during the debate. They only needed to watch about 5 minutes of it to come to this conclusion, otherwise they didn't really care to watch it. They aren't 100% politically aware and are both democrat-leaning, but they are about to jump on the liberty train because they know my passion for Ron Paul and can sense his genuineness... 2012 is our time people!!! Keep spreading the word!

Are they going to vote for Ron in the primary?

Also, I think this "doesn't sound like the others" thing is a lot more important than many here realize. I'm glad he gets people's attention.

Czolgosz
09-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Keep spreading the word!

this.

My 16 y/o nephew asked about all this Ron Paul stuff I have. :-)

We talked for a bit, I mostly stressed paying attention in History class and reading the Constitution.

steph3n
09-12-2011, 10:18 PM
We talked for a bit, I mostly stressed paying attention in History class and reading the Constitution.

probably you need to help in that, students dont learn real history these days, I am not saying they don't learn any, just selective and what is desired to be taught, like submission to the authority.

Akus
09-12-2011, 10:38 PM
This is what my roommates told me about Ron Paul during the debate. They only needed to watch about 5 minutes of it to come to this conclusion, otherwise they didn't really care to watch it. They aren't 100% politically aware and are both democrat-leaning, but they are about to jump on the liberty train because they know my passion for Ron Paul and can sense his genuineness... 2012 is our time people!!! Keep spreading the word!their support is worthless if come election day they sit at home.

ForLiberty2012
09-12-2011, 10:57 PM
their support is worthless if come election day they sit at home.

Well gee, I never thought about that!! Thanks for enlightening me!! Rofl

harikaried
09-12-2011, 10:58 PM
their support is worthless if come election day they sit at home.And they're still worthless if they keep talking about Ron Paul and getting other people interested in Ron Paul -- even if they don't end up voting or can't vote?

AuH20
09-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Actually, they sound more like Ron Paul if they were listening correctly.

KingNothing
09-12-2011, 11:01 PM

Everyone close to me is in that same boat. I've converted entire families to the cause, just through relentless and optimistic pestering! :-)

tremendoustie
09-12-2011, 11:01 PM
their support is worthless if come election day they sit at home.

Not worthless but worth less.

Yuk yuk.

Bruno
09-12-2011, 11:07 PM

+ rep!

And yet another example of disenchanted Democrats and Independents who come over to Ron Paul. All politics are local, and what is more local then your friends and family? I have two family members that voted for Obama, had a big Obama sign and all, and now will be voting for Ron Paul in Iowa with his sign outside their farm.

Yes, you should still try to win over registered Republicans. But to ignore any vote, let alone the opportunity to simply bring someone to understand the cause of liberty, would be a shame.

Feeding the Abscess
09-12-2011, 11:59 PM

They're speaking in slogans and talking points, something Ron doesn't do. That's what they were referring to.

Crickett
09-13-2011, 12:31 AM
Everyone close to me is in that same boat. I've converted entire families to the cause, just through relentless and optimistic pestering! :-)
I was talking to a guy at directv the other day and we got to talking about politics and he said.."wow. You are so enthusiastic about this guy Ron Paul, I SURELY will look into him. I have not seen anyone I could feel that way about. I will watch the debate, too".
So..we never know what a little passion may ignite. :)

Hospitaller
09-13-2011, 12:48 AM

If looked at from a 2007 POV