PDA

View Full Version : Rewatching Ron's Foreign Policy Rebuttal, I Don't Think the Booing was that Bad.

Sentinelrv
09-12-2011, 08:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8S3yws_88I&feature=youtu.be

At first I was freaking out when this happaned, but rewatching this I get the feeling that he handled it well. When the booing started, he made sure to make it known that it was not he who was saying these things, but that he was explaining the motivations behind their attacks on us. And as he finished his rebuttal, there was more clapping and cheering than boos. I think it could help us by showing that he didn't backtrack on his statements because of the booing.

recess
09-12-2011, 08:57 PM
It wasnt bad at all, 2007 was much more combative

ronpaulfollower999
09-12-2011, 09:00 PM
The booing wasn't bad at all. One negative crowd reaction after Ron Paul had been getting a positive response on every other question. Rick Perry was booed a lot more. Besides, most Republicans are warming up to the idea of a humble foreign policy.

bluesc
09-12-2011, 09:01 PM
The booing was bad, but it's no big deal. It in no way represents the reaction the general public had to it. Besides, Ron brushes off booing. Many 9/12 people were there, if you want to know the likely source of the booing.

michaelkellenger
09-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Ron should have said this:

"Rick, you are absolutely wrong about my blog. I do not blame America, it was terrorist thugs that committed these acts of terror and violated american's liberties. They should pay with full force. However, we must look at the policies that entice this behavior. The CIA speaks of 'blowback' from the policies we created by occupying Arab and Middle Eastern countries while interfering with that region of the world. We must stop this, it is wrong. it is dangerous and we cannot afford it.

pcosmar
09-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Santorum is a fascist ass. A Rudy placeholder, and just as friggin ignorant.

The Boos were on Que.

I am a bit more interested in the Plant that asked the next question about dictating policy to a sovereign nation.
Who was she?

Dorfsmith
09-12-2011, 09:10 PM
It was much better the second time around and Ron got applause at the end of the segment. I thought Ron did great!

AJ187
09-12-2011, 09:11 PM
At least Chris Wallace didn't accuse Ron of taking our marching orders from Al Quada. We have come a long way, if you think about it.

trey4sports
09-12-2011, 09:11 PM
it was not that inflammatory. No biggie

ronpaulfollower999
09-12-2011, 09:13 PM
At least Chris Wallace didn't accuse Ron of taking our marching orders from Al Quada. We have come a long way, if you think about it.

But I loved Ron's response to that one:

"We should take our marching orders from the Constitution."

ItsTime
09-12-2011, 09:14 PM
The boos got people's attention and got independents to think.

michaelkellenger
09-12-2011, 09:15 PM
But I loved Ron's response to that one:

"We should take our marching orders from the Constitution."

But ron didn't have a great answer to Rick Santorum, like he did to Chris Wallace, the other Fox News moderator, Rudy G., Mike Huckabee, John McCain. This answer was a million times worse than he gave to all of those guys :(.

Salvial
09-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Some people in the official debate thread were saying "there goes the election." I think that's a bunch of crap and you people need to show some fucking spine. About MAYBE a dozen people booed out of an audience full of Glenn Beck 9/12 project-ers. This is not the end of our campaign.

Jandrsn21
09-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Wait, re watching it does help, is responses to those questions were perfect! The crowd overreacted plain and simple. People on here are just freaking out!

ItsTime
09-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Some people in the official debate thread were saying "there goes the election." I think that's a bunch of crap and you people need to show some fucking spine. About MAYBE a dozen people booed out of an audience full of Glenn Beck 9/12 project-ers. This is not the end of our campaign.

People said this about the last debate and Ron went up six points in the polls.

Sjmfury
09-12-2011, 09:21 PM
Truth hurts but it also heals. When we wake up we will see this as a blessing.

QE Is Theft
Ron Paul told the truth and nothing but the truth.

Like always.

The Perry/Romney fringe group in the audience just didn't care to hear it.

FSP-Rebel
The crowd overreacted plain and simple. People on here are just freaking out!
Some of them were drones and most got it. Paul got his point across and the rest were for the rest of the stage. I agree that we need them for the nom but the case is closed in that Ron made the best pt he coulda made.

spudea
09-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Santorum the warmongerer just stated we are at war with billions of people. I wish Ron Paul would of laid it out in simple terms. Something like this: "Firstly I have never blamed America or the American people, I take issue with bad policy that has killed thousands of innocent people around the world, and if we ignore the resulting hatred against us we are fools. Secondly, my good colleage does not understand a very basic principle and that is "Know your enemy" and we can make ourselves a lot safer." - Ron Paul

Aldanga
09-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Basically, take the responses of RPF during the debate, and remove all that say "We've won!" or "We've lost!", and you have a pretty good resource for analysis. Anyone who is swayed easily enough to claim one moment will make or break the campaign is too caught up in the moment to be able to approach it from a more neutral, and accurate, perspective.

MelissaWV
09-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Santorum is a fascist ass. A Rudy placeholder, and just as friggin ignorant.

The Boos were on Que.

I am a bit more interested in the Plant that asked the next question about dictating policy to a sovereign nation.
Who was she?

Do you mean the Afghani refugee who hugged Perry after the debate?

pauliticalfan
09-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Did anyone notice that Prick Santorum's "They hate us for are freedom's" BS rebuttal got very mild applause? Nothing compared to Giuliani in 07.

jmdrake
09-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Thanks for posting that. I'm glad I got a chance to watch it. People were freaking out over nothing. Nobody should expect Ron Paul to take a different line. He's the only thing I would have said differently if I was him. I would have kept the question tactical instead of going motivationally. Osama Bin Laden said that his tactic was to bankrupt the U.S. Ron Paul touched on that briefly, but it would have been better if he had stayed on it longer. But overall it was a decent answer.

JoshS
WOW!!

That's what the fuss was about? I missed the debate, if THAT'S what you guys were worried about we landslide won that debate. That was like...5 people boo'ing, everyone else was contently listening.

Carole
As Dr. Paul was speaking Gingrich and Santorum looked at each and smiled. Santorum sort of smirked. What a loser Santorum is.

MelissaWV
09-12-2011, 09:31 PM
WOW!!

That's what the fuss was about? I missed the debate, if THAT'S what you guys were worried about we landslide won that debate. That was like...5 people boo'ing, everyone else was contently listening.

People are fussing and freaking out, but I say this lost us very few people. This has always been Ron's policy. He said this last time, and while we lost last time the people were in more of a hurry to boo and ridicule him. I have seen several articles making zero mention of it, and instead mentioning Ron's talk about Texas taxes. Perry looked bad. That will be more of a story, imo.

Paul gained voters with the first portion of his debate performance.

TexMac
09-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Who was she?\

Was she one of these women?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/StateOfTheUnion/story?id=1562924

We'll have to find her name; I didn't catch it.

TexasJake
09-12-2011, 09:32 PM
I thought his answer was great. The truth is always better than some watered down half-truth. We know that people disagree with us on foreign policy, no surprise. His honesty on this subject is what got me interested in his positions to begin with last time, and I was pro-war at the time.

Join The Paul Side
09-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Santorum is just desperate and it showed. He threw punches at almost everybody including a few nuns in the stands. What do you expect from a punk that can't break 1% in the polls? :D

Jandrsn21
09-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Santorum Who? Oh the guy who lost to the guy who lost so bad he decided to drop out! lol

KingNothing
09-12-2011, 09:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8S3yws_88I&feature=youtu.be

At first I was freaking out when this happaned, but rewatching this I get the feeling that he handled it well. When the booing started, he made sure to make it known that it was not he who was saying these things, but that he was explaining the motivations behind their attacks on us. And as he finished his rebuttal, there was more clapping and cheering than boos. I think it could help us by showing that he didn't backtrack on his statements because of the booing.

Yeah, it really doesn't sound as bad after a second viewing.

evadmurd
09-12-2011, 09:41 PM
No surprise here. Ron stayed true to the facts and himself as he always does. The tea party now is nothing more than a bunch of power hungry, war mongering neocons. It is a shame we let it be hijacked. The tea party is not our friends.

Verrater
09-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Ron should have said this:

"Rick, you are absolutely wrong about my blog. I do not blame America, it was terrorist thugs that committed these acts of terror and violated american's liberties. They should pay with full force. However, we must look at the policies that entice this behavior. The CIA speaks of 'blowback' from the policies we created by occupying Arab and Middle Eastern countries while interfering with that region of the world. We must stop this, it is wrong. it is dangerous and we cannot afford it.

I agree and I'm sorry but I'm going to break with conventional wisdom and agree that we NEED a talking point on this subject.

This would be my suggestion:

Rick, you are absolutely wrong about my blog. I do not blame America, it was terrorist thugs that committed these acts of terror and they are, in the end, the only ones to blame.The Constitution authorizes letter of Marque and Reprisal and that is how we should have gotten Bin Laden and it would have been done quicker and at a fraction of the cost. We MUST look at the policies that entice this behavior and allow terrorists to recruit so easily. If you would have actually read the 9/11 commission report you would know that the CIA and NSA explicitly said blowback was a primary cause for embassy bombings in Africa, the 1993 bombings of the world trade center, and the 9/11 hijackings. Yet you dissolve facts to take a cheap shot at me at the cost of those who died during 9/11 and that is SHAMEFUL.

Something like this NEEDS to be said at the next debate. This is my opinion.

mport1
09-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Santorum looks so confused when Ron is answering. What an idiot.

hellsingfan
09-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Santorum looks so confused when Ron is answering. What an idiot.

The guy is listening to common sense and doesn't know how to reconcile that with his projected stupidity. Of course he's an idiot.

Jandrsn21
09-12-2011, 10:26 PM
The guy is listening to common sense and doesn't know how to reconcile that with his projected stupidity. Of course he's an idiot.

Rick looks like he's getting a lobotomy when Ron is schooling him! lol I'm sure there are some backstage clips CNN won't release of Rick back stage in a fetal position just drooling, screaming I can't handle the truth!!

AdamT
09-12-2011, 10:45 PM
The boo'ing thing....the perception will depend on your point of view. Neocons...well they're a tough sell anyway, and many may have just gotten back from Glenn Beck's pathetic pandering speech in Israel (many 9/12ers followed Beckie over there). They are a growing minority every passing day.

On the other hand, any sane thinking non-Israeli-firster would perceive the event as Ron trying to make a point, the crowd mindlessly boo'ing halfway through, and then Ron clarifies the point he was trying to make, which then received decent applause. Yeah he could've worded it better but over all his performance in tonight's joke of a debate was a win in my book.

Maximus
09-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Listening again, I think it was excellent. If Paul had another 30secs it would have been better. It won't alienate anyone who wasn't already alienated.

SilentBull
09-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Who cares about a few people booing? I thought the answer was great. He said we need to understand the motive, otherwise we will keep getting attacked. It was a very clear answer. Those who don't get it, just don't want to get it. Ron is still going up in the polls despite this.

FreedomHorn
09-12-2011, 11:22 PM
I think he's gonna earn some new supporters for that.

Ronulus
09-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Also when re watching it there is actually more applause than boos at the end.

TheTexan
09-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Sorry Santorum, but "America, fuck ya!" is not a substantive explanation for why we should be policing the world.

D.A.S.
09-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Yea, the boo's are quite limited. It wasn't like the whole auditorium, and the applause before and after pretty much takes over the boo's.

But Dr. Paul did an amazing job here. People are really coming out in support of what Dr. Paul said - he unleashed another TruthBomb. And I thought he did a great job defending himself against the boo's and addressing the audience directly. He was commanding and firm.

seapilot
09-12-2011, 11:36 PM
It sounded more like a herd of these...

http://earthzebra.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/sheep_herd.jpg

TheTexan
09-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Ya.. really, I think the (very limited) boo's will only help. Any honest journalist will take the time to explain Paul's views when covering this subject, and the facts there can speak for themselves.

COpatriot
09-12-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm sorry if this sounds uncivil, but Santorum can jump off a fucking bridge.

Crickett
09-13-2011, 12:38 AM
As Dr. Paul was speaking Gingrich and Santorum looked at each and smiled. Santorum sort of smirked. What a loser Santorum is.
That is because mostly the T-Party people are still into the wars. That is why I am not one. In fact, I got kicked out of the only (investigative) meeting I went to because I did not want to rise and sing "bombs bursting in air gave proof.." etc.

Crickett
09-13-2011, 12:46 AM
People are fussing and freaking out, but I say this lost us very few people. This has always been Ron's policy. He said this last time, and while we lost last time the people were in more of a hurry to boo and ridicule him. I have seen several articles making zero mention of it, and instead mentioning Ron's talk about Texas taxes. Perry looked bad. That will be more of a story, imo.

Paul gained voters with the first portion of his debate performance.

I thought Ron did great. When she asked that question and they flipped it to Ron, I really had NO idea what he was going to say to it.Seemed like a "gotcha" thing. We can armchair quarterback all his answers, but we are not on the field when it is play time, and that, to me, was a tough one. He did not throw a touchdown, but he gained some great yardage.

evadmurd
09-13-2011, 02:03 AM
Any honest journalist will take the time to explain Paul's views when covering this subject,...

Know any?

emazur
09-13-2011, 02:09 AM
The boo'ing thing....the perception will depend on your point of view. Neocons...well they're a tough sell anyway, and many may have just gotten back from Glenn Beck's pathetic pandering speech in Israel (many 9/12ers followed Beckie over there). They are a growing minority every passing day.

On the other hand, any sane thinking non-Israeli-firster would perceive the event as Ron trying to make a point, the crowd mindlessly boo'ing halfway through, and then Ron clarifies the point he was trying to make, which then received decent applause. Yeah he could've worded it better but over all his performance in tonight's joke of a debate was a win in my book.

Well that's interesting b/c earlier this year Beck himself said the same thing as Ron Paul when he was on O'Reilly: they don't hate us for our freedoms, they hate us for our foreign policy:
http://www.therightscoop.com/beck-debates-oreilly-on-egypt/

QE Is Theft
09-13-2011, 02:19 AM
Did anyone notice that Prick Santorum's "They hate us for are freedom's" BS rebuttal got very mild applause? Nothing compared to Giuliani in 07.

EXCELLENT observation.

This proves without a doubt the sheeple are starting to wake up.

TER
09-13-2011, 02:25 AM
I agree and I'm sorry but I'm going to break with conventional wisdom and agree that we NEED a talking point on this subject.

Rick, you are absolutely wrong about my blog. I do not blame America, it was terrorist thugs that committed these acts of terror and they are, in the end, the only ones to blame.The Constitution authorizes letter of Marque and Reprisal and that is how we should have gotten Bin Laden and it would have been done quicker and at a fraction of the cost. We MUST look at the policies that entice this behavior and allow terrorists to recruit so easily. If you would have actually read the 9/11 commission report you would know that the CIA and NSA explicitly said blowback was a primary cause for embassy bombings in Africa, the 1993 bombings of the world trade center, and the 9/11 hijackings. Yet you dissolve facts to take a cheap shot at me at the cost of those who died during 9/11 and that is SHAMEFUL.

Well said.

devil21
09-13-2011, 04:31 AM
It's never a bad thing when RP distinguishes himself as the peace candidate. Even fooled Obama voters can see that he's the ONLY one this time around that's even trying to sound like the peace candidate.

asurfaholic
09-13-2011, 04:49 AM
I think he's gonna earn some new supporters for that.

+rep

I agree. The way I look at it is a ton of people in america are fed up with the neo conservatives just like they are fed up with the current administration. Hearing those boos to a common sense answer will engage the thinking people. I don't believe that the audience made up a good representation of America's opinion. I mean, tickets were what, $125 each? Theres not many people who can afford that, especially if you are one of the ones affected by the crappy economy.

anewvoice
09-13-2011, 05:11 AM
If that were Romney and the boos were from Ron Paul supporters, all they'd be bitching about today is how loony Ron's supporters are. It's not a big deal, we won th debate handily, bachmann scored some points, Romney got hurt a little, Huntsman was a tool, Santorum IS a tool, and Perry imploded on stage.

Good night, ready for the next one and the Jon Stewart showing!

michaelkellenger
09-13-2011, 05:15 AM

Something like this NEEDS to be said at the next debate. This is my opinion.

Haha You improved my answer by 10 fold. Your addition to it was amazing!!!

cucucachu0000
09-13-2011, 05:31 AM
I'm not worrie about it, he's right and for those who think he worded it wrong....... opening week Monday night football. Regular people weren't watching this debate, plus its early anyway for regular people to pay attention. Just make sure your out there to defend ron paul when ever some idiot says he blames the attack on this country on us. He doesn't he blames our rogue governemnts foreign policy, and the clearly psycho extremists for the attack. If you want the Pot to stop boiling you don't try to pop all the bubbles before they come to the surface you take away the fire. Us being there is the fire. Plus throw in there that 92% of afganies don't know about 9/11 and (which we should put on drudge today so more repubs can see some truth) that makes it easier for these guys to say were there to kill all muslims and they have to fight back, and the people there believe it.